F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Deal offered versus deal I want
ARMA SPEED

05-31-2013, 08:57 PM   #23
phx08
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MKV Jetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalls90 View Post
This app is sick everyone should download
Bought it too!...awesome stuff
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2013, 09:18 PM   #24
Haris
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 BMW M4

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by phx08 View Post
Bought it too!...awesome stuff
Thanks guys!! About to push out version 1.2 in few days with a new custom calculator keypad and ability to use rebates/trade-in towards drive-off. Sorry for thread jacking but here is a quick screen shot:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 12:14 AM   #25
KroLeXz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3

just bought the app as well haris, good job.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 02:09 AM   #26
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
For example, I bought a 1993 318i new and let it go in 2007.

But I understand different people have different priorities. .
14 yrs in a 20lb/hp car.... Wow... Yea different priorities for sure!

OP you need to negotiate harder. I don't get why you are starting our bid at over invoice. Start at $2000 under invoice.

Truecar.com has dealers that offer $500 under as their opening bid on the 328 so better deals are out there.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 02:24 AM   #27
Steve33
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravennole View Post
Even with 800 over invoice, increased mf and a high acquisition fee, with using 7 msd's I calculated by mf would be .00088 and my payment is 440. He plugged in the same numbers and got 465. I want to add sat radio and not get premium package so it will be added at the dealer for roughly 400. I am going to tell him with satellite radio I will do it for 0 down and 450 a month. I think that's fair as there is plenty of profit in there with that deal. He says there is not wiggle room and he gives a take it or leave it price.

Are my numbers correct and am I being unreasonable here? It's the end of the model year and even though this will be a custom order he is selling a late model car, making a profit and locking in a 24 year old who makes good money and is a BMW loyalist who could conceivably role 3 year leases for the next 2 decades
You're 24... having a BMW that was made before you got your license doesn't show you're a loyalist. Also, if you haven't leased in the past 8 years, why do you think they'll believe you'll re-lease in the future? You're still a high risk customer whether you make good money or not (due to short credit history). I'm considered high risk as well, but I'm also buying and financing the bare minimum to get the recent grad discount and paying it off after 6 months. I know you're trying to get a good deal, but you also are coming off as a P.I.T.A.

If the $15 or $25 a month or whatever you'll end up paying is such a huge deal, maybe you aren't making the good money you think you are?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
OP you need to negotiate harder. I don't get why you are starting our bid at over invoice. Start at $2000 under invoice.

Truecar.com has dealers that offer $500 under as their opening bid on the 328 so better deals are out there.
Why would dealers offer less than it costs them?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 08:27 AM   #28
Pauleebe
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Inbetween BMW's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve33 View Post
You're 24... having a BMW that was made before you got your license doesn't show you're a loyalist. Also, if you haven't leased in the past 8 years, why do you think they'll believe you'll re-lease in the future? You're still a high risk customer whether you make good money or not (due to short credit history). I'm considered high risk as well, but I'm also buying and financing the bare minimum to get the recent grad discount and paying it off after 6 months. I know you're trying to get a good deal, but you also are coming off as a P.I.T.A.

If the $15 or $25 a month or whatever you'll end up paying is such a huge deal, maybe you aren't making the good money you think you are?

I'm 22. Won't take delivery until I'm 23. So I'm a little offended by that statement, but I think I understand where you are coming from.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 08:33 AM   #29
ravennole
Private
Rep
Drives: 2001 325 ci coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve33 View Post

Can I afford to pay 600/month for a car? Sure it wouldnt affect my life but why would I pay more for anything in life? Thats such a defeatist attitude. $900 over the term of a lease saved is flights and a hotel for 3 nights in vegas. Unless your a billionaire, not negotiating and getting a good deal is a terrible decision. I have 8 years of credit and have boosted my credit exponentially by getting a high limit amex and only using 10-20% of it and paying it in full each month. I am also doing MSDs for 3150 so there is 0 risk at all to BMW.

