F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > I coded back to stock, but...
ARMA SPEED

01-10-2017, 04:26 PM   #1
bimmerace
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 335i xDrive M-Sport

I coded back to stock, but...

I keep getting camera and lane change warning errors, the cameras work just fine, but LCW doesn't, it crashes every time I activate it and reach 30mph. Any idea on how to fix these?

Up until going back to stock, I never injected FA, I only did basic coding following svache's guide.

What I did to go back to stock was inject the backup FA I had (because the one it had gave me a bunch of coding errors for some reason, and this gave me none, except for the camera and LCW), clicked on read SVT, and right click on the root SVT folder, and clicked on "Code". Reading from multiple threads, that seemed like the right way to go back to its original coding. Is that right?

Many thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2017, 07:35 PM   #2
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Did you do this with engine running or connected to external power source?
If the former, you may have some corrupted ECU's.
Did you attempt to clear errors with External transmitter or scan car with ISTA+?
What do you mean by the one [FA] you had gave your errors? What is in it that is different from (I assume when you say injected) loaded FA?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2017, 08:50 PM   #3
bimmerace
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Did you do this with engine running or connected to external power source?
If the former, you may have some corrupted ECU's.
Did you attempt to clear errors with External transmitter or scan car with ISTA+?
What do you mean by the one [FA] you had gave your errors? What is in it that is different from (I assume when you say injected) loaded FA?
at one point I was coding back to stock, and then I got a warning saying the battery was low (it also asked me to turn the engine on) which was weird because I had just gotten home from a 1 hr drive on the freeway, so I kinda freaked out and turned the engine on. But later on I injected a backup FA and coded the SVT root folder and it finished without error. Before that I kept getting low battery and the car going into that batter saving mode, even when it wasn't low, then camera errors whenever I used one, even tho it worked, then chasis stability, which went away every time after restarting the car, and then the Lane Change Warning faulted every time I turned it on and reached 30mph.

I had never touched the FA even after those errors, I only did it after to see if that helped, which it did. Now I only have the camera, and Lane Change Warning giving me errors.

I just finished downloading ISTA+, what should I do now?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2017, 09:11 PM   #4
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikest View Post
at one point I was coding back to stock, and then I got a warning saying the battery was low (it also asked me to turn the engine on) which was weird because I had just gotten home from a 1 hr drive on the freeway, so I kinda freaked out and turned the engine on. But later on I injected a backup FA and coded the SVT root folder and it finished without error. Before that I kept getting low battery and the car going into that batter saving mode, even when it wasn't low, then camera errors whenever I used one, even tho it worked, then chasis stability, which went away every time after restarting the car, and then the Lane Change Warning faulted every time I turned it on and reached 30mph.

I had never touched the FA even after those errors, I only did it after to see if that helped, which it did. Now I only have the camera, and Lane Change Warning giving me errors.

I just finished downloading ISTA+, what should I do now?
Coding, especially an entire vehicle, can be a taxing procedure; even on full charged new battery. There are safety protocols in place to shutdown vehicle is voltage drops below designated thresholds. Said measures can result in corrupting ECU's.

Per the Dragon's E-sys install instructions:

"*NOTE: A continuous power source of at least 12.6 Volts is needed. Failure to maintain proper voltage can lead to corruption of ECU Data. As
such, ideally the car is connected to an external charger. In lieu of using an external charger, the car can instead be coded with the engine running
in order to maintain proper voltage, which is acceptable for coding all ECU's EXCEPT the DME (Digital Motor Electronics) ECU or DDE (Digital Diesel Electronics) ECU. The DME/DDE are typically not coded anyway, so this ECU limitation is generally not an issue."

You only need to VO code the modules previously coded, rather than entire vehicle. Per the above, you can either use a PSU or jump car to another running engine if you really need to code your engine ECU.

I am still confused by the two sets of FA's. Does one mirror original vehicle order and existing hardware? You can PM me SVT and FA's so I have a better understanding.

Are you getting errors in E-sys or on vehicle instrument cluster / HU?

I am not sure from where you got ISTA+. Depending on source and files, installation is different. Once running, you run complete ID and test to diagnose and clear and errors.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2017, 11:56 AM   #5
bimmerace
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Coding, especially an entire vehicle, can be a taxing procedure; even on full charged new battery. There are safety protocols in place to shutdown vehicle is voltage drops below designated thresholds. Said measures can result in corrupting ECU's.

Per the Dragon's E-sys install instructions:

"*NOTE: A continuous power source of at least 12.6 Volts is needed. Failure to maintain proper voltage can lead to corruption of ECU Data. As
such, ideally the car is connected to an external charger. In lieu of using an external charger, the car can instead be coded with the engine running
in order to maintain proper voltage, which is acceptable for coding all ECU's EXCEPT the DME (Digital Motor Electronics) ECU or DDE (Digital Diesel Electronics) ECU. The DME/DDE are typically not coded anyway, so this ECU limitation is generally not an issue."

You only need to VO code the modules previously coded, rather than entire vehicle. Per the above, you can either use a PSU or jump car to another running engine if you really need to code your engine ECU.

I am still confused by the two sets of FA's. Does one mirror original vehicle order and existing hardware? You can PM me SVT and FA's so I have a better understanding.

Are you getting errors in E-sys or on vehicle instrument cluster / HU?

I am not sure from where you got ISTA+. Depending on source and files, installation is different. Once running, you run complete ID and test to diagnose and clear and errors.
I fortunately have another (E46, wayy easier to code), and jump cables, so I did that last night and everything coded correctly. I never touched the FA and had the car coded for months now without an issue, but when I decided to go back to stock and start over so I could do the Active High Beam Assistant (anti-glare), that's when I got all these errors. So after trying several times I tried injecting the FA I made a backup of before I ever did any coding, and that worked! I didn't get any errors when coding everything back to stock, but I just keep getting these 2 faults in the instrument cluster. Just noticed last night that when using any of the cameras, it says "Camera System" in yellow as if it were a malfunction, but it doesn't say malfunction like it did with all the other systems. It does say it with Lane Change Warning tho, and it just won't work. I'll send you the FA I'm using, it's completely stock, and the one I'd like to use for the High Beam Assistant, once I get all these fixed. (I only removed 5AP and 8S4)
Appreciate 0