F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Alloys damaged again . POTHOLES !!!
proTUNING Freaks

11-24-2012, 06:12 PM   #23
F30FAN
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isow View Post
True ! I'd have to prove that the alloy wasn't scuffed before I hit the pothole !
I could , for example kerb the alloy, drive around looking for a pothole, take photo and then contact the Council saying I damaged the alloy in one of their potholes .
Plenty of people commit fraud, I doubt whether the council would cough up £100 for everyone who claims that they have a scuff on an alloy from one of the potholes.
Am I wrong in my thinking on this ?
ISOW your not wrong in saying this.

However the FACT remains your alloy was damaged by a pothole and as a result you will now be out of pocket. How you make good is up to you. The process is clear. I also agree for the sake of £100 it might not be worth all the hassle.

I suppose the moral of the story is if your in this situation again (it does seem you live in quite a 'Pottled' area ) keep a camera (or use your camera phone) and at the time of incident collate the evidence. You as a road user pay your contribution to the highways in many ways so it is only fair..

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781108
Appreciate 0