F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Remus responder
ARMA SPEED

12-05-2016, 06:47 PM   #23
MidLifeX
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 M Sport 428i

Well...order placed. Thanks Mike. I have the DinanSport so well see how they will work together
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2016, 06:50 PM   #24
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidLifeX View Post
Well...order placed. Thanks Mike. I have the DinanSport so well see how they will work together
My pleasure, will send you the tracking number soon

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2016, 12:15 AM   #25
BMWtight2me
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320ayayay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
gpchamp is using it with the Dinan tune
Would be cool if you tested one on your 328i. I'd be curious to do he same on mine.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2016, 12:24 AM   #26
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWtight2me View Post
Would be cool if you tested one on your 328i. I'd be curious to do he same on mine.
I was meaning to do that on my 335 and 328

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2016, 09:22 AM   #27
Jchn
Banned
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpchamp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchn View Post
Would there be a benefit of running the RR with Sport Mode? Or would there be no noticeable difference?
Yes, the throttle response is even sharper, but not intrusively so. Remember, there are 12 different settings on the Responder so you can customize the way it feels under your right foot.
Thanks, I sort of hate the mushiness of the pedal...even on sport
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2016, 08:27 PM   #28
F30Rez
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i m sport

Quote:
Quote:
Now I'm kind of wondering what this would be like in combination with the jb4. I pretty much always shift myself. I think it's a great auto gearbox, but during spirited driving it tends to downshift more conservatively than I necessarily want.

If this worked well in combination with high tuning I would be very interested. I wouldn't have to use the steptronics all the time!
If you want more aggressive behavior from your transmission, then I would suggest just using Sport or Sport+ mode all the time. The reason I went with the Remus Responder was I wanted a sharper throttle response, which you would get in Sport or Sport+. However, I didn't want my transmission to be constantly hunting for the lowest gear possible, which is a pain in the neck in city driving. With the Responder, I leave my driving mode in Comfort so the transmission behaves more normally, yet I can have a much more sharpened throttle response, as if I had it in Sport.
Is the most aggressive top at red & bottom all green?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 09:14 AM   #29
gpchamp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 440i GC '23 Tesla Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30Rez View Post
Is the most aggressive top at red & bottom all green?
Correct. The top button switches you from Sport, to Sport+, and lastly Eco Pro. The bottom two buttons (+ & -) trims each setting you're in to more aggressive or less aggressive. I found my sweet spot in Sport+ with a -3 setting (3 red lights).
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 04:54 PM   #30
MidLifeX
Private
Rep

Quote:
It comes with detailed instructions. It's VERY simple, took me 5 minutes and all I needed was an allen wrench to remove and re-install the gas pedal from the floor.
How long was the cable and where did you install the switch module?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 01:29 PM   #31
gpchamp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
How long was the cable and where did you install the switch module?
I ran the cord under the center console and the controller between my seat and the console.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2016, 01:22 PM   #32
MidLifeX
Private
Rep

OK....my daughter made it home with my responder. Contimplating on whether or not to install now or wait till after scheduled first maintenance on monday? Does anyone have a quick link to insturctions on install to the 4 series. Someone mentioned having to remove gas pedal?
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2016, 02:33 PM   #33
MidLifeX
Private
Rep

Quote:
It comes with detailed instructions. It's VERY simple, took me 5 minutes and all I needed was an allen wrench to remove and re-install the gas pedal from the floor.
Package didn't come with instruction but I was able to download instruction regarding plug and play. Able to remove bottom portion of gas pedal but does the top portion pop out or is it bolted down as well?
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2016, 05:19 PM   #34
MidLifeX
Private
Rep

OK....finally got it done. It was NOT a 5 minute job. Well it could have been if I just wanted to leave the wires kinda hanging. Took the time to route under the carpet and find some place to mount the module (see pic).

Initial impression is WOW! Response is amazing. Gotta play and figure out different settings to see whats best. This, coupled with the DinanSport is more than I need for now! Thanks mike@x-ph.com!!
Attached Images

Last edited by MidLifeX; 12-15-2016 at 05:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2016, 05:38 PM   #35
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
OK....finally got it done. It was NOT a 5 minute job. Well it could have been if I just wanted to leave the wires kinda hanging. Took the time to route under the carpet and find some place to mount the module (see pic).

Initial impression is WOW! Response is amazing. Gotta play and figure out different settings to see whats best. This, coupled with the DinanSport is more than I need for now! Thanks mike@x-ph.com!!
Awesome!!

Appreciate 0
      12-16-2016, 10:40 AM   #36
gpchamp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Glad you're enjoying it! This is something that BMW should've produced on its own.
Appreciate 1
      12-16-2016, 02:00 PM   #37
Cammy5
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 328i M Sport 6MT

Quote:

Awesome. Glad to see someone provide some real world feedback on this as I'm semi-interested in it. The pedal response in Comfort mode is pretty meh and I'd prefer not to drive on my daily commute in Sport mode. Seems like this may be the solution.
*M Performance Big Brake Kit
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2016, 05:50 PM   #38
gpchamp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammy5 View Post
Awesome. Glad to see someone provide some real world feedback on this as I'm semi-interested in it. The pedal response in Comfort mode is pretty meh and I'd prefer not to drive on my daily commute in Sport mode. Seems like this may be the solution.

