F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Coral Red or not?
proTUNING Freaks

07-12-2014, 06:11 AM   #67
Monkey Punk
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jummo View Post
Actually, Coral Red and wood works just fine with a stick as well.

Get it? Stick, wood. Almost as funny as your quip.

Truthfully, I was reluctant to get red. But the black was just too boring and dull, I've had 2 beige interiors. My preference probably would have been Saddle Brown, but I needed m-Sport and the outgoing 335 was Saddle.

Now that I've had the car a week, I must say I like the red, the inside of the car is quite stunning.

jummo
Jummo- What are your thoughts on the Gran Coupe? That picture you posted looks like a GC interior, but I didnt think the GC came in manual.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2014, 06:46 PM   #68
jummo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3CX 2023 x1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey says... View Post
Jummo- What are your thoughts on the Gran Coupe? That picture you posted looks like a GC interior, but I didnt think the GC came in manual.
My car is a Glacier Silver 435xi with m-Sport, cwp, HK, nav and the afore mentioned Coral Red leather.

The Gran Coupe is very good looking, they had 2 at the dealer when I picked up my car. My last two e90 335's were sedans so I went coupe to mix it up.

Plus, I think the 435 is the best looking car in the BMW line right now.

Thanks for caring about my opinion although you should know that jummo is not capitalized because I'm not that important.

jummo
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2014, 08:02 PM   #69
Monkey Punk
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jummo View Post
My car is a Glacier Silver 435xi with m-Sport, cwp, HK, nav and the afore mentioned Coral Red leather.

The Gran Coupe is very good looking, they had 2 at the dealer when I picked up my car. My last two e90 335's were sedans so I went coupe to mix it up.

Plus, I think the 435 is the best looking car in the BMW line right now.

Thanks for caring about my opinion although you should know that jummo is not capitalized because I'm not that important.

jummo
Thanks! Duh on my part....thanks for the clarification.....not a GC, got it.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2014, 09:45 PM   #70
beto_L.A.
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330i

Coral red IMO looks great this will be my 4th BMW:
E46 '04 Gray with black leather
E90 '09 Space Gray Saddle brown
F25 '12 Jet black chestnut brown
On order
F36 '15 GC Mineral Grey Coral Red
It wasn't a difficult decision I didn't want another black interior, and as I said IMO Red leather looks great.
Good luck choosing the right combination.
      07-12-2014, 11:28 PM   #71
Monkey Punk
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beto_L.A. View Post
On order
It wasn't a difficult decision I didn't want another black interior, and as I said IMO Red leather looks great.
Thanks. I changed my order to a gran coupe....carbon black exterior, but still undecided on the interior.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2014, 01:53 AM   #72
Blubaron79
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

My girl said coral would be awful. After I got it she fell in love with it. Just get it.

Previous: '18 340i xDrive; '15 335 xDrive; '14 435i xDrive; '09 335 E92 xDrive
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2014, 02:07 AM   #73
mdss6
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 (ZCP M-DCT) on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lPandaBearl View Post
thats gorgeous, but anyone with the newer red coral interior where the dash is all red as well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattu View Post
It's tough to represent Coral accurately in photos...Any overexposure makes it look a lot brighter/flashier than it actually is. I have MG over Coral and am very happy with Coral...everyone who's seen it complements the color as well. I would not want the red under-dash area though, so if leather dash was required to get that part black I'd do it...but I'd probably order leather dash regardless.
Hi. I endorse the comments that is notably difficult to photograph accurately.

Aesthetics are of course up to the eye of the beholder, but I prefer the lower dash to be a contrasting lighter color to the black top. If the whole thing can be leather for something less than $5K, so much the better.

Again, eye of the beholder caveat, but I think the lighter brighter aluminum trim looks much better in an otherwise dark interior than do the dark woods. Obviously others disagree. I thought the coupe with the CR and aluminum interior looked awesome, the convertible with CR, piano black and matte red, not so much. Cheers
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2014, 02:23 AM   #74
beto_L.A.
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey says...
Quote:
Originally Posted by beto_L.A. View Post
On order
Thanks. I changed my order to a gran coupe....carbon black exterior, but still undecided on the interior.
Carbon Black looks great, it has a tint of blue... Whatever you choose it will match perfect..
Cheers!!!
      07-13-2014, 08:08 AM   #75
riimiX
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive Coupe

I had the same reservations about the red dash.. but you need to remember that you're sitting in the car driving so it still doesn't overpower you like you would expect. I get nothing but compliments and the coral red interior will make you feel like you're in a 100K+ car, it feels THAT luxurious
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-18-2014, 12:33 PM   #76
Slmarcus
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F30 340i xDrive 6MT AW/CR

Quote:
I would love to see it when you get it.
As promised here are a few pics of my MG/CR F33. ED in progress. Will post more when I can but have a little downtime tonight! The color is truly stunning in person.

Past: '14 i01 i3 BEV Tera Capparis White
Current: '17 F30 340i xDrive 6MT AW/CR
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2014, 07:07 PM   #77
Monkey Punk
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmarkymark View Post
As promised here are a few pics of my MG/CR F33. ED in progress. Will post more when I can but have a little downtime tonight! The color is truly stunning in person.

slmarkymark, great ride. I love the location as well. How are you finding the road noise with the vert? Congratulations....I bet a lot of hard work went into affording that!

Edit: Oh, by the way....you must be having a great time with that European Delivery....wow, great views. Enjoy to the fullest! Even rocking the GoPro!

