F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > Canadian F30
proTUNING Freaks

04-11-2012, 10:45 PM   #155
RASHID007
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 535d X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashbmw View Post
you guys have lot of patience...I've been enjoying my 335i for over a month now!! I find my stock suspension on sport line just fine. but it could be me.
Do you have any photos of your stock suspension 335i?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 12:27 AM   #156
Wild M
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M SuperCharged

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuds View Post
So rear park distance control is still included with the sport line. Enhanced bluetooth allows you to stream music via bluetooth while standard USB requires you to hook up to a USB cable, but both allow you to use voice commands for phone calls and both provide the same iPod scrolling ability through drive.

Tell me if any of that is wrong.

Also....M adaptive suspension...what the hell does it do? Why is it better then the standard suspension and/or the sport suspension?
Rear park distance control (code 507) comes with the premium package (code ZWP) on the 335i.

On the streaming, iPod scrolling, and voice control, I'm not sure of all of the subtleties yet since I don't have my car. I am led to believe that voice control (speech recognition) is there for either 6NH or 6NL, but I couldn't tell from the literature. 6NH is now standard, while 6NL is an option. What they say about 6NH is that it has:
- playback of audio files via the audio system for devices connected through the USB connection
-operation of the USB device via the radio controls or multi-function steering wheel
- wireless hands-free connection for compatible Bluetooth mobile phones.
What they say about option 6NL is that it has:
- all of the functionality of 6NH
- eject box located in the centre armrest to accommodate a snap-in adapter from BMW Accessories
-operation of USB device via iDrive controller, favorites buttons or voice control
- BMW Assist with 1 year safety and security subscription.

From this, I conclude that 6NH does not support operation of USB device via iDrive controller.

Adaptive M suspension has an electrical connection to the suspension to adjust the damping, with different damping for the different driving modes (softer ride with COMFORT, stiffer ride with SPORT). Although I haven't seen any definitive statements in support, some people are saying that the adaptive M suspension is slightly stiffer ride that the passive M sport suspension (code 704).
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 12:32 AM   #157
Wild M
Private
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RASHID007 View Post
Thank you, that is very helpful.

I am led to understand (by the dealer) that perhaps when my car arrives I can have the passive suspension fitted at the dealership for the same $400. Is that true?
I wouldn/t know, but understanding the standard hourly rate for service, I'd be surprised if they would change your springs for stiffer ones, adjust the shock dampening and lower the body for $400. Let us know how it works out for you.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 12:38 AM   #158
Wild M
Private
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspartan View Post
Now this is very interesting. I'll have to see if they'll correct that on the invoice before my car gets here.
They corrected mine. Their system must have been upgraded to correct this oversight a few weeks ago. When I ordered the car, there was just one option 508 at $900. When they looked at my configuration recently, it indicated incompatible options selected. The error message disappeared when they selected the correct 508 option (with premium package) at $450.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 12:47 AM   #159
Wild M
Private
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild M View Post
Rear park distance control (code 507) comes with the premium package (code ZWP) on the 335i.

On the streaming, iPod scrolling, and voice control, I'm not sure of all of the subtleties yet since I don't have my car. I am led to believe that voice control (speech recognition) is there for either 6NH or 6NL, but I couldn't tell from the literature. 6NH is now standard, while 6NL is an option. What they say about 6NH is that it has:
- playback of audio files via the audio system for devices connected through the USB connection
-operation of the USB device via the radio controls or multi-function steering wheel
- wireless hands-free connection for compatible Bluetooth mobile phones.
What they say about option 6NL is that it has:
- all of the functionality of 6NH
- eject box located in the centre armrest to accommodate a snap-in adapter from BMW Accessories
-operation of USB device via iDrive controller, favorites buttons or voice control
- BMW Assist with 1 year safety and security subscription.

From this, I conclude that 6NH does not support operation of USB device via iDrive controller.

