F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Anyone tested MPPK + pure turbo stage 1
proTUNING Freaks

10-14-2014, 06:27 PM   #1
M4_MLT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Anyone tested MPPK + pure turbo stage 1

Has anyone tested MPPK + a pure turbo stage 1 ?

If yes what gains are there ?

2018 Audi RS3 ? on the way
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2014, 07:35 PM   #2
M-terkait
Major
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: F30 335i 3/13

yes i ran it but never went on dyno with a pure turbo yet!
      10-15-2014, 12:44 AM   #3
M4_MLT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

But did you feel it more powerfull ?

Thanks

2018 Audi RS3 ? on the way
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 12:55 AM   #4
Krelle
Captain
Denmark
Rep
Drives: M2C

Nobody has this constallation b/c you need a tune, JB4 or LEIB to get max out of it.
You need the whole package to see the gains. Then you'll gain 30-40hp on top.

Tuning is about getting a lot of things to play max. together. You cannot expect every item to play its part alone.
If you don't have the patience to wait for huge gains you should get all the car desires in one go.
nobody has broken the ECU incription thus only BMW knows how the boost pressure is set in the top rev range.
And nobody has mppk and pure tc as their only tune.
I will do the dyno, Pure, airfilter, Akro-exhaust,mppk when mounted just for fun and if there are gains I'll do the same with mppk exchanged with a piggy.
/Krelle
      10-15-2014, 06:27 AM   #5
M-terkait
Major
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: F30 335i 3/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 435i_MLT View Post
But did you feel it more powerfull ?

Thanks
if there is its hard to notice because ECU is going to target same boost,
say 9psi or 10psi and the stock turbo can hold this anyways so it won't make any difference although you can't miss the difference when using map6(custom)
      10-16-2014, 01:59 AM   #6
PeterPure
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

Garage List
2017 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
Indeed with jb4 tune you will see the difference.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 02:33 AM   #7
Krelle
Captain
Denmark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhold View Post
Knowing you have done a lot of testing ref. the Pure tc, (ref E9x..) what is your max achied hp crank or whp-wise with your setup, but on Vpower or Ron 98 euro/93us? Did I see max 14,5psi in the mid range?

Have though about whether Leib might be able to take it higher with ref. to afr, or not?

I need to get the max. out of the engine, but doesn't see the the coming stg 2 from Pure will take me further than stg 1 due to the afr, (on pump gas only).
Have you heard of any n55 with a set up/solution which allows higher output?
/Krelle
      10-16-2014, 08:31 AM   #8
FFM
PLEB R8
Rep
Drives: B9 SQ5 | R8 V8 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-terkait View Post
if there is its hard to notice because ECU is going to target same boost,
say 9psi or 10psi and the stock turbo can hold this anyways so it won't make any difference.
Although that may be true, depending on the specs of that turbo, it can still be substantially different than stock.
      10-16-2014, 08:42 AM   #9
Krelle
Captain
Denmark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceFed Motorsports View Post
Although that may be true, depending on the specs of that turbo, it can still be substantially different than stock.
Don't you think he knows?
He must have tried running the JB4 in off mode with, and without the Pure tc installed.
/Krelle
      10-16-2014, 11:59 AM   #10
FFM
PLEB R8
Rep

I would assume so, but he made it sound like boost pressure defines power. Which is not the case. I assume these aftermarket turbo's likely flow a greater volume of air, thus, 9 psi stock from one to the other could have substantial gains given you have the abilities to compensate fueling. To an extent I would imagine the stock ECU would attempt to do so, obviously however an actual tune would yield more power. Power delivery alone I could see being very different and noticeable. Will have to google that turbo.
      10-16-2014, 12:03 PM   #11
FFM
PLEB R8
Rep

Never mind, it's a wheel and some slight housing modifications. Looks like even at it's peak gains you would only see maybe 40+whp, so likely a straight swap on stock map wouldn't even be detectable except for maybe a quicker and smoother power delivery.

Carry on haha.
      10-16-2014, 01:51 PM   #12
Krelle
Captain
Denmark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceFed Motorsports View Post
Never mind, it's a wheel and some slight housing modifications. Looks like even at it's peak gains you would only see maybe 40+whp, so likely a straight swap on stock map wouldn't even be detectable except for maybe a quicker and smoother power delivery.

