F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > Took delivery of new Glacier Silver M-Sport 335i today (Pics)
Extreme Powerhouse

04-05-2013, 05:08 PM   #23
finaloption
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 f30 n26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.8 E70 View Post
Congrats....NBT navigation ?
pretty sure NBT Nav starts for US in MY2014
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 11:05 PM   #24
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by am4tl View Post
M sport steering looking great !
Thanks. BMW really did a great job designing that one. An almost identical version has found its way into the M6. I think new M5s will be fit with it as well. Definitely has a nice feel to it for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsbuc View Post
GS/CR. What a beautiful color combo. Enjoy that sweet ride!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes335XI View Post
Looks really nice, I love the color combo. Congrats!
Thanks for the kind words gents. To my surprise, this car has drawn much more attention that my recently departed EBII/Black M-Sport 335i.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw30 View Post
How are you liking the red interior? I'm sold on glacier silver but not yet the coral...
I absolutely love it. It is really hard to capture the true tone in photographs. Sometimes it has the tendency to look orange but in real life, there is absolutely no orange whatsoever. I did an embarrassingly poor job of shooting it with my iPhone 4. It's not too bright/orange-ish . . . not too dull/clay-colored either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eginorbi View Post
Any progress on installing the additional M performance parts and getting the photos posted here? ;-)
The carbon fiber rear spoiler just arrived today. The matte black spoiler was accidentally ordered the first go around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejholt View Post
Nice color combo!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmerkid View Post
this was going to be my second choice. love the combo!!
Haha it ended up being my second choice. As I stated above, my old F30 335i M-Sport was EBII over Black Dakota. After having a LeMans Blue E90 M-Sport 335i, I just needed to step away from blue for a little while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan9095 View Post
Just gorgeous! Congratulations!
Appreciate it my friend! Thanks for looking.
Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 11:15 PM   #25
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)

I'm starting to visit your thread quite a bit! LOL

I can't believe how much I'm liking GS now. I never thought I'd like this colour but ur car looks outstanding.

Two colours that are underrated quite a bit are MR and GS. I will consider both these colours the next time I buy my car. Maybe even look into an IB M Sport too.

But for now, the GS is a hands down winner for me. Too many EBII supporters out there...
      04-05-2013, 11:26 PM   #26
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post
I'm starting to visit your thread quite a bit! LOL

I can't believe how much I'm liking GS now. I never thought I'd like this colour but ur car looks outstanding.

Two colours that are underrated quite a bit are MR and GS. I will consider both these colours the next time I buy my car. Maybe even look into an IB M Sport too.

But for now, the GS is a hands down winner for me. Too many EBII supporters out there...
Haha well I certainly appreciate your interest and thoughtful feedback sir!

I really did enjoy my EBII F30. It looked stunning when all cleaned up on a sunny day. Looked great in the rain on an overcast day as well. However, like you said, EBII ended up being a wildly popular choice for those going the M-Sport route . . . and rightfully so.

And I agree, Melbourne Red is gorgeous on the F30 Sport Line and M-Sport Line models. With my heavy right foot . . . it would have been a dangerous proposition for me heh.

I saw a Mineral Gray F30 328i M-Sport the other day and thought it looked outstanding as well.

I was torn between Alpine White (an absolutely classy/classic BMW color) over Coral Red and Glacier Silver over Red. Brandon@eas kept taunting me with pictures of his Glacier Silver M-Sport and that is what nudged me in the GS direction.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2013, 07:40 AM   #27
mdsbuc
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i M Sport-'12MustGT 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
Haha well I certainly appreciate your interest and thoughtful feedback sir!

I really did enjoy my EBII F30. It looked stunning when all cleaned up on a sunny day. Looked great in the rain on an overcast day as well. However, like you said, EBII ended up being a wildly popular choice for those going the M-Sport route . . . and rightfully so.

