F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Very Annoyed... and CA is no help!!! Tempted to cancel...
GetBMWParts

11-27-2012, 06:19 PM   #89
UhhItsANT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
must of been Miko right?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 06:21 PM   #90
nsquared
[Versatile]
Rep
Drives: (S)LOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntBabeee View Post
must of been Miko right?
Must be. Let me see if I have this card.
'20 AW F87 X3MC - Sold
Current: `23 Chalk G80 M3CX | Ordered: '24 M3CS - Week37 build.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 06:22 PM   #91
nsquared
[Versatile]
Rep
Drives: (S)LOW.

I don't but if I said Niko and there is a Miko must be the same guy.
'20 AW F87 X3MC - Sold
Current: `23 Chalk G80 M3CX | Ordered: '24 M3CS - Week37 build.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 06:26 PM   #92
UhhItsANT
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsquared View Post
Must be. Let me see if I have this card.
ok let me know i'll probably email or give him call.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 07:06 PM   #93
micosilver
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 35d

Quote:
ok let me know i'll probably email or give him call.
Responded.

People, please stop spreading rumors on Internet forums of me giving away cars! This is what private messaging is for!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 07:09 PM   #94
UhhItsANT
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by micosilver View Post
Responded.

People, please stop spreading rumors on Internet forums of me giving away cars! This is what private messaging is for!
Sure thing.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 09:57 PM   #95
Boosted John
Internet Ninja
Rep
Drives: 13 AH3

Quote:
Thanks for the info. If they lock me in does that mean I have to start paying for the car before I take delivery of it?
correct... you odn't start paying till you sign the contract. all you are doing right now is locking yourself into these great programs just in case they turn for the worse. if they get enhanced and they are better then you will get that.

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #96
MelvinMrBMWBey
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Garage List
All of this trouble could have been avoided by the Client Advisor If he had simply gave the customer a real answer about allocation and production dates. This way the customer would have had realistic expectations about when he would receive a production number and when to expect delivery. Customers become excited, and impatient which is only natural, but it can be avoided by simply delivering true information, so that the customer can decide if he wants to do business at that Center or not.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 07:20 PM   #97
UhhItsANT
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelvinMrBMWBey View Post
All of this trouble could have been avoided by the Client Advisor If he had simply gave the customer a real answer about allocation and production dates. This way the customer would have had realistic expectations about when he would receive a production number and when to expect delivery. Customers become excited, and impatient which is only natural, but it can be avoided by simply delivering true information, so that the customer can decide if he wants to do business at that Center or not.
Exactly!!! There lost. Im going in this weekend to finish the cancelation process. Picked up a car from a different dealer with a better deal. I notify my CA who I ordered with by phone. He asked one question said why, and then said he call me back next day, since he busy with a customer. Never recieved a phone call back. Emailed him. No response. So im going down there on saturday or sunday going to have a talk with his manager and finish the cancelation. Never going back there.

BMW of San Francisco from now on. Was helped by Mico Silver, a member of this forum. GREAT GUY!!! Highly Recommended. All the people that I dealt with was GREAT with GREAT PERSONALITY!
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 10:46 AM   #98
MelvinMrBMWBey
United_States
Rep

Garage List
The thing that most sales people do understand is that the customer will pay more if you simply have the right information, and are truthfull about what you can do. They pay more because its worth it to not go though all these headaches. Granted Client Advisors can, become frustrated with customers who are under the assumption that the dealer should lose money to sell them a car, and discount items that are in high demand with low supply. I dont always have the lowest price but I deliver on what I tell the cusotmer, that all you can do, and honestly thats all a customer really wants. A good deal has much less to do with price then it has to do with the process and the state of mind that the customer is in when they take delivery. Remember people dont need Bimmers they want them and they get them because they can, its that simple.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 11:04 AM   #99
chrisv_335EBII
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i 6sp EBII

Quote:
The thing that most sales people do understand is that the customer will pay more if you simply have the right information, and are truthfull about what you can do. They pay more because its worth it to not go though all these headaches. Granted Client Advisors can, become frustrated with customers who are under the assumption that the dealer should lose money to sell them a car, and discount items that are in high demand with low supply. I dont always have the lowest price but I deliver on what I tell the cusotmer, that all you can do, and honestly thats all a customer really wants. A good deal has much less to do with price then it has to do with the process and the state of mind that the customer is in when they take delivery. Remember people dont need Bimmers they want them and they get them because they can, its that simple.
The funny thing is this is so true. I want a fair market price for my car. I can get that from any dealership. I do not want to fight to get it. Good service and honesty is what made the difference in selecting the dealership I ended up purchasing my 335 from. I had a slightly lower offer from another dealership ($400 difference) but they I had the worst experience with them so no way!
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 11:14 AM   #100
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Yep, you are 100%. I will indeed pay a little more to deal with a CA who always tells me the truth (good or bad), and is responsive to my emails or phone calls. I'm always cognizant of trying to limit overall communication because I know you guys are typically busy. But I do expect some sort of response with 2 business days, even if it's a simple "I'll check into that".
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 11:34 AM   #101
Wajhik
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i EB

