F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Sunshine Coast roads
ARMA SPEED

05-27-2014, 03:11 AM   #1
frenzel
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Sunshine Coast roads

Just wondering if anyone can suggest some good driving roads around the sunny coast hinterland. Going up there for a few days soon and taking my car for a run.

We'll be based around Montville. Have a few places we want to see, but interested if anyone knows some nice driving roads which might be worth taking a detour for.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 04:06 AM   #2
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Anywhere around Montville and Maleny is good. If you like something a bit twisty take the backroad from Maleny down through Peachester and finish up at Woodford for some bakery treats.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 04:57 AM   #3
frenzel
Rep

Brilliant thanks! Love the twisties, I'm assuming you mean bald knob road?

Will be packing a couple of scrolls under the bonnet so might as well drop into woodford and throw a couple in the boot as well!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 06:36 AM   #4
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenzel View Post
Brilliant thanks! Love the twisties, I'm assuming you mean bald knob road?

Will be packing a couple of scrolls under the bonnet so might as well drop into woodford and throw a couple in the boot as well!
I suggest the Maleny-Stanley River Rd

I still have fond memories of when I had my previous E82 135i through that section. Followed a couple of a two-wheeled terrors for a bit and had a big grin at the end of it, and some thumbs up from the other pilots. In saying that, take it easy if it's your first time and get to the bakery at the other end Ideally it's nice and cool with maybe a bit of fog for improved forced-induction!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 04:53 PM   #5
frenzel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabaitu View Post
I suggest the Maleny-Stanley River Rd

I still have fond memories of when I had my previous E82 135i through that section. Followed a couple of a two-wheeled terrors for a bit and had a big grin at the end of it, and some thumbs up from the other pilots. In saying that, take it easy if it's your first time and get to the bakery at the other end Ideally it's nice and cool with maybe a bit of fog for improved forced-induction!
Nice, thanks. This is the reason I have the car. 90% of the time you spend in the car is spent sucking on bus fumes, but that other 10%, when you find these roads makes it all worth while!

She'll only have about 400-500k on the clock by the time I get there so will be taking it relatively easy, but still can't wait.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 07:47 AM   #6
MP423
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: it like its a rental

If you want a nice 4 hour 280+ km scenic drive with some nice townships to stretch the legs go the following route in your nav:

Montville
Maleny
Woodford
Mt Mee
Dayboro
Samford Village
Lake Somerset
Montville
      06-07-2014, 11:00 PM   #7
ilovewagons
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i F31 M-Sport EB to MG F87

No one seems to have mentioned Montville-Maleny rd. It's probably the best bit of road in QLD. First time I went up it was in my MkV GTI. It was so good, I did a u-turn at the top and went back to Palmwoods and then turned around and did it a couple more times.
Appreciate 0