Carry on haha.
      10-17-2014, 07:15 AM   #13
PeterPure
Major
Belgium
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krelle
Quote:
Knowing you have done a lot of testing ref. the Pure tc, (ref E9x..) what is your max achied hp crank or whp-wise with your setup, but on Vpower or Ron 98 euro/93us? Did I see max 14,5psi in the mid range?

Have though about whether Leib might be able to take it higher with ref. to afr, or not?

I need to get the max. out of the engine, but doesn't see the the coming stg 2 from Pure will take me further than stg 1 due to the afr, (on pump gas only).
Have you heard of any n55 with a set up/solution which allows higher output?
/Krelle
I have gotten around 428 crank hp from pure turbo on a flat 15 psi over the whole rpm range. You can run 14/15 psi on euro 98 if its good quality. You can run 20 psi midrange to get around 40 hp more in mid range. It will taper to 17.5 psi at 6k rpm or 16.5 at 6.5k rpm. The car made 448 crank hp running this max boost setup.

For reference stock turbo running jb4 map3 with meth made 381 crank hp on my car. So i think the pure stage1 is a nice upgrade.

The stage2 will be more efficient at same boost levels so it will give more power there. But i guess best is to have real ecu tune as base tuning and you could add jb4 on top of that if running meth or ethanol content mixes.

I will let you know how it performs once i have it on the car

Leib asked 3.5k euro to do custom map for my car. I think its too expensive. So i wait a bit they can soon ecu map f series as well in belgium at cheaper price.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2014, 10:39 AM   #14
Krelle
Captain
Denmark
Rep

Quote:
I have gotten around 428 crank hp from pure turbo on a flat 15 psi over the whole rpm range. You can run 14/15 psi on euro 98 if its good quality. You can run 20 psi midrange to get around 40 hp more in mid range. It will taper to 17.5 psi at 6k rpm or 16.5 at 6.5k rpm. The car made 448 crank hp running this max boost setup.

For reference stock turbo running jb4 map3 with meth made 381 crank hp on my car. So i think the pure stage1 is a nice upgrade.

The stage2 will be more efficient at same boost levels so it will give more power there. But i guess best is to have real ecu tune as base tuning and you could add jb4 on top of that if running meth or ethanol content mixes.

Leib asked 3.5k euro to do custom map for my car. I think its too expensive. So i wait a bit they can soon ecu map f series as well in belgium at cheaper price.
Thanks! Impressive numbers
Don't think the stg 2 (max hp wise top end) will be better than stg 1 if I only use pump gas.

I definitely need the Pure, but I can't figure out which of the two it'll be. Perhaps if I could find a meth tank which fit in the engine compartment??

I cannot get the E100 to mix as you do.. Would have been nice though. Wonder where you get yours, as they might have dealers a little north ?

Leib is totally out of their mind charging 3,5k€ for for a costum map!!

Have you any idea what to do, in order to get higher than 14-15psi on pump. -Except for lowering compression..?
/Krelle
      10-17-2014, 03:50 PM   #15
PeterPure
Major
Belgium
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks! Impressive numbers
Don't think the stg 2 (max hp wise top end) will be better than stg 1 if I only use pump gas.

I definitely need the Pure, but I can't figure out which of the two it'll be. Perhaps if I could find a meth tank which fit in the engine compartment??

I cannot get the E100 to mix as you do.. Would have been nice though. Wonder where you get yours, as they might have dealers a little north ?

Leib is totally out of their mind charging 3,5k for for a costum map!!

Have you any idea what to do, in order to get higher than 14-15psi on pump. -Except for lowering compression..?
/Krelle
You can order bio ethanol online from holland or germany to get higher octane?

I get my ethanol from a local chemist over here. Methanol you can get in paintshops and construction shops.

If you want more power on just pump gas you could get the new motiv single turbo upgrade though. It will be far more efficient at same psi but its also far more expensive at 7k $ and import tax.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2014, 04:07 PM   #16
Krelle
Captain
Denmark
Rep

Quote:

I get my ethanol from a local chemist over here. Methanol you can get in paintshops and construction shops.

If you want more power on just pump gas you could get the new motiv single turbo upgrade though. It will be far more efficient at same psi but its also far more expensive at 7k $ and import tax.
Thanks. Will look into e100 from germany.

