F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Kafka's 328i Thread and Other Miscellaneous Debris
Extreme Powerhouse
Closed Thread

04-10-2018, 05:33 PM   #133
Kafkaesque328
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_NSX View Post

$150,000 a year salary sweating a $400 car payment? Wow......
Spoken like a poor man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWtight2me View Post
Kafka’s Jetta Thread and Other Mis...
And there he is. My own personal troll, followed me from Bimmerfest. How is the riciest 320i ever coming along? Have you saved up enough for the purple ground effects yet?

Past: 2014 Black 320i | Sport Pkg | BMS Stage 1
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2018, 06:20 PM   #134
LMK5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 330i Imperial Bloo

Gentlemen!
Appreciate 1
sr5959137.50
      04-10-2018, 07:43 PM   #135
Fuller
Major
Rep
Drives: F36 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr5959 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafkaesque328 View Post
I would definitely go with the C400 vs. a 4 banger gran coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
How about a car equipped with the adaptive m sport suspension? Place it into comfort mode and enjoy a comfortable ride, or put it into sport to stiffen the suspension when you find yourself on a twisty back road.
Maybe if I bought CPO but 99% of 3 series on dealer lots don't come with adaptive suspension unless you get up into the loaded 340i etc. Because 99% of people who get cars off dealer lots don't care about adaptive suspension. It would be nice to have for sure but Id have to special order and then there goes my poor man's $350 a month 330i. Just not gonna happen. You never get the deals on special orders that you get on snatching up a year old 3 series lot lizard they desperately want to move.
I've read conflicting reports on how good the DHP is...I think the best compromise for F Series cars is the Sport suspension on good non-run flats.
In the context of the f36, I think the dhp offers a night and day difference from the base f30 suspension and steering. I haven't driven an f32/36 with base suspension though, or an f30 with msport, so I can't be certain how much perceived difference in handling results from improvements inherent in the 4 series platform, and how much can be attributed to just the msport suspension. Even comfort mode in the f36 feels better than sport in the f30 with base suspension (both pre-lci).

Anyway, I mentioned the adaptive suspension because the op had commented that the standard msport suspension can be uncomfortable on many roads in his area, but yet it performs well on the occasional twisty backroad. In that case, the adaptive suspension is a good fit. That said, it can be hard to find cars with the adaptive suspension when shopping on a strict budget - being limited to what the local dealerships are trying to move.

In that case I'd have a hard time going back to the base f30 suspension. I could live with the stiff suspension on shitty roads. I usually have the car in sport/sport+ anyway. I can't speak, though, for those with back issues, very long commutes, or other circumstances that can make cars with sport tuned suspensions exhausting.

My experience with the base suspension was on a pre-lci f30 though. The lci cars are supposed to have a better base suspension and steering feel. I haven't driven one yet, so I can't offer my opinion on whether that's true, but if it is, getting a 330/340i with the base suspension might be perfectly fine.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread