F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Finally! production Begins, 328d X-Drive M-Sport Sports Wagon
Studio RSR

05-02-2014, 02:54 AM   #1
HerculesJeff
Rep
Drives: 328d Sports Wagon

Smile Finally! production Begins, 328d X-Drive M-Sport Sports Wagon

Hello All!,

After placing the order on April 21st at Concord BMW, and figuring out a little snafu with the color combo (not being able to order Coral Red with the M-Sport's package) the car is finally started production, i haven't used the 800 number. I know that the number is more accurate then the website but thats all i have used thus far.

My previous car was a 2007 ES350, Ultra Luxury. Owning a lexus had always been a dream of mine, but after many great years and quite a bit of miles (151k) i think its time to finally turn her in. She had been quite reliable over the years and i was able to have enough room for myself and others (I'm 6'5)

After much deliberating with a few cars (Tourareg, E-Class wagon, GS350) i decided on going the way of a 328d wagon, We had test drove the 328i wagon first, and though i loved the power and the sound of the wagon, with premium being a bit more expensive here in the bay area, and perhaps wanting to be a bit more eclectic and european. It was the diesel. Longevity and great fuel economy were certainly some of the attributes that i felt was worth the extra cost (though with the current eco credit the price difference between the petrol and diesel are even less) My current communite is about 20% city/80% hwy. Running between Hercules and San Rafael.

So lets talk about what was on the order sheet.

Line - M-Sport, no questions about it, i loved the outside aggressive look it had, the steering wheel, and the sport seats, i did love the red stitching on the Sport Line on the seats and wheel, but it wasn't enough to sway me from the M-Sport.

Exterior Color - I had always talked about getting a white car, but i prefer a metallic color when it comes to white (i.e. mineral white) but its not available with the M-Sport pack. The dealer had a sapphire black that i had drove and i loved it, though my current car is also black and the headache with keeping it clean and not to mention the warm weather were certainly detractors. Silver was also on my list, as was EBII, but at the end of the day i decided to go with MGM. It was a mix between black and silver, and it looks absolutely beautiful in the sun. As i drove a sport line 328d wagon on the lot in this particular color.

Interior Color - Red, no matter what i knew i wanted red, Ive felt BMW does some of the best red interiors in the business and this one is no exception. Plus it looks great with the MGM, i chose the aluminum hexagon trim with black gloss, the wood looked way out of place and i did not like it at all.

(Packages)

Tech Package - I certainly wanted Nav, and i love the HUD even though i wear Polarized glasses. I'm sure at night it would be helpful as well. I know there have been quite a few threads on the HUD rattle (even Edmunds.com has experienced it) but i knew i wanted it regardless.

Premium Package - Another must have, i didn't want fake leather, and i wanted lumbar support and the comfort access (which i had on my Lexus standard) and the SAT radio is fine though I'm sure i will find myself using pandora more or my Audible more since my old car didn't have BT streaming (How is the Audible app anyways?)

Lighting Package - Another no question item, heard the halogens were terrible, and i wish i could have waited for the LCI and gotten LED lights but oh well i have xenon and people seem pretty happy with them)

Driver Assistance Package - My prior car had both sensors and a backup cam, now i know the car is smaller, but the side mirrors aren't the largest and since its a wagon i felt the added security with the sensors, as ugly as they may be.

Driver Assistance Plus - I was pretty torn on this one, i ended up getting it really just for the BSM, which kinda sucks, i wish it was a standalone option, could have saved a few bucks. The speed limit info is great too I'm sure (but my partners GTI has it on his nav screen included) the extra cameras are eh, maybe my mind will change after i use them but as of right now seems kind of a waste.

Cold Weather Package - yes, i wanted heated seats for everyone and having a warm steering wheel in this COLD california nights would be great.

Dynamic Handling Package - Coming from a "luxury sedan" and into a BMW i knew that i was going to have to give up some things in terms of comfort. Now i know that the X-Drive is the "standard suspension setup" and not the M suspension, but i honestly felt it handled pretty well without it, and non of the dealers in this area ever really have a model on hand with DHP, with some questions on the longevity of all of the adjustable dampers, i felt that i could forgo this option.

Options.

M-Sport Brakes - I really wanted to pay the extra 650$, but i also hate the brake dust people had complained about and i didn't want to have to get another set of tires whenever i go to Tahoe, or any place where i wouldn't want to run the summer tires. Also the added wear of the summer tires and run flats already being more expensive kind of made this decision easier.

ACC - Nope.

Concierge Services - Nope.

Rear Sunshades - Yep, i will get the car tinted as soon as possible (Rocky Mountain Window Tint, Livermore, Matt, where i have all my cars done) but i still love the rear shades.

Parking Assistant - I almost feel like a dork buying this but i did, is it kind of a novelty? Sure, but at the same time i think it might make it easier from time to time if i don't actually feel like doing all the work (I know, I know!)

HK Audio - Definitely, The Lexus had Mark Levinson, certainly not the greatest set up in the world, but i feel its still better then what is in any 3-Series, i would have certainly paid more money for a better system if it was available. I do like the speaker grills, which i guess is silly, but it doesn't sound half bad from what i heard on the test drive, but still not as good as my old system.

Alarm - Yep, why not hopefully will make my ins. cheaper and i like the sound it makes when its locked.

Auto High Beams - Nope.

I think that about sums it up so far, Im very excited to be apart of the BMW family, the wait begins with it being built and then shipped over, so i will certainly be keeping myself pre occupied with most post reading in the meantime.

Jeff.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 07:37 AM   #2
ADM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d xdr Msprt

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerculesJeff View Post
Hello All!,

After placing the order on April 21st at Concord BMW, and figuring out a little snafu with the color combo (not being able to order Coral Red with the M-Sport's package) the car is finally started production, i haven't used the 800 number. I know that the number is more accurate then the website but thats all i have used thus far.

