F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Average time at port for MPPK install?
Extreme Powerhouse

06-05-2014, 07:12 PM   #1
BimmerQuest
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 35ix M-Sport MPPK

Average time at port for MPPK install?

My car is due in port tomorrow and I've spec'd MPPK and stainless pedals to be installed. Does anyone remember how long their car stayed at port for the MPPK install?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 09:28 PM   #2
Amati
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i GC

OP I hope you have better luck than me.

My MPPK was to be installed at the dealership:

- First attempt failed.

- Second attempt incapacitated the car completely.

- Third attempt was through BMW New Jersey and it failed as well.

- Fourth attempt was scheduled through Munich and so far they are not responding.

The car is a 2015 435i GC. Delivered Tuesday last week and after taking it home overnight it has been sitting at the dealership, dead as a door nail and getting filthy inside and out.

The dealer doesn't care, BMW doesn't care. I have paid in full and my family makes fun of me because for the same money I could've bought a Macan and stupidly I didn't.
Never again.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 05:38 AM   #3
G30 B58
Pace Car Driver
Rep
Drives: '22 AW G30 B58 M-Sport

Nice family.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 07:49 AM   #4
BimmerQuest
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 35ix M-Sport MPPK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amati View Post
OP I hope you have better luck than me.

My MPPK was to be installed at the dealership:

- First attempt failed.

- Second attempt incapacitated the car completely.

- Third attempt was through BMW New Jersey and it failed as well.

- Fourth attempt was scheduled through Munich and so far they are not responding.

The car is a 2015 435i GC. Delivered Tuesday last week and after taking it home overnight it has been sitting at the dealership, dead as a door nail and getting filthy inside and out.

The dealer doesn't care, BMW doesn't care. I have paid in full and my family makes fun of me because for the same money I could've bought a Macan and stupidly I didn't.
Never again.
Sorry to hear that...I'd be very unhappy. Mine was done at the port (one day delay max). Now that I'm past the break-in period I'm really enjoying the MPPK. BMW should make it right for you, don't let them get off easily.

And from what I understand there is no way you could have ordered a Macan to your own specs - dealers have very long wait lists. Many people just waited for their dealer's spec car due to scarcity. Don't worry - while the Macan appears to be an awesome machine, the 435 GC w/PPK will be even more fun to drive.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 09:36 AM   #5
Amati
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerQuest View Post
Sorry to hear that...I'd be very unhappy. Mine was done at the port (one day delay max). Now that I'm past the break-in period I'm really enjoying the MPPK. BMW should make it right for you, don't let them get off easily.

And from what I understand there is no way you could have ordered a Macan to your own specs - dealers have very long wait lists. Many people just waited for their dealer's spec car due to scarcity. Don't worry - while the Macan appears to be an awesome machine, the 435 GC w/PPK will be even more fun to drive.

Enjoy yours.

My own BMW sad story started about 4 months ago when I custom ordered a 435i GC. I followed the build of the car on the BMW website and it arrived at the Brunswick POE where it sat for 5 weeks not being shipped to the dealer. BMW New Jersey finally confessed to the dealer that the car had sustained damage to two doors and that they were waiting for replacement doors from Germany. It sounded like heavy damage and I refused the car.

At that point we started looking for a car on the ground that would have M Sport, M Brakes, Active Suspension and 19" staggered wheels and I bought the only car that was available with those options. Unfortunately it also had every other option offered for the 435i and so I ended up with the most expensive car in the country.

This replacement car was delivered almost 6 months after the original order date, plenty of time to get a Macan -one of the few that the local dealer had left on his allocation- ordered and delivered.

You can see why I'm sour on the BMW experience.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 04:02 PM   #6
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerQuest View Post
My car is due in port tomorrow and I've spec'd MPPK and stainless pedals to be installed. Does anyone remember how long their car stayed at port for the MPPK install?
2 days. I had that and the MPE installed. Granted neither take a long time. The biggest variable I believe are how busy they are, your queue in line, and the schedule of the transport trucks.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 09:49 PM   #7
skydiver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 f30 335i

How much did anyone pay for MPPK and MPE? I emailed my local dealer parts guy and he said for MPE installed locally it would be $1,600 including tax. I thought he had lost his mind. Is port install cheaper?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 09:56 AM   #8
Webic
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i Gran Coupe

1600 is online MSRP. My dealer tried to get me to pay 1900 because I added it after the deal was done.

Showed them the online site and told them I'd just order it myself and they met the online price.

I could have done it cheaper myself and had the dealer just update the firmware, but I just wanted it done.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 10:19 AM   #9
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
How much did anyone pay for MPPK and MPE? I emailed my local dealer parts guy and he said for MPE installed locally it would be $1,600 including tax. I thought he had lost his mind. Is port install cheaper?
Go to getbmwparts.com and look up the pricing there. That's how much I got mine for. It also helped that the dealership I ordered my car from just so happens to run that site.
Appreciate 0