F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Ordering an F30 328i
Studio RSR

12-11-2011, 01:14 PM   #23
Awperator
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByE30 View Post
So?? Any status on your Order (OP)?
Production has begun on my BMW!

I got all of the items in the original post (premium, xenon, cold weather, sport, with black sapphire metallic exterior and leader dakota black/red highlight interior).

Dealer says it should be here end of February/first of march, so I'm playing the waiting game now.

Does anyone know if folding mirrors comes standard or with the premium package? Dealer rep didn't know that, but assumed it was so with the dimming mirrors.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 02:07 PM   #24
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awperator View Post
Production has begun on my BMW!

I got all of the items in the original post (premium, xenon, cold weather, sport, with black sapphire metallic exterior and leader dakota black/red highlight interior).

Dealer says it should be here end of February/first of march, so I'm playing the waiting game now.

Does anyone know if folding mirrors comes standard or with the premium package? Dealer rep didn't know that, but assumed it was so with the dimming mirrors.
WHAT!!!!!!!!

When was your car ordered? holy shit, its in production??? damn, your lucky...still dont know why it takes 10 weeks to build a car an ship it.
      12-11-2011, 04:31 PM   #25
Awperator
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
WHAT!!!!!!!!

When was your car ordered? holy shit, its in production??? damn, your lucky...still dont know why it takes 10 weeks to build a car an ship it.
I ordered it this past Monday 12/5/11. It's on step 1 on bmwusa.com where you "track my bmw", and I have a production number associated with it! Very excited, can't wait to get it!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 05:48 PM   #26
justinnum1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awperator View Post
I ordered it this past Monday 12/5/11. It's on step 1 on bmwusa.com where you "track my bmw", and I have a production number associated with it! Very excited, can't wait to get it!
Oh, i thought your car was in production. My car also says step 1 but that just means they received the order. I ordered 12/2 and i expect the car to enter production sometime in jauary with a late feb, early march delivery.
      12-11-2011, 06:03 PM   #27
stampchez
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is

Do they show production codes on the website or do you have to call for them?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 08:38 AM   #28
Awperator
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampchez View Post
Do they show production codes on the website or do you have to call for them?
They show it on the website, check out this image. It's located in the darker grey box.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 11:34 AM   #29
Shuttlegoose
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f30 328, e36 m3

Would corona rings come with the sports package without xenons? It seems the the base without premium or xenons does not even have corona rings, but all of the lines seem to have corona rings at least. If I could get the sport without xenons but still get corona rings this could prevent me from having to get the premium package. Anyone have any insight?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 12:50 PM   #30
bmrm396
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuttlegoose View Post
Would corona rings come with the sports package without xenons? It seems the the base without premium or xenons does not even have corona rings, but all of the lines seem to have corona rings at least. If I could get the sport without xenons but still get corona rings this could prevent me from having to get the premium package. Anyone have any insight?
gotta get a 335 for corona rings to be standard ... otherwise with the 328, doesnt matter what line you get, they need to be ordered as a separate line item
      12-12-2011, 01:08 PM   #31
Shuttlegoose
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrm396 View Post
Quote:
gotta get a 335 for corona rings to be standard ... otherwise with the 328, doesnt matter what line you get, they need to be ordered as a separate line item
Thanks for the clarification! Appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 01:42 PM   #32
iwannabimmer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda6s grand touring

Quote:
Are you sure about that? I'm not convinced that is the case. 328 with any line selected looks to have corona rings. Only the base car's headlight seem different.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 02:07 PM   #33
Shuttlegoose
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannabimmer View Post
Quote:
Are you sure about that? I'm not convinced that is the case. 328 with any line selected looks to have corona rings. Only the base car's headlight seem different.
Maybe south can chime in?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 04:01 PM   #34
bmrm396
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
look at the standard equip. 522 - xenon headlights (require -ZPP) $900 on the 328. standard on 335

Trust me, it does not come as part of any line but is an additional required cost for luxury and modern. Xenon comes as part of the ZPP package (which is required on modern and sport lines) which all the cars uve seen are equipped with ... so to break it down thats modern/luxury line + ZPP = xenons

