F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Plug and Play Amp upgrade for Base Audio system
proTUNING Freaks

04-27-2024, 04:18 PM   #133
NealfromNZ
Lieutenant
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

BimmerCode have a quick config to change coding from Base Audio or Base audio using ASD.

You can also code to Harman Kardon profile under expert mode and still run analogue setup without enabling MOST fibre.

Base audio/ base audio ASD to hifi

Note , BimmerCode will not code a idrive unit that’s been retro- coded for CarPlay unless it’s Idrive 6 and uses BMW enabled CarPlay codes.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Billfitz8283.00
      05-07-2024, 01:18 PM   #134
eliteimporter
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 320D

Hi guys I need help I installed this last weekend and everything is working but ive got an issue where I can’t store the time or date on my drive, has anyone else had this at all?

Also did you connect the earth wire I read it as I didn’t need to as one using the iso connector
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2024, 06:39 PM   #135
Zinny
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d (2012, F30)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteimporter View Post
Hi guys I need help I installed this last weekend and everything is working but ive got an issue where I can’t store the time or date on my drive, has anyone else had this at all?

Also did you connect the earth wire I read it as I didn’t need to as one using the iso connector
You need to transfer over the MOST connector.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2024, 09:42 AM   #136
Zinny
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d (2012, F30)

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odaxxi View Post
I haven’t yet purchased the amp solely because I’m not sure if it’ll work! I mean I’m sure there’s a way, I’m just not smart enough to figure it out.
Let us know if you’re able to make it work, it seems there’s a few of us in the same situation
Odaxxi I bit the bullet and bought the Vibe Amp, I'm happy to say it works flawlessly with the MMI; it hijacks the same quadlock connector so you can just daisy chain them.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 12:46 PM   #137
RosemaryCarterp
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveyvtec View Post
Hi all, this isn’t a question, more a very simple solution I have found that I’d like to share and hopefully make someone’s life a little easier and their crap base audio system sound a little better.

Firstly, I’m not affiliated with Vibe. I’m just a guy with an F30 that has base audio and got to the stage where I wouldn’t listen to music because the sound system was crap.

I’ve seen a lot of threads in a lot of different forums talking about what upgrade can you do and what coding and wiring do they need to do so. I’ve researched the hell out of this so here’s my two cents for you all.

I just bought a Vibe Powerbox 65.4M with BMW T harness. It took about 25 minutes to fit. I had to remove the head unit so that meant removing some trim which was really only 6 torx head T15 (vids on YouTube of course). It came with clear and concise instructions so your technical level doesn’t need to be that high to hook it up. I placed the amp under the glove box between the underside of the glove box and the removable panel. It fit like a dream and no visible wires with enough room for it to breath.
Speed Test
I used BimmerCode to change my head unit EQ range to HiFi

As someone who’s always had good sound systems and was horrified by the quality of the base audio system, I can tell you that this upgrade is the best €210 I’ve spent. It powers the 4 door speakers and the two sub ls with no extra wiring.

Running the stock speakers, the difference is nuts. Although if you push them hard enough, they will crackle. I had to fine tune with gain on the amp for front and rear and mess with some settings on my Apple Music EQ but after that it’s just a matter of adjusting your bass and volume settings through your idrive sound options depending on what you listen to.

All in all this was a very simple and effective upgrade to a very lacklustre sound system. I’d recommend it to anyone and I hope this post does someone some good.
There are not that many discussions about base audio upgrades on the forum (probably because this is not an available config in USCAN, good for them!)

Last edited by RosemaryCarterp; Yesterday at 01:06 PM..
Appreciate 0