Adaptive M suspension has an electrical connection to the suspension to adjust the damping, with different damping for the different driving modes (softer ride with COMFORT, stiffer ride with SPORT). Although I haven't seen any definitive statements in support, some people are saying that the adaptive M suspension is slightly stiffer ride that the passive M sport suspension (code 704).
I forgot to list some of the functions of 6NL in my last post. 6NL also includes:
- BMW mobile office
- Bluetooth audio streaming
- album cover art display
- user can update the vehicle software to be compatible with select future devices and telephones
- second microphone for passenger for improved hands-free capability
- possibility to pair 2 mobile phones + 1 audio player simultaneously using Bluetooth
- separate SIM card for BMW telematics integrated into the vehicle. Includes emergency call button.

What might be of interest above is the ability to update the software for new devices. It would seem you only get this capability with this option, not the standard 6NH.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 01:11 AM   #160
PrinceBarin
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 CP (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild M
All correct.

Regarding the stiffer settings for Adaptive M Sport, the rationale is that owners of passive Sport suspension have to live with it all the time so it runs slightly softer than the Sport setting for the Adaptive M Sport suspension.

I really feel for you guys on this because the information available over there is, frankly, rubbish. If it's any consolation, we don't get M Sports suspension (passive or adaptive) as standard in the UK either, even on the Sports Line. And, presuming it would be too firm with the RFTs I didn't add it as an option to my build. I just hope the standard suspension will be OK.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 07:22 AM   #161
Raspartan
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Quote:
They corrected mine. Their system must have been upgraded to correct this oversight a few weeks ago. When I ordered the car, there was just one option 508 at $900. When they looked at my configuration recently, it indicated incompatible options selected. The error message disappeared when they selected the correct 508 option (with premium package) at $450.
Thanks for the tip! I'll send my sales guy an email today to inquire about this.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 07:24 AM   #162
jtuds
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335rwd Dinan S2

Quote:
I forgot to list some of the functions of 6NL in my last post. 6NL also includes:
- BMW mobile office
- Bluetooth audio streaming
- album cover art display
- user can update the vehicle software to be compatible with select future devices and telephones
- second microphone for passenger for improved hands-free capability
- possibility to pair 2 mobile phones + 1 audio player simultaneously using Bluetooth
- separate SIM card for BMW telematics integrated into the vehicle. Includes emergency call button.

What might be of interest above is the ability to update the software for new devices. It would seem you only get this capability with this option, not the standard 6NH.
I find it odd that without 6NL, you could scroll songs in your iPod using the steering wheel controls or the audio buttons on the centre stack, but not the drive wheel. Those things seem to be so integrated as a standard feature that I can't help but the ink BMW has purposely disabled the drive wheel functionality and wants you to buy another option package for them to reconnect it.

Everything would show on the screen anyway, but they've chosen to make in inconvenient by taking away one method of selecting songs unless you pay.

That's an assumption of course, but I just don't see why, if control of the technological features is centered around the drive wheel, they would take one thing and make you pay to use drive to do it.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 12:40 PM   #163
Raspartan
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
More confusion. So I sent my sales guy an email but he wasn't familiar with this change. Do you have a copy of your invoice?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #164
Wild M
Private
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspartan View Post
More confusion. So I sent my sales guy an email but he wasn't familiar with this change. Do you have a copy of your invoice?
Yes, it now says "508 - Park Distance Control w ZWP" for $450. When I was at the dealership, I saw their screen and I saw check boxes for both 508 options, with and without premium package.

Just to confirm, we are talking about a 335i with premium package plus option 508.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 03:42 PM   #165
Raspartan
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Yes, it now says "508 - Park Distance Control w ZWP" for $450. When I was at the dealership, I saw their screen and I saw check boxes for both 508 options, with and without premium package.

