F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > My BMW Remote Mobile App Now Available in Apple iTunes for iOS Devices
Extreme Powerhouse

12-24-2012, 05:01 PM   #23
EB_F30
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 13' M Sport 335 6MT

Should have my car in a few weeks (US Spec). Was wondering how easy it is to send google searches to the car with the regular NAV, not the new one everyone is getting but the US. So you send it to the car and it's waiting for you when you start it up?

I'm in Italy and use GPS all the time...you can't live with out it here so this is going to be a great bonus to have!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 12:21 PM   #24
wilme861
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB_F30 View Post
Should have my car in a few weeks (US Spec). Was wondering how easy it is to send google searches to the car with the regular NAV, not the new one everyone is getting but the US. So you send it to the car and it's waiting for you when you start it up?

I'm in Italy and use GPS all the time...you can't live with out it here so this is going to be a great bonus to have!
You just go into the remote app and use the google search there to find what you want. When you find the place you want to go to just select it and hit send to vehicle and it's literally that easy. When you get in the car, go to your office and messages and you'll see it waiting for you in there.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 04:41 PM   #25
EB_F30
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 13' M Sport 335 6MT

Good info, thanks. Look fwd to trying it out.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 09:02 AM   #26
jamie335i
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M sport 6MT

anyone notice that the remote app for iphone has a huge delay? when i send the signal to beep the horn it can take anywhere from 2-5 minutes to work.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 05:01 PM   #27
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie335i View Post
anyone notice that the remote app for iphone has a huge delay? when i send the signal to beep the horn it can take anywhere from 2-5 minutes to work.
yeah, it takes a while most of the time. That kind of limits it's usefulness.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 05:14 PM   #28
jamie335i
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
yeah, it takes a while most of the time. That kind of limits it's usefulness.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 03:20 PM   #29
hav2flynow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Mineral White 328i Sport

Garage List
Came in handy when I locked my key in the Trunk (or Boot) on my E92.. I did not have comfort access on that one like I did on E90, so was surprised when the trunk would not open with the key inside. Whipped out Iphone. Unlocked Car. Groceries saved. F30 has comfort access and Trunk won't close with key inside.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 11:14 PM   #30
inChargeOfIT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sport

You will need to set a 4 digit pin anytime you open the app. Also, you must enter the username (likely your email address) and password in all caps. If not, it will lock you out after a few failed attempts and you will need to call them to have it reset.

And yeah... it can take a few minutes for the actions to take place. Which sucks if your looking for you car in a parking lot.

I mostly use it when I am not sure if I locked my car and Google local search so I can send map locations to my nav.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 12:00 AM   #31
jrortiz
First Lieutenant
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

I mostly use it to send direction to the nav. I think that is the best feature of the app. Hope that in the next update it allow to drop a pin in the map and send the direction to that location to the nav.
      02-10-2013, 05:47 AM   #32
driftdevil
China
Rep
Drives: All BMW cars

Can I have this function in China?

Can I have this function in China?
My car is F30 328i with CIC, without the BMW connected drive. So how can I get this function? And if it is possible to retrofit my iDrive to the new NBT, or if it is possible to have BMW app in my iDrive?
Thanks a lot !
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 12:17 PM   #33
inChargeOfIT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sport

By the way.. the Google local search is not just a function of the iPhone app. You can send to car from your desktop computers browser as well (ie Firefox, Safari, etc.) just using http://maps.google.com. The BMW Remote app lets me use google maps much like it is on my home computer, so that is a big plus.

Now if they would integrate Siri into the push to talk button on the steering wheel I would be in heaven! "Siri... find me the closest Starbucks north of me and send to my car" (although I can imagine something like this being a common response "Sure, let me get get that for you".. "Ok, directions to the North Star have been sent to your car")

Also, I am not sure what options you need to have purchased on your car to get this working. I have tech package + BMW Assist. So for me, I have to press my 'emergency use only' BMW assist button above my head and say "Hi BMW lady... can you find me the closest Starbucks north of me and send it to my nav"....... First world problems my friends.
Appreciate 0