F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > MY2015 F30 320i w/ David Aviles
proTUNING Freaks

02-01-2015, 10:13 PM   #1
CntryClub007
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i | 2015 X5-50i

MY2015 F30 320i w/ David Aviles

5 JULY 2014 - Order Placed
13 AUGUST 2014 - ED @ BMW Welt (München)
14 AUGUST 2014 - Dropped off at EDDM (Flughafen München)
23 SEPTEMBER 2014 - Courtesy Delivery in Chicago (Boat arrived to Newark)

I absolutely love the car, in every single way. Balance between Sport, Comfort, & Eco-Pro modes make the car very practical. I haven’t had any problems with RWD (non x-drive) and the snow in Chicago. Winter Tire Package is great.

I recognize this isn’t a 335i or M3, my previous car was a 420HP Pontiac G8 which I did extensive road course (HPDE’s) with.

I will tell you this, shaving off 240HP doesn’t make me miss the power. The gearing on this car is great, the suspension is wonderful, braking is responsive. N20 Engine w/ Turbo is nice. Overall BMW has made a nice value in this car.

-Sport PKG w/ 18” Staggered Wheels w/ Summer Tires
-Lighting PKG (HID)
-Navigation
-Parking Package
-Fold Down Rear Seats
-Power Front Seats
-Heated Front Seats
-Black SensaTec / Jet Black Exterior / Silver Trim

Onto the ED Process:

ED was great, we showed up at BMW Welt from the U-Bahn, you get off at Olympiazentrum (U3). You check in, they take you upstairs to the lounge, they complete all of the paperwork. They will take you downstairs to give you the basics of what the BMW is, how it handles, what the DTC buttons do on the car. This was informative for someone who isn't familiar with a BMW. Previous owners can probably skip this section.

Next, they will bring you to your car, they will walk you through every single button under the sun. The gentleman was extremely nice and courteous.

Onto David:

I read a ton of forums all over the place, really did research on pricing and who David was. I can tell you first hand, David is one of those very few people in life that once you purchase a vehicle through him, you will continue to purchase vehicles. There aren’t any reasons to deal with anyone else.

Disregard purchasing vehicles, David is incredibly humble and a really fantastic individual. David actually surprised us at our ED in Munich. While the BMW associate was walking us around the car, David appeared from behind the car and called to my attention. Immediately, he introduced himself as David Aviles. My jaw dropped. I couldn’t actually believe that he took the time to find our ED time slot, get upstairs to the delivery room floor, and then introduce himself. He came to Munich!

We ended up making really great conversation over dinner that evening, and I really understood the kind of person he is, incredibly genuine. A few months later, I had the opportunity to stop in at Steve Thomas BMW and grab some lunch with David. Once again, a fantastic individual and kudos to Steve Thomas Dealership. When I pulled into the dealership, I was greeted very professionally, the dealership seems to care that people are enthusiastic about BMW’s, and if I lived in SoCal, I would go to the dealership. Everyone was very nice and professional.

David is an incredibly busy sales person, for all of the right reasons. Recognize, he isn't someone who has all day to wait around. We knew what we wanted, we approached him, and he made it happen. Don't expect to get a call back immediately, and sometimes it takes 2-3 days to get through to reach him, but if you are straight forward on exactly what you want, how you want the order to go, he will make it happen.

We had a great day driving through Southern Bavaria. Having the opportunity to live there for a few years was the experience of a lifetime.

Glad to be a part of the forum!

————
Previous Ride…

ED Process…

This was our driving route…I highly recommend going down near Walchensee / Kochelsee. You hit some awesome winding roads on highway 11. We were playing nice with a Z4…

Lastly, hit up the A8 from Augsburg to München, it was freshly re-surfaced and it’s one of my favorite stretches of Autobahn in all of Germany. Either this section, or the section of A9 just north of the Airport on the way to Nuremberg, the rolling hills are fantastic as well.

Re-united with a familiar friend (i8 was pretty slick car as well).

Last edited by CntryClub007; 02-01-2015 at 10:20 PM..
Appreciate 1
      02-01-2015, 11:36 PM   #2
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
Congrats on the new car! Rare to see a 320i with Xenons, it really makes the car look 1000x times better. Enjoy it!
      02-02-2015, 08:04 AM   #3
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Awesome! We all at Steve Thomas BMW want to thank you very much for your business and yes its not everyday, if ever?, that your rep pops up at ED pick up lol. Very cool!

If you ever need anything else at all don't hesitate to shoot me a pm and I will take care of it. I will also show David this link so he can check it out!

enjoy the new ride!

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 1
      02-02-2015, 08:21 PM   #4
BMWDavid
United_States
Rep
Drives: MSport F30

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 Sedan  [0.00]
2005(sold but not f ...  [10.00]
2006 X3  [0.00]
1984 633csi  [0.00]
Danke John and Julia!

John,

Thank you so much for the great write up and kind words about your experience with me. It was one of the most memorable deliveries ever. The surprise on your face and Julia's when I showed up at the Welt were well worth the trip. It's a rare treat to meet my customers in Munich and even more when they stop by the dealership in the US after the trip! Thank you!

I hope you're settled into IL by now and that your BMW will provide you, Julia, and the little one one the way many miles of secure and fun driving experiences. All the best!

Your friend,

David
      06-30-2015, 09:31 PM   #5
mafiesso
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 Vert SB/SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
Awesome! We all at Steve Thomas BMW want to thank you very much for your business and yes its not everyday, if ever?, that your rep pops up at ED pick up lol. Very cool!

If you ever need anything else at all don't hesitate to shoot me a pm and I will take care of it. I will also show David this link so he can check it out!

enjoy the new ride!
Jealous that you got the legendary David Aviles show up live during your ED!

2011 E93 M3 - Lemans Blue Metallic/Individual Rust Brown Extended:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=508879
Appreciate 1
      06-30-2015, 10:05 PM   #6
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G26 i4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post

enjoy the new ride!
What an awesome surprise! Nice work David!
Appreciate 1
      07-01-2015, 06:13 AM   #7
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiesso View Post
Jealous that you got the legendary David Aviles show up live during your ED!
Quote:
Originally Posted by drexplode View Post
What an awesome surprise! Nice work David!

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 03:15 PM   #8
metallicpea
Major
Rep
Drives: 320i ZSP & E46 M3 6MT

John,

Nice write up. How have things gone in the last 14 months?

I had to post, as I am getting almost exactly the same car via ED in 2 months, and I too live in the Chicago area. Aside from the trim, power seats and parking assist, the cars are identical. If you don't mind, I will PM you to chat about it.
2016 F30 320i ZSP
2003 E46 325it ZSP 5MT
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 10:23 PM   #9
CntryClub007
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i | 2015 X5-50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicpea
John,

Nice write up. How have things gone in the last 14 months?

I had to post, as I am getting almost exactly the same car via ED in 2 months, and I too live in the Chicago area. Aside from the trim, power seats and parking assist, the cars are identical. If you don't mind, I will PM you to chat about it.
Hey - All things great with the car, couldn't be happier going with this optioned 320 over the 328. Of course, I now wish I had a 335/340, but that will come at a later stage in life

Sure, PM me, would love to chat about everything.
Appreciate 0