And I agree, Melbourne Red is gorgeous on the F30 Sport Line and M-Sport Line models. With my heavy right foot . . . it would have been a dangerous proposition for me heh.

I saw a Mineral Gray F30 328i M-Sport the other day and thought it looked outstanding as well.

I was torn between Alpine White (an absolutely classy/classic BMW color) over Coral Red and Glacier Silver over Red. Brandon@eas kept taunting me with pictures of his Glacier Silver M-Sport and that is what nudged me in the GS direction.
The truth is that BMW is now offering a wide array of beautiful colors for our F30s. Almost every color combination I've seen posted on the forum has been stellar. I only wish that BMW would allow us a more freedom matching interiors with these gorgeous exterior colors, instead of limiting us by "Line" restrictions. Also I'd like to see even more interior choices available. Although I really like the Saddle Brown, I loved the Auburn interior I had in my E60, and think it would have been fabulous matched up with EBII, Imperial Blue, Mineral Gray and more.

2013 335i M Sport- EBII / BLACK / Dk Walnut /Packages- Prem / DHP / Tech / Driver Assist / DA Plus Options- 8 Sprt AT / Htd FS / HK / Hi Bm Asst /403 19" w/perf tyres

Ordered: 12/15/12, ED Delivery Date: 04/23/13
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 05:44 PM   #28
///Marko
Second Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: X3 35d lci

Quote:
Brandon@eas kept taunting me with pictures of his Glacier Silver M-Sport and that is what nudged me in the GS direction.
Me too, but I am torn between alcantara interior with black accent stripe over coral red...

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 09:57 PM   #29
TN_3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Garage List
You have first hand experience with both of the color combos that are keeping me up at night...I have EBII/Black on order, but GS/Coral is making it very hard to put the issue to rest. I'm coming from a Space Gray/Coral 135i, so I wanted to mix it up with the EBII, but my mind (and this board) will not let me stop thinking about the GS. I've contemplated the EBII/Coral, but just don't think I could do it...a little too loud.

2020 X5 M50i G05 l MW l BLACK l PREM l DHP l 22” l PARK l EXT S-LINE l LASER l TH l AG
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 11:59 PM   #30
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakis View Post
Me too, but I am torn between alcantara interior with black accent stripe over coral red...

The alcantara interior is gorgeous. Also, in a world dominated by leather interiors, it is definitely unique. Another benefit of the alcantara interior is that it will stay cooler in the summer than leather.

However, my biggest concern would be durability. I imagine that the alcantara does not wear very well over time (especially if exposed to a lot of rain, snow, etc.).

FWIW, I absolute love my Coral Red/Black interior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN_3 View Post
You have first hand experience with both of the color combos that are keeping me up at night...I have EBII/Black on order, but GS/Coral is making it very hard to put the issue to rest. I'm coming from a Space Gray/Coral 135i, so I wanted to mix it up with the EBII, but my mind (and this board) will not let me stop thinking about the GS. I've contemplated the EBII/Coral, but just don't think I could do it...a little too loud.
You are facing the same dilemma that I was my friend.

You cannot go wrong with either combination. Both EBII and GS look stunning on the F30.

Regarding the interior:

The all black interior is very classy but it is also somewhat monotonous. I like the two-tone look that the Coral Red option provides with the black seat backs and black carpeting/floor mats (the black stitching and piping on the seats is a really nice touch, too). Black is classy and conservative whereas Coral Red is sporty and somewhat more aggressive. I believe that the Coral Red interior suits the M Sport Line quite well.

Regarding the exterior:

I loved the EBII exterior on my last car. It definitely stands out and shines on the road against the sea of black, white, silver, red, and darker blue cars. What is also cool about EBII is that the color appears differently in various lighting conditions.

