F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Unable to connect via VIN !!
ARMA SPEED

05-24-2017, 11:34 AM   #23
NOGRP
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 114i (F20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Yes, that is clear. On computer, if router gets no communication, then issue with computer. But, if another computer did not work, then may be car as well.
I tried with 3 different PC and 2 cable. One of them was my friend's coding laptop. So that's why I want to focus on the car now.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2017, 07:02 AM   #24
discoboy1
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E82 1M VO/F30 328D

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOGRP View Post
I know this is a very old thread but I hope I can find the answer here for my problem.

I am trying to connect to my car with enet cable. I followed every word in the e-sys tutorial but after days of trying still no success.

I have already tried to connect with 2 different PCs and 2 different OS to my car. I checked a lot of settings like disable bluetooth, wifi, firewall, antivirus and other unused network adapter. I also plugged straight to a router just to check the MAC address and the IP but even a Linux Mikrotik and D-link router can not see anything. I thought that maybe I got faulty cable so I ordered a new one.
This cable has arrived today so I tired it again but I got the same issue. None of the LED is blinking on the Ethernet port. ZGW Search shows blank.
I turn on the ignition than I plug the cable in, I wait up to 60 seconds for Windows to say "limited connectivity". The network icon in the tray should show a yellow ! but nothing happen. The icon shows "no cable connected" even after 10 min on both PC. The TCP/IPV4 protocol is on automatic setting.
I even checked the OBD fuse but all of them were okey. The OBD pins seems okey too.
I am out of idea. I have spent days to figure out what is the problem but no luck

I would really appreciate any input.
I have the same issue, did you ever got it to work?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2017, 08:18 AM   #25
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by discoboy1 View Post
You will not be able to connect via VIN unless PSdZData is properly installed, and the Car and Laptop have a connection. For this:

1) The Target Connection Window should not be blank (It should show multiple target connections for different chassis')
2) ENET Cable must be good and making good contact in OBDII Port
3) Car must have proper voltage (Make sure motor is running if car is not on a Charger).
4) Laptop must not have Firewall or any Antivirus software running.
5) PC Lan Adapter should get a fallback IP address of 169.254.xxx.xxx (Make sure it is using DHCP and does not have a Static IP address assigned to it)

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2017, 04:10 AM   #26
NOGRP
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 114i (F20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoboy1 View Post

I could not solve it :/ I am thinking to take my car to service in order to check the OBD port. I tried to measure the voltage at the OBD port but I do not have 12v.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2018, 12:41 PM   #27
conor7205
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 M Sport

I am really struggling with this issue, i have been connected to my car before. Currently i have tested with the ignition on/off, no virus software or firewall blocking anything, the cable has worked a day before so it cant be that, that rules my laptop out also.

I can see all the vehicle profles from psdzdata, i performed a full reinstall or e sys, including the launcher and the psdzdata, but it still wont let me connect via VIN. Does anyone have any othwr suggestions of what i can try?

Would very much appreciatw it.

C
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2018, 12:59 PM   #28
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by conor7205 View Post
I am really struggling with this issue, i have been connected to my car before. Currently i have tested with the ignition on/off, no virus software or firewall blocking anything, the cable has worked a day before so it cant be that, that rules my laptop out also.

I can see all the vehicle profles from psdzdata, i performed a full reinstall or e sys, including the launcher and the psdzdata, but it still wont let me connect via VIN. Does anyone have any othwr suggestions of what i can try?

Would very much appreciatw it.

C
Just what I wrote in post #25.

Is your Motor Running?

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2018, 07:56 AM   #29
conor7205
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Just what I wrote in post #25.

Is your Motor Running?
Hi Shawn,

Thanks for replying,

Yes I will have the E Sys cabled connect to the car and laptop with the motor running, and have tried with the motor off also.

I have not checked point 5 of post #25, so I will double check that the ethernet connection has a DHCP setting and not static, I haven't touched this since it worked but it is worth double checking.

C
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2018, 09:37 AM   #30
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hi Shawn,

Thanks for replying,

Yes I will have the E Sys cabled connect to the car and laptop with the motor running, and have tried with the motor off also.

I have not checked point 5 of post #25, so I will double check that the ethernet connection has a DHCP setting and not static, I haven't touched this since it worked but it is worth double checking.

C
If nothing else works, then try the Winsock Reset.

Appreciate 0
      08-04-2018, 03:24 AM   #31
conor7205
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
If nothing else works, then try the Winsock Reset.
Performed the winsock reset and restarted the laptop, still nothing. This is the ip address the ethernet connection is getting, which looks correct to me?

Is there any other way to connect to the car with E Sys? I can see the other options aside from Connect via VIN but i assume there is a reason the other options aren't used?

C
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-04-2018, 07:35 AM   #32
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Performed the winsock reset and restarted the laptop, still nothing. This is the ip address the ethernet connection is getting, which looks correct to me?

Is there any other way to connect to the car with E Sys? I can see the other options aside from Connect via VIN but i assume there is a reason the other options aren't used?

C
I have no idea what issue is. There is no other connection way for ENET Cable.

Try a different laptop. If you have same issue, then it is cable or car gateway module.

Appreciate 0
      08-04-2018, 11:23 AM   #33
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3

Quote:

C
Maybe you want to try the small tool "zgw_search.exe".
So you can see if the car is connected to the laptop, because it displays the IP address of the car.
If it shows the IP address of the car, then there must be a problem with e-sys.
If it does not display the IP address, the problem may be with the cable or the car.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2020, 09:19 AM   #34
uadissa
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: X3 G01 20D M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOGRP View Post
I could not solve it :/ I am thinking to take my car to service in order to check the OBD port. I tried to measure the voltage at the OBD port but I do not have 12v.
Hey mate, I know its been 3 years since your post. Did you manage to resolve this?
Same issue here, Ethernet Port is not coming on the laptop side what so ever. Saying cable unplugged. Tried 3 ENET cables and laptops already
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2020, 07:53 AM   #35
uadissa
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: X3 G01 20D M-Sport

It was a software issue in my case. Dealer patched the car and steered working..
Appreciate 0