F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > REMOTE...
Studio RSR

02-03-2015, 01:38 PM   #1
TH15BMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 Series 320d Lux Touring

REMOTE...

Was in a thread that i cant find now and someone was saying that you cant remote start fan flash lights start car and beep horn....
However im sure i paid for remote as an option help someone put me right
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 01:50 PM   #2
DTP1980
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 LCI Monte Carlo Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH15BMW View Post
Was in a thread that i cant find now and someone was saying that you cant remote start fan flash lights start car and beep horn....
However im sure i paid for remote as an option help someone put me right
You are referring to the app 'BMW Remote'. Subject to connectivity of the car (ie. Not underground), you can lock/ unlock the car, flash the headlights to help locate it in big dark car parks, for example, or initiate the ventilation (no aircon or heat) on a timer. You can also locate the car if you are within, I think, 2km. Works well on IOS but can't comment on Android. But i can't remember which option it correlates to with the car - but you need to call and register anyway with BMW.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 01:55 PM   #3
TH15BMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 Series 320d Lux Touring

Feeeeeewwww
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 04:39 PM   #4
TomF32
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW/640d/M-Sport

Garage List
2005 e90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTP1980 View Post
You are referring to the app 'BMW Remote'. Subject to connectivity of the car (ie. Not underground), you can lock/ unlock the car, flash the headlights to help locate it in big dark car parks, for example, or initiate the ventilation (no aircon or heat) on a timer. You can also locate the car if you are within, I think, 2km. Works well on IOS but can't comment on Android. But i can't remember which option it correlates to with the car - but you need to call and register anyway with BMW.
Personally think this app is a bit of a waste of time. Tried a number of times and says connection isn't possible (and that's me on wifi and the car sitting outside). Remote ventilation would be good, but the fact it won't heat the car unless the engine has some residual heat isn't much of a selling point. I haven't deleted it off my phone yet in the hope it may improve drastically at some stage!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2015, 06:12 PM   #5
Sladester100
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 320d & G29 M40i First Edtn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomF32 View Post
Personally think this app is a bit of a waste of time. Tried a number of times and says connection isn't possible (and that's me on wifi and the car sitting outside). Remote ventilation would be good, but the fact it won't heat the car unless the engine has some residual heat isn't much of a selling point. I haven't deleted it off my phone yet in the hope it may improve drastically at some stage!
Mine works fine. Have you activated it all on connected drive login on bmw website?
Appreciate 0