Last edited by Monkey Punk; 07-18-2014 at 07:09 PM.. Reason: Just noticed "ED"
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2014, 12:30 AM   #78
hawkerdriver
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Red is beautiful, however it does make a statement.
If it's a car you will take out with clients, it might be a little loud for the usual American.
Order it with the leather dash and it becomes understated, as the dash will be black.

I ordered it the way it comes. Sapphire Black with Coral Red
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2014, 02:01 AM   #79
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Get the red!!! You will not regret it and even your wife will be pleased when all is said and done.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2014, 06:04 AM   #80
ohgodwhy
Rep
Drives: BMW 420d MSport

I have a feeling that it might hurt your resell value a little but other than that it seems nice enough.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2014, 09:04 AM   #81
NOBLE MOTORCARS
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 F32 435i (ON A BOAT)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgodwhy View Post
I have a feeling that it might hurt your resell value a little but other than that it seems nice enough.
I highly doubt it, I knew alot of people that wanted the e9x with red interior or would trade their black interior for red.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2014, 11:16 AM   #82
ohgodwhy
Rep
Drives: BMW 420d MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by lPandaBearl View Post
I highly doubt it, I knew alot of people that wanted the e9x with red interior or would trade their black interior for red.
Maybe, it's just that I went to a used car dealership and the guy said "But it does have red interior" in a kind of detracting way.

Nobody minds black but red is sure to split minds.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2014, 08:55 PM   #83
Tony M
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 428i Coupe

I have Coral Red with Mineral Grey and love the red interior, including the lower dash. In fact, the availability of something other than the boring old black or impractical beige helped sway me to the BMW. ( I was considering various options including Lexus and Audi).

I admit the lower dash would be nicer if it was leather covered instead of color-keyed plastic, but I wouldn't want to change it from red. The Dakota leather is fairly firm and plasticky in any case, but at least it's easy-care and hopefully durable.

Our local dealers order most cars with the black interior, supposedly for resale value. So, the few CR cars that arrive here are mostly special orders. Now, if (say) only 40% really like CR and only 20% of the available cars are CR, then it will be in twice as much demand as the black when it comes to resale, at least relative to the number of available cars.

So, I see it as an asset, not a liability. In any case, I bought the car I liked, not trying to second-guess someone who might buy it in the future.

BTW, I suggest you don't discount CR without seeing it in person. It really is more of a dull, brick red than it appears in photos. The pics seem to make it look much more vibrant and confronting.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2014, 10:09 PM   #84
Monkey Punk
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony M View Post
I have Coral Red with Mineral Grey and love the red interior, including the lower dash. In fact, the availability of something other than the boring old black or impractical beige helped sway me to the BMW. ( I was considering various options including Lexus and Audi).

I admit the lower dash would be nicer if it was leather covered instead of color-keyed plastic, but I wouldn't want to change it from red. The Dakota leather is fairly firm and plasticky in any case, but at least it's easy-care and hopefully durable.

Our local dealers order most cars with the black interior, supposedly for resale value. So, the few CR cars that arrive here are mostly special orders. Now, if (say) only 40% really like CR and only 20% of the available cars are CR, then it will be in twice as much demand as the black when it comes to resale, at least relative to the number of available cars.

So, I see it as an asset, not a liability. In any case, I bought the car I liked, not trying to second-guess someone who might buy it in the future.

BTW, I suggest you don't discount CR without seeing it in person. It really is more of a dull, brick red than it appears in photos. The pics seem to make it look much more vibrant and confronting.
Very nice!
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2014, 09:10 AM   #85
karupspc
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Coral Red. Current driving a 2011 328i xDrive coupe Space Grey exterior with Coral Red interior. Got more compliments on the interior color than the actual car. My lease is up next month getting a 428i xDrive GC with Mineral Gray and Coral Red interior.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 11:47 AM   #86
djjasper
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i 6MT

I just wandered over here from the E90 side since my E92 is in the shop and I have an F30 loaner which I have had for a week now. I miss my coral red interior more than anything else. I am almost 3 years into ownership and and love my interior each day more than the last. CORAL RED. Enough said.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2014, 03:19 AM   #87
MD335
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 M-Sport (MY14)

How does your CR leather feel? Is it soft and supple, or a more drier and courser texture? And do all the panels on the different seats feel the same?

The back and sides of my front seats feel nice and soft and have a deep red colour, but the surfaces that contact your body feel drier and develop a more pale/greyish appearance. It has been like this since I picked the car up brand new in November '13.

Are the different sections of the seat made from different leather, or does this sound like some kind of fault? Or possibly just in need of a good soaking of conditioner? I currently apply the BMW seat conditioner that I was given after the dealership applied it.

And lastly, is there a difference to feel between CR and Black leather? The ones I've felt in dealerships have felt much nicer.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2014, 03:54 AM   #88
Tony M
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 428i Coupe

I haven't been able to pick any difference in the color and texture of the leather on various parts of the seats. None of it seems soft and supple to me. Can you show what you mean with a pic or two?

It's all "Dakota" leather, which is highly processed and the surface is essentially sealed. Re cleaning etc, I regard it as plastic and I wouldn't bother using leather conditioners on plastic.

Good old 303 UV protectant is probably as good as anything for most interior surfaces apart from carpet and other textiles anyway and it gives a hint of a "glow" - not a shine.

I doubt if there are any significant differences between black and red leather other than the color of the dye used. The quality looks the same to me.

Although better quality leather would be much nicer to live with, it would require a lot more care than the stuff we have does to maintain it's appearance. And the very finest leathers just wouldn't be practical for a car interior unless you were very careful and still willing to accept some inevitable signs of aging. That's what real leather is like - our "dakota" is a sort of leather/plastic hybrid.

I guess the relatively good durability might be some consolation.
Appreciate 0