Just to confirm, we are talking about a 335i with premium package plus option 508.
Yes, we're talking about the same thing. However my sales guy claims he doesn't know anything about it, and neither does anyone at the dealership. He's making some inquiries however, so maybe this will be figured out soon. Would you object to sending me a scan or photo of your invoice?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #166
bosz
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 335i Ordered

So I dont get it, if I get Premium Package on 335i, will i get both front and rear PDC or is there an extra $450 charge for the front ones?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #167
RASHID007
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 535d X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosz
So I dont get it, if I get Premium Package on 335i, will i get both front and rear PDC or is there an extra $450 charge for the front ones?
There is an extra $450 charge for front. Premium package only includes rear.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #168
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Quote:

Quote:
I find it odd that without 6NL, you could scroll songs in your iPod using the steering wheel controls or the audio buttons on the centre stack, but not the drive wheel. Those things seem to be so integrated as a standard feature that I can't help but the ink BMW has purposely disabled the drive wheel functionality and wants you to buy another option package for them to reconnect it.
I also find this odd, as I only have 6NH (2010 335i) and *am* able to control any USB via the iDrive controller. (I do it all the time)

Did they take away this functionality??

Thanks Wild M btw. Very useful info.
      04-12-2012, 09:07 PM   #169
jtuds
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
I also find this odd, as I only have 6NH (2010 335i) and *am* able to control any USB via the iDrive controller. (I do it all the time)

I think it makes sense that what you have should be in the f30....I have a problem if it was removed and made an option considering this functionality it becoming the standard across all vehicles in all segments.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 09:17 PM   #170
Wild M
Private
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post

Well, as I said, I don't have my car yet, so I can only go by what I read. Maybe what is written is misleading and all is well. Let's wait and see.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 08:40 AM   #171
jtuds
Major
Canada
Rep

Just a question....with all the American buyers talking about what they paid above invoice...does anyone know where we can get invoice pricing info in Canada?

I know Carcostcanada claims to have invoice prices as well as info about factory to dealer incentives that dealerships may hold back...but Carcostcanada wants $40 and if the info they have is right, that's a good price..has anyone used them or any other similar services for a Canadian purchase?

A guy on Bimmerfest who recently got ED for a 328 said he was able to pay $1500 above the ED invoice price...according to autocheatsheet.com, if you pay 4% above invoice, that's considered fair profit....$1500 on a car the price of a 328 is even less than 4%.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 09:27 AM   #172
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuds
Just a question....with all the American buyers talking about what they paid above invoice...does anyone know where we can get invoice pricing info in Canada?

I know Carcostcanada claims to have invoice prices as well as info about factory to dealer incentives that dealerships may hold back...but Carcostcanada wants $40 and if the info they have is right, that's a good price..has anyone used them or any other similar services for a Canadian purchase?

A guy on Bimmerfest who recently got ED for a 328 said he was able to pay $1500 above the ED invoice price...according to autocheatsheet.com, if you pay 4% above invoice, that's considered fair profit....$1500 on a car the price of a 328 is even less than 4%.
Go to unhaggle.com!!!

They will give you the invoice price of ur build for free. I did that and now know what I should be paying.

Just to let you know, you can easily get $1000 over invoice here in Canada. I'm getting slightly better than that.

Just do the research...
      04-13-2012, 09:36 AM   #173
Wild M
Private
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

I found the wholesale pricing in the "2012 BMW 3 series e-brochure (pre launch)" pdf document that the dealer gave me. I think you can also get the information online without spending $40. For example, at unhaggle.com. There may be other sites as well. I seem to remember doing a cross check between the numbers in the pdf file from the dealer and an online site, but I can't remember which site I used.

I did get a reasonable discount when I purchased, but not as good as some have reported in the US. Then again, I didn't push too hard either, given that the car was just introduced.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 06:05 PM   #174
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep

Does anyone know that BMW Open Road has just been bought out and now has a new owner...

What does this mean to potential buyers?
      04-13-2012, 09:06 PM   #175
jtuds
Major
Canada
Rep

335 invoice price info.....this is from unhaggle.com as recommended above. Figured this is as good a place as any to present the info and save ppl time.

Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 10:05 PM   #176
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuds
335 invoice price info.....this is from unhaggle.com as recommended above. Figured this is as good a place as any to present the info and save ppl time.

Yup! It's a great site and helps you get 5 free invoice price statements every month.

I'd like to also add the 328i Invoice price is $40,110...

Work your way UP from the invoice price and NOT down from MSRP!