Go for it, trust me, you wouldn't be disappointed. I had the same feelings as you, about not wanting to drive in Sport Mode and having to live with the transmission hunting for the lowest possible gear all the time. Now with the Remus Responder giving me the sharp throttle response I wanted, I set the Sport Mode in the chassis-only setting so I would have the beefier steering without the transmission issues.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2016, 11:20 AM   #39
MidLifeX
Private
Rep

Ok, I have had a chance to play and test out the products in the past several days and wanted to pass along my feedback and observations.
There’s only one thing that I really don’t like about the responder…..it stays on constantly! I wished it would turn on and off, coinciding with the vehicles ignition system. Additionally, I wish it had memory in place to remember your last setting so you can set it and forget it.
Now that the bad stuff is out of the way, let's talk about its overall performance and capabilities. I took my car in for its 1st maintenance service so I disconnected my Dinantronics Sports Module. On the way to the dealership I drove it in its stock state. I found myself having to practically push the accelerator all the way to the floor to get to my desired speed to merge into the freeway. On the way back I turned on the responder and found that the throttle response was much more immediate compared to stock. I did not have the need to have to floor the accelerator to the floor to get to my desired speed. Based on my observation, I would highly recommend this product for any enthusiast so that you can enjoy the true accelerator performance in a stock BMW!
As I have stated previously, I am using this Remus Responder in conjunction with a Dinantronics Sport Module. I tried out the different setting to find the optimum setting for my style of driving. Here as some of the setting that might be useful for others to use as a base (IMO)
Sport+ and Position 3 mode (Top Middle Red Light and 3 Bottom Green Light): This was the most aggressive setting that I tested on my freeway on ramp. All I can say is AMAZING and almost scary! I found myself accelerating from 80 to 120+ in what seemed like a quarter mile. I literary had to pull my foot off the accelerator because I did not even have it push half way compared to nearly having it floored in stock configuration. Needless to say, this is not the setting I would be using, although it brings a smile to my face knowing what it can do.
I also used the previously noted setting by gpchamp of Sport+ and -3(three bottom red lights). I think that this setting is perfect for daily driving. My personal preference is Sport+ and -2 (two bottom red lights). I hope this helps a bit. Get yourself and your car a small Christmas present and get a responder!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2016, 04:08 PM   #40
gpchamp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ok, I have had a chance to play and test out the products in the past several days and wanted to pass along my feedback and observations.
There’s only one thing that I really don’t like about the responder…..it stays on constantly! I wished it would turn on and off, coinciding with the vehicles ignition system. Additionally, I wish it had memory in place to remember your last setting so you can set it and forget it.
Now that the bad stuff is out of the way, let's talk about its overall performance and capabilities. I took my car in for its 1st maintenance service so I disconnected my Dinantronics Sports Module. On the way to the dealership I drove it in its stock state. I found myself having to practically push the accelerator all the way to the floor to get to my desired speed to merge into the freeway. On the way back I turned on the responder and found that the throttle response was much more immediate compared to stock. I did not have the need to have to floor the accelerator to the floor to get to my desired speed. Based on my observation, I would highly recommend this product for any enthusiast so that you can enjoy the true accelerator performance in a stock BMW!
As I have stated previously, I am using this Remus Responder in conjunction with a Dinantronics Sport Module. I tried out the different setting to find the optimum setting for my style of driving. Here as some of the setting that might be useful for others to use as a base (IMO)
Sport+ and Position 3 mode (Top Middle Red Light and 3 Bottom Green Light): This was the most aggressive setting that I tested on my freeway on ramp. All I can say is AMAZING and almost scary! I found myself accelerating from 80 to 120+ in what seemed like a quarter mile. I literary had to pull my foot off the accelerator because I did not even have it push half way compared to nearly having it floored in stock configuration. Needless to say, this is not the setting I would be using, although it brings a smile to my face knowing what it can do.
I also used the previously noted setting by gpchamp of Sport+ and -3(three bottom red lights). I think that this setting is perfect for daily driving. My personal preference is Sport+ and -2 (two bottom red lights). I hope this helps a bit. Get yourself and your car a small Christmas present and get a responder!

Glad you're enjoying it!

mike@x-ph.com, you really owe me a broker's commission.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2017, 02:04 PM   #41
MidLifeX
Private
Rep

Just a little update....my earlier concern/con regarding the module staying on has been proven to be incorrect. When the car is off the module turns off as well (not sure time constraints).....but it does turn off and back on in the setting that you leave it on when you open up the door. Hope this helps a bit. Happy New Year!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2017, 12:59 AM   #42
BMWtight2me
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320ayayay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
I was meaning to do that on my 335 and 328
Ever get a chance to test it out? Curious to hear your opinion, especially with the jb4.

I use the steptronic system most of the time because I don't like the stock feel of the pedal in auto...
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2017, 11:50 AM   #43
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ever get a chance to test it out? Curious to hear your opinion, especially with the jb4.

I use the steptronic system most of the time because I don't like the stock feel of the pedal in auto...
Never had the chance but since this post we sold a ton of Responders ... Everyone was very happy with it. Couple reviews were posted on the forum as well

Appreciate 0