F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > iPod interface
GetBMWParts

05-08-2013, 05:13 PM   #1
Jbrock22
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2pw

Garage List
BMW   [0.00]
iPod interface

Is it only me. I find the I drive/iPod OS frustrating. I am using a first generation iPod touch.
When I get back into the car the iPod sometimes starts at the last song played, sometimes it starts shows "BMW iPod" and to list all the music you need to go to new search, all selections etc etc. then first song on the list. The engineer who thought up this interface is not too bright. Any help out there?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 05:23 PM   #2
1bad335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 335I/ 2012 335I sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbrock22 View Post
Is it only me. I find the I drive/iPod OS frustrating. I am using a first generation iPod touch.
When I get back into the car the iPod sometimes starts at the last song played, sometimes it starts shows "BMW iPod" and to list all the music you need to go to new search, all selections etc etc. then first song on the list. The engineer who thought up this interface is not too bright. Any help out there?
I have the 4th gen Ipod and have none of those issues. Could be the early gen Ipod does not give you full capabilities. Mine actually show up as my Ipod under my name. It has all features such as songs search, artist, albums even my own play list.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2013, 09:46 AM   #3
OC40
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i MSport + MPS/MPPK

Garage List
2013 MINI S  [0.00]
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbrock22 View Post
I have the 4th gen Ipod and have none of those issues. Could be the early gen Ipod does not give you full capabilities. Mine actually show up as my Ipod under my name. It has all features such as songs search, artist, albums even my own play list.
Had issues with my early iPod classic. Switched to a 7th gen iPod nano and have not had any issues since. Old tech items lose their compatibility pretty quick.
Appreciate 0