F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > Swirl Free Black Paint (FAKE NEWS??)
ARMA SPEED

04-26-2017, 11:38 AM   #23
madmortar
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i M-Sport

Thanks everyone for all the feedback.
BSM does look great cleaned up!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2017, 01:26 AM   #24
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Watch Fox and Friends!

Every time you wash a car you introduce swirls.

However this cab be minimised by using a ceramic protective coating or even a self-healing coating. At the moment I have GTechniq Crystal Serum on mine and I kid you not I rarely see even the slightest of swirls when washing. I have also found edgeless micro fiber towels a God send.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2017, 01:05 PM   #25
ggrr8t
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 330i x

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmortar View Post
Yea it seems I should have spent the money up front to get the car coated, sealed, and protected.

The car looks beautiful. There will always be that "something" that YOU see when you look up close. I say don't worry about it. Enjoy the fruit of your labor. Most of us that bother to join these forums and others like bimmer will be on the constant search for the next best way to clean. Looks like you have a great system already. Anything more is from slick produced advertising and videos produced to make us feel if there is a speck somewhere, we did it wrong and need to do it again and spend ridiculous amounts buying more and better stuff. These companies would have us buy 10 different sealants to use all at once if they could.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 11:51 AM   #26
madmortar
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrr8t View Post
The car looks beautiful. There will always be that "something" that YOU see when you look up close. I say don't worry about it. Enjoy the fruit of your labor. Most of us that bother to join these forums and others like bimmer will be on the constant search for the next best way to clean. Looks like you have a great system already. Anything more is from slick produced advertising and videos produced to make us feel if there is a speck somewhere, we did it wrong and need to do it again and spend ridiculous amounts buying more and better stuff. These companies would have us buy 10 different sealants to use all at once if they could.
Thanks man!
Trouble is keeping it that great looking long term.
For now, yes I will stick with this set up.

Im going to get the front and rear bumpers resprayed due to rock chips and some warranty paint issues. After that, im hoping to put a clear bra on and try out a sealant such as Jet Seal.

Maybe someday ill have a good buffer and I can paint correct and try a coating of some sort.

Just cant do it all at once! Time and money get in the way.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2017, 07:30 AM   #27
ggrr8t
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 330i x

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmortar View Post
Thanks man!
Trouble is keeping it that great looking long term.
For now, yes I will stick with this set up.

Im going to get the front and rear bumpers resprayed due to rock chips and some warranty paint issues. After that, im hoping to put a clear bra on and try out a sealant such as Jet Seal.

Maybe someday ill have a good buffer and I can paint correct and try a coating of some sort.

Just cant do it all at once! Time and money get in the way.
I have sapphire black. It looks amazing after detailing it. The next day ...oh well that's what we get for getting black. Previous I had glacial silver and it stayed "looking" clean a lot longer.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2017, 10:14 AM   #28
madmortar
Captain
Rep

Was able to get the front and rear bumpers re-sprayed and they look amazing now. However, the body shop washed the car before handing it over to me and i can ALREADY see slight swirl marks in the new paint...just makes me lol at this point, kinda over it.

I was planning on putting a clear bra on the front but...now thinking on skipping that. I just dont feel like investing $500+ right now on something like that. Ill drive careful and see how long that lasts me. The body shop also gave me leftover paint so that will help with future rock chips.

By the end of the month i will be ordering the full sealant kit from AMMO NYC (reflex and skin along with their shampoo). Will let you guys know how that works out in a month or so.
Appreciate 0