Found 99,9% Race Methanol. I just need to find a tank which fit our engine bay. How much meth is used pr. km in average? (your set up).

Motiv is nice, but when it's at my doorstep it's at 9,1 K$ incl. Toll and tax. (Which we pay on the freight as well......).
If the market is up fast I could consider this though. Will dig into total cost, tune, max. gain etc.
      10-17-2014, 04:11 PM   #17
PeterPure
Major
Belgium
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks. Will look into e100 from germany.

Found 99,9% Race Methanol. I just need to find a tank which fit our engine bay. How much meth is used pr. km in average? (your set up).

Motiv is nice, but when it's at my doorstep it's at 9,1 K$ incl. Toll and tax. (Which we pay on the freight as well......).
If the market is up fast I could consider this though. Will dig into total cost, tune, max. gain etc.
Meth usage depends on nozzle you use and how much you drive full throttle. But a single cm10 nozzle gives you 10 to 12 minutes of full throttle if using a 2.3 gallon tank (what i have in trunk). I am currently running dual cm7 cm5 nozzles which consume a bit more than single cm10.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2014, 10:43 AM   #18
Krelle
Captain
Denmark
Rep

Quote:
Meth usage depends on nozzle you use and how much you drive full throttle. But a single cm10 nozzle gives you 10 to 12 minutes of full throttle if using a 2.3 gallon tank (what i have in trunk). I am currently running dual cm7 cm5 nozzles which consume a bit more than single cm10.
I Looked a little into Motiv.. Their kit is only for N54, even though it say's N5x, but this must be b/c cobb is involved?
Perhaps it'll come. Do you have better information since you mentioned the guy's?

Q: is your meth activated by the throttle position via JB4, and is it adjustable?

Have you routed the hose from the meth tk inside the car or under? What side is the easiest accessable?
      10-18-2014, 12:32 PM   #19
ShlemonboostedM
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i F30

I'm fbo with pure stage 1 on 93oct and even at same boost levels 14.5psi theirs deff gains .. I'll say it pulls harder on top end with pure at 14.5psi then on stocker on e85 at 17psi ..
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2014, 02:25 PM   #20
PeterPure
Major
Belgium
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
I Looked a little into Motiv.. Their kit is only for N54, even though it say's N5x, but this must be b/c cobb is involved?
Perhaps it'll come. Do you have better information since you mentioned the guy's?

Q: is your meth activated by the throttle position via JB4, and is it adjustable?

Have you routed the hose from the meth tk inside the car or under? What side is the easiest accessable?
Well they said they make a manifold for n55 this year still. So it will be out soon but for sure you need a backend flash for it.

My meth lines are routed in the interior of the car like shown in the bms install guide. I dont like it under the car as i guess animals or road debris could damage it. Its a uninterrupted line from trunk tank to motorcompartment so no leaks possible.

As for activating with jb4 you can trigger on certain boost and/or rpm level.

But for the $$$ pure turbo is good performance and really makes a difference.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2014, 02:57 AM   #21
Krelle
Captain
Denmark
Rep

Quote:
Well they said they make a manifold for n55 this year still. So it will be out soon but for sure you need a backend flash for it.

My meth lines are routed in the interior of the car like shown in the bms install guide. I dont like it under the car as i guess animals or road debris could damage it. Its a uninterrupted line from trunk tank to motorcompartment so no leaks possible.

As for activating with jb4 you can trigger on certain boost and/or rpm level.

But for the $$$ pure turbo is good performance and really makes a difference.
Thanks. I'll probably, well 100% sure, go with the Pure. Jesse offers very good service. Just need to decide which stage..
Motiv + flash ends up in almost 10k€ in parts only. I'll buy the M3 instead then.
      10-19-2014, 04:20 AM   #22
PeterPure
Major
Belgium
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krelle View Post
Thanks. I'll probably, well 100% sure, go with the Pure. Jesse offers very good service. Just need to decide which stage..
Motiv + flash ends up in almost 10k€ in parts only. I'll buy the M3 instead then.
I advise to pick up the stage1. If you find it insufficient you can upgrade to stage2 when its available and get a full refund on stage1. No risk!
Appreciate 0