F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Some minor issues
proTUNING Freaks

11-11-2012, 05:45 AM   #1
M-Sport328i
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M Sport 328i

Some minor issues

It started at the dealership when doing delivery. Noticed that the DAB tuner was not installed. ok.... so dealer refunded the diff. Second thing I noticed was passenger side a pillar internal trim was pinched in a number of places - mostly sorted. Then on Friday when shutting boot I noticed that the boot mounted tail light moved. Upon investigation the tail light was flapping around. Not bad for 1 week old?
Took it to dealer and it was fixed in about 10 min. Turns out it was not clipped in properly at factory.

Can't fault the dealer but the factory might need to improve the quality control.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 06:27 AM   #2
CrazyLatte
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X4 35i

I hope they refunded the luxury car tax component to you
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 01:58 PM   #3
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Sport328i View Post
Noticed that the DAB tuner was not installed. ok....
I carried out a few quick tests over the weekend. At least in the car, DAB+ radio has LESS, yes LESS dynamic range than FM. DAB sounds very heavily compressed on Nova Nation and Edge Digital. Not much better on other stations.

For a technology, which should be able to exploit high quality, this is a major disappointment. In addition, frequency response is also limited. We have a small but nice DAB+ Radio at home and find the quality to be very nice.

Perhaps more testing is required.
Anyone else able to offer some info on DAB radio?
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 03:29 AM   #4
Sephanite
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4

i would if u pass me the device
Appreciate 0