F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Back up sensor
Studio RSR

05-15-2015, 11:36 AM   #1
M47
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328 xDrive

Back up sensor

Hello guys, Have any of you installed back-up sensors on your car, I was about to purchase the license plate frame with sensors, but wanted to ask members for opinion first. I went to car toys, and their sensors are black (my f30 is white) and it is really ugly on my car, first option is to buy the license frame with sensors, 2nd option is to buy the Bimmertech OEM rear view camera, the one on this thread http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=873744
Lets say I purchase the OEM Camera on bimmertech, would I be able to install it at car toys or some BMW independent shops, I don't really want to do DIY because it seems complicated. Or can someone refer me to shops in Seattle area to install this? Thank you in advance!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2015, 03:07 PM   #2
slownfast
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 528i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by M47 View Post
Hello guys, Have any of you installed back-up sensors on your car, I was about to purchase the license plate frame with sensors, but wanted to ask members for opinion first. I went to car toys, and their sensors are black (my f30 is white) and it is really ugly on my car, first option is to buy the license frame with sensors, 2nd option is to buy the Bimmertech OEM rear view camera, the one on this thread http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=873744
Lets say I purchase the OEM Camera on bimmertech, would I be able to install it at car toys or some BMW independent shops, I don't really want to do DIY because it seems complicated. Or can someone refer me to shops in Seattle area to install this? Thank you in advance!
it says that you live in northwest. if you live around Renton, I can recommend you to go to IS garage. I installed my back-up camera come from bimmertech. Notes: my car is F10 (does not have both parking sensor and back-up camera). I know it is a mistake to buy car without the sensor, once I went to car toys and asked about the parking sensor, the price is ridiculously expensive so I decided to check back-up camera on bimmertech. Now I can see everything behind when I back-up with large screen! .
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2015, 05:59 PM   #3
M47
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328 xDrive

Thanks for the reference! I don't mind going to renton if the shop is recommended lol (I live in Northgate area). Will they take care of all the coding and etc? Thanks btw, But I am leaning more to back up sensors as f30 is a pretty easy car to park.
Appreciate 0