F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Common issues with S552 Adaptive LED Headlight
proTUNING Freaks

08-06-2020, 02:13 PM   #1
dextuar
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

Common issues with S552 Adaptive LED Headlight

Hi,

has anyone had any issues with their adaptive LED headlights? Yesterday I had a visit to a local BMW dealership and they told me that one of my headlights needs to be replaced. They also told me that there is a common issue with one of the headlights and that the DRL shine differently and eventually the DRL die at the headlight with the problem due to some heat exchange with some module that is close to the DRL stripe.

I find this explanation strange as I do not see any difference in the appearance of the headlights and IMO if they need to change a single headlight, they must change both so that they are equally "new" and nevertheless the problem should appear on both headlights, not just on one of them.

Therefore I wanted to ask if anyone from you guys knows about common issues with Adaptive LED Headlight on BMW F32/F36 LCI models, I guess same would apply for F30 LCI models.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0