F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > Tint shop recommendation in GVA
Studio RSR

03-13-2018, 04:42 PM   #1
KuroKuro
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 328i M sport Xdrive

Tint shop recommendation in GVA

Hi guys, as the title suggested, I'm looking for tint shop recommendation in the Vancouver area. Prefer if they can offer 3M tints. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2018, 02:17 PM   #2
uncleruckus
no relation
Rep
Drives: F30 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuroKuro View Post
Hi guys, as the title suggested, I'm looking for tint shop recommendation in the Vancouver area. Prefer if they can offer 3M tints. Thanks in advance.
I used a shop called "Street Legal Tint" (they have a few locations in lower mainland) and they did a good job on my tint. I can't remember what brand of tints they have, but I just used their "standard" one and have been satisfied so far. I have 50% in the front and 35% in the rear windows and it hasn't started peeling or falling apart yet.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 12:13 PM   #3
KuroKuro
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 328i M sport Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleruckus View Post
I used a shop called "Street Legal Tint" (they have a few locations in lower mainland) and they did a good job on my tint. I can't remember what brand of tints they have, but I just used their "standard" one and have been satisfied so far. I have 50% in the front and 35% in the rear windows and it hasn't started peeling or falling apart yet.
Thanks for the input, I will give them a call see what they offer. Do you happen to have a picture of your car with tint? I am still deciding how dark I should go and was thinking same as your setup too. Thanks again.

Last edited by KuroKuro; 03-17-2018 at 12:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 02:34 PM   #4
uncleruckus
no relation
Rep
Drives: F30 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuroKuro View Post
Thanks for the input, I will give them a call see what they offer. Do you happen to have a picture of your car with tint? I am still deciding how dark I should go and was thinking same as your setup too. Thanks again.
I don't have any pictures handy, but ill see if I can grab a picture today/tomorrow.

If I had to do it again, I would probably go slightly darker on the rear (so 50% Front//20% Rear). Gives a bit more privacy in the backseats, but front is light enough to not attract unwanted attention.

IMO 35% is the darkest I would go in the front (for legality issues)
Appreciate 0