F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Metis Leader off coast of Baja
proTUNING Freaks

03-07-2015, 10:16 AM   #1
GAS428
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 428i grand coupe M Sport

Metis Leader off coast of Baja

If your car is on the Metis leader, the ship is off the coast of Baja, due to stop at San Diego 3/8 and Port Hueneme 3/11.

After wondering what a "Metis" is I finally looked it up. Apparently, NKY names their ships after the Gods in Greek Mythology. Metis is the Goddess of wisdom, skill and craft.(Remember this it will come in useful later in this posting.)

Metis was the First great spouse of Zeus. apparently while Zeus getting funky with little miss Metis feared the consequences of his act. (she would bear children that would kick his assets) so he tricked her into turning herself into a fly and then Zeus ate her. (Wise Gods would have seen that coming) Well that did not work, she had the kid, Athena, anyway and built a helmet and robe for her daughter. then Athena jumped out of Zeus's head fully grown. Apparently Zeus just shook that off.

Why did I share this with you?? To simply show that there are far crazier things then watching a ship carry your car from Germany to the west coast.

And, there must have been psychedelic drugs in accent Greece.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2015, 07:12 PM   #2
mcleod52
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 30i-G01 2021 - Alpine White

Metis is also a person of mixed blood - Native American and White
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2015, 09:28 PM   #3
GAS428
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 428i grand coupe M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcleod52 View Post
Metis is also a person of mixed blood - Native American and White
why would any one name a ship after a person with mixed blood when you can name it after a Mythical God

That is almost as good as suggesting that coconuts migrate.

Look further
Appreciate 1