F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > M Performance Exhaust + PPK Videos Galore!
ARMA SPEED

05-01-2013, 02:23 PM   #23
DarkTrigger
Professional
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i MPPK

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildbright View Post
A mild tune is not going to increase volume of your exhaust.
I wouldn't say louder, but definitely a different tone. Sounds deeper, and I don't have the MPE.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 02:38 PM   #24
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildbright
A mild tune is not going to increase volume of your exhaust.
It's not the tune that's altering the note, it's what it's doing to the intake and exhaust flap that's altering the note....I'm sure those noises were already there, PPK just uncorked it all.

You can hear the difference in my video versus the one from the car mag review posted above...

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 02:40 PM   #25
DarkTrigger
Professional
United_States
Rep

I'm kinda not liking how loud the recirculating valve is.... Hoping I'll get used to it... I guess I'm a 29 year old, old man.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 03:20 PM   #26
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkTrigger
I'm kinda not liking how loud the recirculating valve is.... Hoping I'll get used to it... I guess I'm a 29 year old, old man.
Lol...I'm 34 in August man, are you calling me a closet ricer?!

Actually I am...it is about 50% of Evo 8 that had a nice, strong, metal Forge Recirc Valve with the strongest spring setting.

Odd that its that loud for you-are you driving windows down?

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 03:41 PM   #27
AWF30MSPORT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 Porsche 981 Cayman GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
It's not the tune that's altering the note, it's what it's doing to the intake and exhaust flap that's altering the note....I'm sure those noises were already there, PPK just uncorked it all.

You can hear the difference in my video versus the one from the car mag review posted above...
I drove for a day with the intake installed before I had the DME and programming done, and I've had the exhaust flap wired open from day one, and I still noticed a different tone/growl from the car after the DME/programming, particularly HARD acceleration in 1st and 2nd gear going from 2000-4500 RPM...or if I am cruising along at 30-40ish mph in a lower gear and then mash the throttle....it definitely sounds a bit meaner.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 03:48 PM   #28
DarkTrigger
Professional
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkTrigger
Lol...I'm 34 in August man, are you calling me a closet ricer?!

Actually I am...it is about 50% of Evo 8 that had a nice, strong, metal Forge Recirc Valve with the strongest spring setting.

Odd that its that loud for you-are you driving windows down?
Yup. Windows are rolled down. I enjoy the SoCal weather
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 04:59 PM   #29
buildbright
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post

Once the car is warm the exhaust valve is open. The only difference would be more over run burble. I have seen your videos and the intake sound is alot louder and nice! I am going to drive a PPK car later this month and will be bring a VBOX to see how it compares to stock. I know it will be as fast as my car but I would like to see for myself the difference. I have a few friends considering it but they want to see how it compares to my car.
Appreciate 0