F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > F30 ebay headlights
ARMA SPEED

08-30-2018, 08:21 PM   #89
bheng89
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by plikmuny View Post
I meant that I have 35w ballast and 35w hid cnlight bulb which I bought for another vehicle and it's laying around.
I have this projector headlight on eBay purchased. It came with osram 55w bulb without ballast.
My question is can I replace this osram bulb (55w) with a 35w hid bulb and 35w ballast. With power supply and the light output will there be any discrepancies ? or dangers for the wiring systems ?
I can try and see but before I Fry the original parts or make them nonfunctional, I would like to be careful. That's why I asked the above question.

Thanks
Mine came with a 55w (halogen type) bulb too. I replaced it with 35w HID (bulb and ballast). No issues thus far.

I never compared the 55w bulb light output. I installed the HIDs before installing the headlights into the car. And it worked right away without errors. But I have read that some people code their car for warm/cold checks off.

2019 440i xDrive | Muffler Delete |
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2018, 06:57 PM   #90
plikmuny
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d, 330D(2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bheng89 View Post
Mine came with a 55w (halogen type) bulb too. I replaced it with 35w HID (bulb and ballast). No issues thus far.

I never compared the 55w bulb light output. I installed the HIDs before installing the headlights into the car. And it worked right away without errors. But I have read that some people code their car for warm/cold checks off.
Can you tell me how did you align the Beam of those Headlights ?
i am having PITA Moment to align now. i didnt know that i should have done the Alignment part before i fix those Headlights. But once i fixed it and everything back in place, i have difficulty reaching for those 4 Screws.Anyone who designed those Screws is an A.....e !

Any assistence or guidance pls ?

Also which HID kit with Ballasts did you use ? also did you alse needed a Harness wiring to connect to both Headlights ? if yes can you share a Diagramm of wiring System pls ?
Did you use 1 HID kit or 2 HID kits ?

Any pic with and without Headlight(with High and low beam) for the Light Output and pattern ?

Thanks in Advance. sorry for asking so many Questions....
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2018, 02:20 PM   #91
bheng89
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 328xi

The HIDs I used were the Hylux A288 with Morimoto H7 bulbs. I didnt used a harness to connect both headlights. just those two parts. I used one HID kit as I never use high beam anyways.

For the alignment of the headlight: I will use a friend's headlight for reference. Mark on the wall with tape where his light is aimed. switched positions of cars and aim until its about the same.

can you post pictures of where you are getting lost? the wiring seems pretty easy once you get your hands on it.

2019 440i xDrive | Muffler Delete |
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 01:58 PM   #92
plikmuny
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bheng89 View Post
The HIDs I used were the Hylux A288 with Morimoto H7 bulbs. I didnt used a harness to connect both headlights. just those two parts. I used one HID kit as I never use high beam anyways.

For the alignment of the headlight: I will use a friend's headlight for reference. Mark on the wall with tape where his light is aimed. switched positions of cars and aim until its about the same.

can you post pictures of where you are getting lost? the wiring seems pretty easy once you get your hands on it.
Hi, you were right, once I got hands on, I could figure out how to connect the wires....It's quite easy. I am loving the light output.
But strangely I noticed today that while driving one of the lights(left) just went off... it didn't switch on for May be 10 minutes. Then once I came home I parked the car and to cross check if it is still working I switched on the motor and then headlights, both the lights were working as if nothing happened.
I thought the left bulb got burned due to voltage fluctuations while driving. But I don't know what has happened and how to explain this.

Is it because of voltage fluctuations or may be because of cold and warm checks ? Should I use a harness to overcome this problem ? I really don't know why it has happened. It's just 2nd day post-installation of HID with ballast. Previously I was using default halogen bulbs which came along with these headlights. I never encountered such problem in 2 months or so....

Can you or anyone explain me why or what to do to overcome this problem?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2018, 07:12 AM   #93
scostu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F25

New...……….

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/h7...o-2stroke.html
      10-12-2018, 02:45 PM   #94
rexklei91
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by scostu View Post
Will this LED fit in the housing? I heard the Spyder headlight is pretty tight on space.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2018, 03:44 PM   #95
plikmuny
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

I am having flickering issue. I ordered capacitors and the wire. I got capacitors but still waiting for wires. Once I have both of them, I will install and see if the flickering issue goes away.
But another issue is bothering me a lot without any solution. High beam is out of sight and is deviated to the left. how do I align it to the centre? Anyone having an idea? Pls share it here. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 04:16 PM   #96
Ahmaddoski
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 bmw 330i Us spec

Should those work on lci model ?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 04:14 AM   #97
plikmuny
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Hello Friends, can anyone help me with this Flickering Issue ?
i installed this Headlight, then due to Flickering issue, i bought Capacitor (6500µF 35V) and installed between Power and the Ballast. Even then it flickers and ironically the lights flicker and then goes off earlier than before !!!. I have Hylux (A2088, 35W) Ballast. I dont know why. I have not installed Relay Harness which could be the only Problem by me or should i Change the Ballasts and see if the Problem persists ?

If anyone had gone through this Problem, can you guide me pls... Or should i go a bit high with Capacitor to 10000µF 35V as i have seen in Theretrofitsource Website that they have Antiflicker Capacitors with 10000µF... I dont know what to do and i am fed up of again and again disassembling the UnderBumper and Wheel cover.( its a real PITA situation everytime)

I am waiting for a Help...
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2018, 05:36 PM   #98
mallorca328
Private First Class
Spain
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Garage List
2012 F30 328i  [0.00]
In the serie4 headlights it feels like the DRL arent little dots but one single luminous piece... am i wrong?

Are there any headlights for the f30 that are like this? Sorry but im a perfectionist.

edit: also with clear corners, not orange?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 12:04 AM   #99
bmwchue
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallorca328 View Post
In the serie4 headlights it feels like the DRL arent little dots but one single luminous piece... am i wrong?

Are there any headlights for the f30 that are like this? Sorry but im a perfectionist.

edit: also with clear corners, not orange?
yes you are right
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2019, 01:57 PM   #100
shadowx360
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankly30 View Post
I installed these recently and noticed, when the LEDs are turned on it will mess with my radio! Technically I dont really listen to radio, but I get my traffic info transmitted via Radio, in other words: No traffic info when these freaking LEDs are on!! Don't buy and install them, as long as there is a solution to this mess!!
I don't have that issue even though I'm running LED H7 low and high beams on top of the LED DRLs. What frequency is the station you are using?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2019, 01:13 PM   #101
shadowx360
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankly30 View Post
All stations on FM radio, depending how far away I am from the transmitter are having interference noise.
Did you try disconnecting the ballasts for the HIDs you are using? I've heard more issues related to ballasts than DRLs.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 04:32 PM   #102
derrenl88
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i

Hi guys.

Those headlights look sick on the f30s. I was wondering if you guys ran into any problems with them over time though such as LEDs dying out. I am planning to purchase a set on ebay as well but my only concern is having them die out 3 months after spending 500 on them.

Thanks
Appreciate 0