The dealer might pay invoice or they might pay lower. Either way, a dealer can offer 500 below invoice and charge 1500-2000 in separate fees. It doesnt matter. The dealer is going to make some profit on a deal. If the dealer is breaking even on something at 406, why on earth would I pay 465? He can make a profit at 430-440 and I can save 20-30/month which adds up over the term of a lease.

As a financial advisor, I dream of clients like you. As long as the product and service is good they dont care what they pay. Unfortunately, especially with the economy the way it is, people willing to pay full price for things just dont really exist today.

EDIT: Here is a good link for you on the "invoice"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...table/1749101/

Last edited by ravennole; 06-01-2013 at 08:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 10:59 AM   #30
E92Carrera
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
14 yrs in a 20lb/hp car.... Wow... Yea different priorities for sure!

Really $2k under invoice? I understand negotiating and putting in a lowball offer but come on. If you wanna spend your time starting at 2k under how many dealers do you think are going to spend time negotiating with you? You can get a very good deal by starting at $x (ex $500) over invoice and get things done a lot faster. For me I'd rather not spend time going from $2k under just to get to $500 over. But to each his own.

2011 E92 Space Gray - M-Sport - Euro Delivery

2008 E92 Black Sapphire - Black Interior - Aluminum Trim
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 12:36 PM   #31
Pauleebe
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Inbetween BMW's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Carrera View Post
Really $2k under invoice? I understand negotiating and putting in a lowball offer but come on. If you wanna spend your time starting at 2k under how many dealers do you think are going to spend time negotiating with you? You can get a very good deal by starting at $x (ex $500) over invoice and get things done a lot faster. For me I'd rather not spend time going from $2k under just to get to $500 over. But to each his own.
That's crazy. Some dealers with laugh at you at $500 over invoice. I can't imagine how many would respond to anything that far under invoice unless they are truly desperate.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 01:01 PM   #32
JasonX4MComp
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X4M Comp

Quote:
That's crazy. Some dealers with laugh at you at $500 over invoice. I can't imagine how many would respond to anything that far under invoice unless they are truly desperate.
Even if I was desperate I wouldn't respond to anything that ridiculous. If someone came in asking for $500 over invoice, I would do it depending on the car and if I had it in stock or an order
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 02:19 PM   #33
Steve33
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 SQ5

Quote:
I'm 22. Won't take delivery until I'm 23. So I'm a little offended by that statement, but I think I understand where you are coming from.
I'm 22, taking delivery while I'm 22. Be offended all you want.

Quote:
Can I afford to pay 600/month for a car? Sure it wouldnt affect my life but why would I pay more for anything in life? Thats such a defeatist attitude. $900 over the term of a lease saved is flights and a hotel for 3 nights in vegas. Unless your a billionaire, not negotiating and getting a good deal is a terrible decision. I have 8 years of credit and have boosted my credit exponentially by getting a high limit amex and only using 10-20% of it and paying it in full each month. I am also doing MSDs for 3150 so there is 0 risk at all to BMW.
There's a difference between negotiating and being a royal pain in the rear. Congrats, you've built credit since you were 16 somehow, apparently getting a parent to co-sign.

Quote:
The dealer might pay invoice or they might pay lower. Either way, a dealer can offer 500 below invoice and charge 1500-2000 in separate fees. It doesnt matter. The dealer is going to make some profit on a deal. If the dealer is breaking even on something at 406, why on earth would I pay 465? He can make a profit at 430-440 and I can save 20-30/month which adds up over the term of a lease.
If you're financing, of course they'll offer lower. The more you finance, the lower they'll go. But offering $2000 below invoice, that's just insulting. If you're like me and pay nearly all of it in cash, clearly you know they only make the TVM on the cash.

Oh by the way, just because a car is sitting outside on a lot, doesn't mean it doesn't cost them money. Dealership opex has to be accounted for somewhere, and it's not with them making next to nothing.

