F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Having some issues with some idrive stuff
Studio RSR

12-02-2013, 01:32 AM   #1
AHB900
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335I M-Sport

Having some issues with some idrive stuff

Hey guys, im still brand new to this whole BMW idrive thing. I just set up my sirusxm and im hoping you guys can be a bit more helpful than the customer support at sirusxm. I have the all access 150+ channels and for some reason only about 50 of them show up on my radio. I had sirus reset my signal 3 times already and it hasn't helped at all.

Next question, I have window sticker says Tech package, but it does not list BMW Online in there does this mean I don't have the BMW online service free of charge?

Lastly, when I go into Telephone through Idrive then click messages none of my text messages show up (even if they are unread on my phone). Any ideas?

Thanks Guys
      12-02-2013, 06:03 AM   #2
HoustonEaDo
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB900 View Post
Hey guys, im still brand new to this whole BMW idrive thing. I just set up my sirusxm and im hoping you guys can be a bit more helpful than the customer support at sirusxm. I have the all access 150+ channels and for some reason only about 50 of them show up on my radio. I had sirus reset my signal 3 times already and it hasn't helped at all.

Thanks Guys
Make sure you are showing All Categories for your Sirius -- there is a setting in the menu where you change the filtering
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 08:28 AM   #3
skypx
Veteran U.S. Army
Germany
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Was the car in the open when the signal was sent? Open as in out of the garage, if it rains the car will get wet. If it's not working after you've ensured it was in the open when the signal was sent, take it to the dealership and have them fix it.

Quote:
Next question, I have window sticker says Tech package, but it does not list BMW Online in there does this mean I don't have the BMW online service free of charge?
Call BMW assist 888-333-6118, give them last 7 digits of your vin and they will let you know what services you have.

Quote:
Lastly, when I go into Telephone through Idrive then click messages none of my text messages show up (even if they are unread on my phone). Any ideas?

Thanks Guys
Unread message will not show in the iDrive. The only messages that will show are messages received when the phone is connected to the car. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 02:35 PM   #4
AHB900
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335I M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by u080570 View Post
Make sure you are showing All Categories for your Sirius -- there is a setting in the menu where you change the filtering
I do click all categories it skips a lot of channels. For example the main channel i want is 52. I have 51 but the next channel after 51 is 56.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypx View Post
Was the car in the open when the signal was sent? Open as in out of the garage, if it rains the car will get wet. If it's not working after you've ensured it was in the open when the signal was sent, take it to the dealership and have them fix it.

Call BMW assist 888-333-6118, give them last 7 digits of your vin and they will let you know what services you have.

Unread message will not show in the iDrive. The only messages that will show are messages received when the phone is connected to the car. Good luck.
I believe the car was in an open place at least one of the times I resent the signal, ill try it one more time. Does the radio need to be on and in the sirus preview channel? So ill only get things on idrive if its connected to the car. Does it matter how its connected (bluetooth)?

Thanks for the replies I really appreciate it.