F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Classifieds > OEM 405m 20" refurbished alloys for sale with tyres
GetBMWParts

11-08-2016, 07:37 AM   #23
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435i MS

Hi guys,

The sale of these is now on hold as I have a potential buyer.

If anything changes at the weekend I'll keep you all informed.

Last edited by fortythirtyfive; 11-10-2016 at 05:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2016, 04:09 PM   #24
JOE YOUNG
SEAL TEAM SIX
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 E90 E84 F30 X3G01 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by producerlawson View Post
I'm a little confused as to what you mean by that way.

The 405m finish is diamond cut - the place that refurbed them for me did an ok job, but then the lacquer cracked because it wasn't dried properly, so they took another attempt at it for me (started from scratch for some reason) and messed up, the colour and finish is off as you can tell.. though I seem to be seeing a lot of people spraying them this gun metal colour now. The garage that did it wanted another go but I refused to let them near them again considering they're £3k alloys.
This is what I mean...

"There's an over lip on one, if it really bothers you then you might want to dremel it down, but after talking to BMW about it; it turned out to be the valve that was loose and not related to the lip (they tightened it up for me and solved that issue).

Ironically the worse of the problems happen to all be on one wheel. You can see the outer edge that hasn't been shaved off with a dremel yet (this also is the area that needs some extra lacquer spraying on as you can see it's been missed)."

Last edited by JOE YOUNG; 11-10-2016 at 05:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2016, 05:12 AM   #25
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE YOUNG View Post
This what I mean...

"There's an over lip on one, if it really bothers you then you might want to dremel it down, but after talking to BMW about it; it turned out to be the valve that was loose and not related to the lip (they tightened it up for me and solved that issue).

Ironically the worse of the problems happen to all be on one wheel. You can see the outer edge that hasn't been shaved off with a dremel yet (this also is the area that needs some extra lacquer spraying on as you can see it's been missed)."
I was mentioning that one of the edges has a small lip that hasn't been shaved off. When they diamond cut they get left with an edging on everything (because they are cutting into the alloy) and it never got taken off.

The second paragraph is me mentioning that the worse of problems all fall on one of the wheels overall. The area on that wheel that I just mentioned above is also an area that is in need of some lacquer.
      11-12-2016, 04:10 AM   #26
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

These are now sold - they were collected this morning.
Appreciate 0