My previous car was a 2007 ES350, Ultra Luxury. Owning a lexus had always been a dream of mine, but after many great years and quite a bit of miles (151k) i think its time to finally turn her in. She had been quite reliable over the years and i was able to have enough room for myself and others (I'm 6'5)

After much deliberating with a few cars (Tourareg, E-Class wagon, GS350) i decided on going the way of a 328d wagon, We had test drove the 328i wagon first, and though i loved the power and the sound of the wagon, with premium being a bit more expensive here in the bay area, and perhaps wanting to be a bit more eclectic and european. It was the diesel. Longevity and great fuel economy were certainly some of the attributes that i felt was worth the extra cost (though with the current eco credit the price difference between the petrol and diesel are even less) My current communite is about 20% city/80% hwy. Running between Hercules and San Rafael.

So lets talk about what was on the order sheet.

Line - M-Sport, no questions about it, i loved the outside aggressive look it had, the steering wheel, and the sport seats, i did love the red stitching on the Sport Line on the seats and wheel, but it wasn't enough to sway me from the M-Sport.

Exterior Color - I had always talked about getting a white car, but i prefer a metallic color when it comes to white (i.e. mineral white) but its not available with the M-Sport pack. The dealer had a sapphire black that i had drove and i loved it, though my current car is also black and the headache with keeping it clean and not to mention the warm weather were certainly detractors. Silver was also on my list, as was EBII, but at the end of the day i decided to go with MGM. It was a mix between black and silver, and it looks absolutely beautiful in the sun. As i drove a sport line 328d wagon on the lot in this particular color.

Interior Color - Red, no matter what i knew i wanted red, Ive felt BMW does some of the best red interiors in the business and this one is no exception. Plus it looks great with the MGM, i chose the aluminum hexagon trim with black gloss, the wood looked way out of place and i did not like it at all.

(Packages)

Tech Package - I certainly wanted Nav, and i love the HUD even though i wear Polarized glasses. I'm sure at night it would be helpful as well. I know there have been quite a few threads on the HUD rattle (even Edmunds.com has experienced it) but i knew i wanted it regardless.

Premium Package - Another must have, i didn't want fake leather, and i wanted lumbar support and the comfort access (which i had on my Lexus standard) and the SAT radio is fine though I'm sure i will find myself using pandora more or my Audible more since my old car didn't have BT streaming (How is the Audible app anyways?)

Lighting Package - Another no question item, heard the halogens were terrible, and i wish i could have waited for the LCI and gotten LED lights but oh well i have xenon and people seem pretty happy with them)

Driver Assistance Package - My prior car had both sensors and a backup cam, now i know the car is smaller, but the side mirrors aren't the largest and since its a wagon i felt the added security with the sensors, as ugly as they may be.

Driver Assistance Plus - I was pretty torn on this one, i ended up getting it really just for the BSM, which kinda sucks, i wish it was a standalone option, could have saved a few bucks. The speed limit info is great too I'm sure (but my partners GTI has it on his nav screen included) the extra cameras are eh, maybe my mind will change after i use them but as of right now seems kind of a waste.

Cold Weather Package - yes, i wanted heated seats for everyone and having a warm steering wheel in this COLD california nights would be great.

Dynamic Handling Package - Coming from a "luxury sedan" and into a BMW i knew that i was going to have to give up some things in terms of comfort. Now i know that the X-Drive is the "standard suspension setup" and not the M suspension, but i honestly felt it handled pretty well without it, and non of the dealers in this area ever really have a model on hand with DHP, with some questions on the longevity of all of the adjustable dampers, i felt that i could forgo this option.

Options.

M-Sport Brakes - I really wanted to pay the extra 650$, but i also hate the brake dust people had complained about and i didn't want to have to get another set of tires whenever i go to Tahoe, or any place where i wouldn't want to run the summer tires. Also the added wear of the summer tires and run flats already being more expensive kind of made this decision easier.

ACC - Nope.

Concierge Services - Nope.

Rear Sunshades - Yep, i will get the car tinted as soon as possible (Rocky Mountain Window Tint, Livermore, Matt, where i have all my cars done) but i still love the rear shades.

Parking Assistant - I almost feel like a dork buying this but i did, is it kind of a novelty? Sure, but at the same time i think it might make it easier from time to time if i don't actually feel like doing all the work (I know, I know!)

HK Audio - Definitely, The Lexus had Mark Levinson, certainly not the greatest set up in the world, but i feel its still better then what is in any 3-Series, i would have certainly paid more money for a better system if it was available. I do like the speaker grills, which i guess is silly, but it doesn't sound half bad from what i heard on the test drive, but still not as good as my old system.

Alarm - Yep, why not hopefully will make my ins. cheaper and i like the sound it makes when its locked.

Auto High Beams - Nope.

I think that about sums it up so far, Im very excited to be apart of the BMW family, the wait begins with it being built and then shipped over, so i will certainly be keeping myself pre occupied with most post reading in the meantime.

Jeff.
Sounds like a detailed/well thought out plan. ENJOY!!!!
The wait may be a stressful experience, but you should be verrrrrry happy upon that first days drive.

Hang in there. I can appreciated the anticipation as my 328d xDrive is docking in NY/NJ port today!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 07:43 AM   #3
PabloK
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

I have this car and love it.... I prefer it over my 335 for daily driving.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 10:24 PM   #4
drkeng
Major
Rep
Drives: '18 M4 'vert Tanz Blue

lucky you!
I ordered at the end of Feb and my car just went into production.

your build looks great; MGM is a great color; I would have gotten it, but it's too close to my current Sparkling Graphite, so I went with *black