F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > Anybody have bulb numbers?
proTUNING Freaks

10-20-2014, 03:42 PM   #1
Mike_L
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335xi GT M-Sport MPPK

Anybody have bulb numbers?

Looking for the bulb numbers of all the halogen exterior bulbs on the GT. My car hasn't even been built yet, but I will not allow it to have any halogen exterior lights. Need to buy some CanBus LEDs, so I need the numbers and colors of all the halogen bulbs.

In addition, have we confirmed yet if the F34 is following the F30 with not having fog lights on M-Sports with M brakes? Dealer has no idea. I have H8 LEDs on my 750, so if my GT is gonna have fogs I gotta pull those out.

Thanks for any help. Sylvania hasn't updated their bulb application chart to include the F34 yet.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2014, 05:20 AM   #2
allachie9
Grumpy Old Man
Scotland
Rep
Drives: G30 520i

Hi Mike,
I'm sorry I don't have the answer to either of your questions, but I just wondered what your objection was to halogen lamps.
Hope you don't mind me asking, is it on environmental grounds ?

Incidentally, and this is nothing whatsoever to do with our cars, back in the day, before I retired, I used to infuriate my tech team.
We used a large schematic display, lit by thousands of small 'bulbs'. Occasionally I would need to contact my senior tech and ask him to get someone to change some bulbs for me.
This request was always met with a sharp intake of breath, followed by a long pause, before he replied 'they're lamps, bulbs are what you plant in your garden' !
      10-25-2014, 09:24 AM   #3
G30 B58
Pace Car Driver
Rep
Drives: '22 AW G30 B58 M-Sport

Are these bulbs specific to the GT? Probably not.

If you post this in interior mods you may get better expsoure...
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2014, 09:52 AM   #4
Mike_L
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by allachie9 View Post
Hi Mike,
I'm sorry I don't have the answer to either of your questions, but I just wondered what your objection was to halogen lamps.
Hope you don't mind me asking, is it on environmental grounds ?

Incidentally, and this is nothing whatsoever to do with our cars, back in the day, before I retired, I used to infuriate my tech team.
We used a large schematic display, lit by thousands of small 'bulbs'. Occasionally I would need to contact my senior tech and ask him to get someone to change some bulbs for me.
This request was always met with a sharp intake of breath, followed by a long pause, before he replied 'they're lamps, bulbs are what you plant in your garden' !
I just think they look very downmarket. Especially on stuff with clear lenses like the front turn signals and rear backup lights, where you can see their nasty color. Has nothing to do with environmental grounds. I'm like the anti-environmentalist.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2014, 09:53 AM   #5
Mike_L
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32 N55 View Post
Are these bulbs specific to the GT? Probably not.

If you post this in interior mods you may get better expsoure...
Looking for the exterior, not the interior. No idea if they're specific to the GT. I know the housings are.
Appreciate 0