F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > Oil Reset Good / Vehicle Check Bad
Studio RSR

04-26-2016, 01:15 PM   #1
F30Gators
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 BMW 335i M Sport

Oil Reset Good / Vehicle Check Bad

So, I successfully changed my oil today and when resetting the oil counter (all had been previously scheduled in Sep 16.... Front Pad, Rear Pad, Oil, Vehicle Check) the oil reset fine, but the vehicle check lit up red as past due (220km).

Everything else is good, is this normal? So is there a way to set it back to Sep 16 as it was previously or am I fine. I know it says reset impossible for the Check and I am not really sure why it would change on the oil trigger, would have made since if they all went back... the car thinking it was overdue for the others if the oil was changed.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2016, 08:55 AM   #2
expertsedan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i, F82 M4, E36 M3

I just changed my oil myself today, and the same thing happened.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2016, 07:51 AM   #3
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30Gators View Post
So, I successfully changed my oil today and when resetting the oil counter (all had been previously scheduled in Sep 16.... Front Pad, Rear Pad, Oil, Vehicle Check) the oil reset fine, but the vehicle check lit up red as past due (220km).

Everything else is good, is this normal? So is there a way to set it back to Sep 16 as it was previously or am I fine. I know it says reset impossible for the Check and I am not really sure why it would change on the oil trigger, would have made since if they all went back... the car thinking it was overdue for the others if the oil was changed.
you can reset that as well so it doesn't have to be in red, I did my oil change this weekend and after resetting the oil mileage I realize the "vehicle check" had 10 miles to go and went ahead and did a reset on the vehicle check as well, all good. By the way I looked up what the symbol meant and is seems to be a vehicle inspection so no big deal.
      07-20-2016, 09:00 PM   #4
Class5Kayaker
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW F15, 2014 Porsche 991

Same thing happened to me, I did an oil change and the "Vehicle Check" was suddenly due in 10 miles after resetting the oil interval.

I went ahead and pulled the checklist from my Bentley manual and realized it's all pretty standard stuff that any shade-tree mechanic does every time they change their oil. I can post it here if anyone's interested. Oh, and they have a mistake in their checklist. It calls for checking power steering fluid and we don't have any with electric steering! lol

2016 BMW F15 xDrive 35i - Imperial Blue Metallic
2014 Porsche 991- Sapphire Blue Metallic
Appreciate 0