Im with you guys. I work for a very reputable BMW/Porsche/M Benz Dealer in a small town in Illinois between St. Louis and Chicago. Most places the only way they know how to sell a car is to sell it as cheap as possible. Inevitably those places have a "screw the customer" attitude because they didnt make any money off of them and want to move onto the next deal. If you can build value in your center and yourself, MOST people are willing to spend a couple extra bucks. It also helps when you have managers/owners who love the cars, not the money. They inevitable hire people who are good people instead of good salesman.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 01:45 PM   #102
UhhItsANT
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Yeah I agreed with you guys. Sorry I didn't make it that clear. YES i had a better deal, but the car I ended up getting was about 3,200 more then the one i ordered. So I still paid more then the one I order at the end of the day. But couldn't be happier. I had great service.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #103
MelvinMrBMWBey
United_States
Rep

Garage List
See that...lol People dont mind paying a profit for service. If they feel like they are getting less service for the dollars they back away. Granted alot of the frustration comes from past experiences. When you combine a bad experience with the gathering of negative information that "how to buy" websites about sales people and the car industry in general it causes alot of confusion. You want good deals on Bimmer? Find your guy, not just the price. Most of the "how to buy" websites give you all this price information, but fail to tell you how to price against value. Everytime you buy something you do it because the value exceeds the price. It takes a qualified CA to explain the value in the features that your interested in so that you can make an intellegent decision. Lastly most of the people claiming that they are master car dealer/salesman slayer's when it comes to negotiation are liars. The next time someone says they paid some ridiculous number for a Bimmer simply ask them to show you thier purchase order. Every dealer pays the same invoice, the choice for you is based on experience at the dealer, the reputation, of the dealer, the value of the car your buying and the dealers ability to continually give you a reason to patronize the Center.

Last edited by MelvinMrBMWBey; 12-07-2012 at 05:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 02:17 PM   #104
LucWerkz
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e70 X5 4.8i (Temporarily)

Quote:
Hey Melvin! You helped me out with a 7 series a couple months ago. I was the one with the matte grey M3. You were great and knew a ton about the car! Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 05:15 PM   #105
Wajhik
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i EB

All true, when its all said and done you guys will remember the service and sales process opposed to the potential extra $500 you spent/saved.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 05:37 PM   #106
MelvinMrBMWBey
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Red Baron, I remember your car Matte Black M3 Comp Wheels we had a carbon Msport 750i on the floor. I wound up selling that car to my dentist...lol Thanks for the shout out...lol Its hard enough to work your way up to the level in which you have the reasources to waste basically on a want like a Bimmer. So when you go in and buy one it should be pretty simple. First a customer only ask his CA all those questions because he, wants to know if the CA is the guy or not. Is he someone I can confide in with my situation and rely on to help guide my decision based on his experience with the products on a daily basis. These days with the internet, pricing information is all but transparent. If you are asking for service be willing to pay the cost when the services are rendered. Most customers are, however in todays advertising marketplace thier are bottomfeeders who have websites that encourage customers to go about the buying process like that of a mercenary engaged in a tactical operation. If you could see your self having a beer with a guy or meeting about at a Bimmer event, or something, is that really who you would, spend thousands of dollars with? I try to build a relationship with all my clients to ensure that when they are ready for the next Bimmer they think of me. Its not about the first sale ist about all the sales. The familly the friends the colleages, thats what a CA's goal should really be this way eventually he does not need to look for new business it will simply find him.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 07:15 PM   #107
UhhItsANT
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Red Baron, I remember your car Matte Black M3 Comp Wheels we had a carbon Msport 750i on the floor. I wound up selling that car to my dentist...lol Thanks for the shout out...lol Its hard enough to work your way up to the level in which you have the reasources to waste basically on a want like a Bimmer. So when you go in and buy one it should be pretty simple. First a customer only ask his CA all those questions because he, wants to know if the CA is the guy or not. Is he someone I can confide in with my situation and rely on to help guide my decision based on his experience with the products on a daily basis. These days with the internet, pricing information is all but transparent. If you are asking for service be willing to pay the cost when the services are rendered. Most customers are, however in todays advertising marketplace thier are bottomfeeders who have websites that encourage customers to go about the buying process like that of a mercenary engaged in a tactical operation. If you could see your self having a beer with a guy or meeting about at a Bimmer event, or something, is that really who you would, spend thousands of dollars with? I try to build a relationship with all my clients to ensure that when they are ready for the next Bimmer they think of me. Its not about the first sale ist about all the sales. The familly the friends the colleages, thats what a CA's goal should really be this way eventually he does not need to look for new business it will simply find him.

Thats exactly how a CA should be... Luckily I found one.
Appreciate 0