As much as I enjoyed EBII, Glacier Silver is my favorite. It is very easy to keep clean. It has a very "classic BMW" look to it. Furthermore, GS makes the M Sport Line's aggressive features "pop" and stand out more. To my surprise, my GS F30 M Sport 335i has attracted way more attention and received many more compliments than my old EBII F30 M Sport 335i.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any further questions. Good luck with your selection!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 08:48 AM   #31
///Marko
Second Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: X3 35d lci

Quote:
The alcantara interior is gorgeous. Also, in a world dominated by leather interiors, it is definitely unique. Another benefit of the alcantara interior is that it will stay cooler in the summer than leather.

However, my biggest concern would be durability. I imagine that the alcantara does not wear very well over time (especially if exposed to a lot of rain, snow, etc.).

FWIW, I absolute love my Coral Red/Black interior.
The durability of alcantara is very good. My previous 3er was AW with alcantara and after 3 years of use it was like new. We have one little child at that time (now we have two) and surprisingly alcantara was pretty easy to keep clean. With GS/alcantara combo, M-sport brakes are must.

GS for exterior is for sure but for change it would be nice to add coral red interior. I`ve seen F30 GS/CR pictures and I think that combo will suit very well with the F31 touring too. The additional cost of coral red is 2600 euros and then IŽll drop the M-sport brakes from order. This will saved me 1000 euros. Hard decision.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 09:18 AM   #32
R12ax7
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 340xi

Garage List
2011 328i  [0.00]
After reading this thread I am definitely happy I went with the GS. I chickened out on the coral red (back seat just felt like a little too much), I will however miss the chestnut I have now (and the terra before that). Cant wait to see the front lip

Retired:
2018 330xi | 2016 340i 6MT | 2013 335i 6MT |
2011 328i 6MT (N52) | 2008 335xi (N54)
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 04:09 PM   #33
MIAMI-M3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 aw m3

The silver looks GREAT. Congrats.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 06:01 PM   #34
schnell13
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport

Very cool!

I'm glad to hear that you like the side skirt vinyl. Getting those next week along with an oil change (Triniti's first) and painted lip and skirts. They're leaving the air intake attachments black, though, to tie the whole look together. And jw30, you'll fall in love with the coral. If you're going with the M-Sport or Sportline and want something different, go with the coral. Honestly, I get more compliments on the interior than just about anything else on the car.
Individual Order 2013 335i M-Sport through BMW Military Sales / Mineral Grey / Coral Red / 4MR / ZMM / ZPP / ZTP / ZDH / 2TB / 494 / 688 / ///M Performance / ///M5 Blue Brakes / K&N / aFe / H&R / Turner Motorsports / SportLine Wheels / Details, details, details...
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 10:51 PM   #35
jw30
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Love it

I haven't seen the GS around much at all especially with the msport package. Your car looks great. Congrats!

I'm ordering the same but probably doing black seats. I'd do the coral if it was MG it black but it just did many seen right with silver. Did you have any hesitations or did you see it in person?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 11:01 PM   #36
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw30 View Post
I haven't seen the GS around much at all especially with the msport package. Your car looks great. Congrats!

I'm ordering the same but probably doing black seats. I'd do the coral if it was MG it black but it just did many seen right with silver. Did you have any hesitations or did you see it in person?
Thank you for the kind words, jw30. Appreciate it.

I went with the Coral Red sight unseen. I can tell you this, and others with Coral Red can attest to this, Coral Red looks much, much better in person than it does in photographs. It is a very hard color to capture accurately via photograph.

I like the Glacier Silver/Coral Red combo because there is a significant amount of contrast. To me, the more "flashy" and "sporty" Coral Red interior balances out the more conservative Glacier Silver exterior.

As I mentioned previously, I like the two-tone scheme that Coral Red ultimately provides. With the M Sport Line, you get the perfect combination of black stitching and black piping on the seats (including the rear seats), together with black carpeting, seat backs, and dash materials. My Coral Red/Black interior is unquestionably more visually interesting (without being too brash or busy) than my previous all black interior (which I think could have benefited from some blue stitching and piping, similar to the black alcantara interior).
Appreciate 0