OR u can just do the stand alone option at $900

if im not mistaken
      12-12-2011, 05:42 PM   #35
Shuttlegoose
First Lieutenant
Rep

I'm not quite sure modern or luxury includes xenons plus the requirement of premium without having to add on the xenons as an option.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 05:58 PM   #36
justinnum1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I'm not quite sure modern or luxury includes xenons plus the requirement of premium without having to add on the xenons as an option.
i think the modern and luxury requie ZPP...so then it would only cost $950 for the xenons.
      12-12-2011, 06:04 PM   #37
bmrm396
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
they require ZPP and so does Xenons. so either way, the bigger point is that u need ZPP to get xenons (apparently)
      12-12-2011, 09:04 PM   #38
iwannabimmer
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
look at the standard equip. 522 - xenon headlights (require -ZPP) $900 on the 328. standard on 335

Trust me, it does not come as part of any line but is an additional required cost for luxury and modern. Xenon comes as part of the ZPP package (which is required on modern and sport lines) which all the cars uve seen are equipped with ... so to break it down thats modern/luxury line + ZPP = xenons

OR u can just do the stand alone option at $900

if im not mistaken
But there is no difference in the headlights structure between Sport, Modern or Luxury line......with or without ZPP/Xenons. So there are corona rings. The question is what light they illuminate.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 09:15 PM   #39
justinnum1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
But there is no difference in the headlights structure between Sport, Modern or Luxury line......with or without ZPP/Xenons. So there are corona rings. The question is what light they illuminate.
huh? pretty sure there are no carona rings on the halogens. Its a whole different headlight unit...they are not xenon projectors
      12-12-2011, 09:22 PM   #40
Shuttlegoose
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
huh? pretty sure there are no carona rings on the halogens. Its a whole different headlight unit...they are not xenon projectors
yeah were gonna need to know this lol. I think they wouldn't jeopardize the look of the lines without coronas. But maybe they are willing to on the 328s, who knows.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 12:09 AM   #41
iwannabimmer
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
So far based on images posted, only the base car has different headlight unit that clearly shows no corona rings. Once a Line is selected the headlight unit changes to include corona rings.

As I said before, the question is what light is illuminated from these corona rings. Clearly, with Xenons, the rings are just like on the F10 (LED corona rings?). What are the corona rings like without Xenons? Would they still be like on F10 (LED corona rings?) or would they be like on the current E90s?

I guess we will know only once the car is at dealer lots. Unfortunately, I suspect that all F30s at dealer lots in my area will have ZPP and Xenons, especially in the beginning.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 07:39 AM   #42
justinnum1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
So far based on images posted, only the base car has different headlight unit that clearly shows no corona rings. Once a Line is selected the headlight unit changes to include corona rings.

As I said before, the question is what light is illuminated from these corona rings. Clearly, with Xenons, the rings are just like on the F10 (LED corona rings?). What are the corona rings like without Xenons? Would they still be like on F10 (LED corona rings?) or would they be like on the current E90s?

I guess we will know only once the car is at dealer lots. Unfortunately, I suspect that all F30s at dealer lots in my area will have ZPP and Xenons, especially in the beginning.
Really? i ordered Sportline without ZPP...i am not expecting carona rings, but if they are there(led or not) that would be fucking awesome...would love to get confirmation on this.
      12-13-2011, 08:53 AM   #43
Shuttlegoose
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Really? i ordered Sportline without ZPP...i am not expecting carona rings, but if they are there(led or not) that would be fucking awesome...would love to get confirmation on this.
Let us know if you hear anything. I don't see BMW putting ugly base lights on one of their lines, I do however see those not coming with xenons, which would be acceptable I guess. Even though a 30k car should have xenons standard like every other luxury car...
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 09:30 AM   #44
justinnum1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Let us know if you hear anything. I don't see BMW putting ugly base lights on one of their lines, I do however see those not coming with xenons, which would be acceptable I guess. Even though a 30k car should have xenons standard like every other luxury car...
I do lol...they prob just expect people to get ZPP and then just add xenon. There was a pick of a 328 with halogens on a flatbed truck. if i find it i will post it