Quote:
As a financial advisor, I dream of clients like you. As long as the product and service is good they dont care what they pay. Unfortunately, especially with the economy the way it is, people willing to pay full price for things just dont really exist today.
I'm sure you dream of clients like me... ones that don't need your services. Who said anything about me not caring what I pay? Whether I need your financial services or not isn't really on topic so I'm just going to avoid this any further.

Quote:
QFT

Quote:
QFT #2
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 02:50 PM   #34
ravennole
Private
Rep

So I just finalized the deal today and will sign all the paperwork and finish it on monday as I had to run and we couldnt get everything done today

328i sport line
mineral grey with black leatherette with red highlights
red accent
aluminum trim
technology package
lighting package
satellite radio

MSRP was a tad above 45000 including the sat radio

They were at 466 without the satellite radio. I found out that the reason the deal wasnt making sense was because my CA had a dealer fee he did not know about built into his spreadsheet. I met with the finance manager and I laid out that with the increased MF and 800 over invoice they were getting more than enough. We knocked down the dealer fee completely and took the acquisition fee to 725.

Final lease came out to 0 down and 449.65 a month (got just under 450 so the 7 MSDs are 3150 instead of 3500) and I am happy with the deal. They are also going to give me a 100 dollar credit at the place they reco I tint my windows so it will cost me 40 dollars to tint my windows (not a dealmaker but icing on the cake).

It probably wont make f30post.com top 10 deal of the year list or anything like that but I am comfortable with the deal and I think I got a relatively good deal.

My main advice to people would be to get a deal your comfortable with. I spoke with my dad and a good friend of mine and decided that if I can get it under 450 to get the MSDs to 450 then I think its fair and I will do it.

I cannot wait to track this car throughout the process and drive it in two months!

Thanks to Harris and everything else in this thread and the other thread that helped me with all aspects of this lease. Teaching myself how the lease works and how different aspects are applied helped me get the deal I did and more importantly, gave me the understanding the be comfortable with the deal
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 03:45 PM   #35
phx08
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MKV Jetta

Not sure what was going on in the second page of the thread but...Glad we could help! My wife and I will be going through the same process for the 2014s so this was a nice warm up!

Last edited by phx08; 06-01-2013 at 03:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 05:11 PM   #36
Haris
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 BMW M4

Garage List
Congrats!! Glad we could help! Good luck with the wait if this was a custom order
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2013, 07:33 PM   #37
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
You should check out truecar.com and the distribution of transaction prices to see what the true spread is in your local market and nationally for a particular vehicle

If transaction price data suggests that level of discounting is feasible, I'm all about trying to achieve the deal for myself.. I'm not talking hypothetically here.. I'm sharing with the OP the process I used to get my deal.

Last edited by nicknaz; 06-03-2013 at 03:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 04:05 PM   #38
ravennole
Private
Rep

I just signed for my deal today. He said it is going to take 10 weeks from South Africa to get it as they are ramping down production to get ready for 2014. This is going to be a very long wait but it will be well worth it!

Edit: I own my current car so at least that's 10 weeks of no car payments! Trying to look at it glass half full

Last edited by ravennole; 06-03-2013 at 04:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 07:36 PM   #39
JasonX4MComp
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X4M Comp

Quote:
I just signed for my deal today. He said it is going to take 10 weeks from South Africa to get it as they are ramping down production to get ready for 2014. This is going to be a very long wait but it will be well worth it!

Edit: I own my current car so at least that's 10 weeks of no car payments! Trying to look at it glass half full
10 weeks? He's pretty optimistic on that. My experiences with SA cars has been quite a bit longer than that. Once took almost 5-6 months for a client to get their car in from SA. Hope it does take 10 for you though
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 08:56 PM   #40
ravennole
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason335iMsport View Post
10 weeks? He's pretty optimistic on that. My experiences with SA cars has been quite a bit longer than that. Once took almost 5-6 months for a client to get their car in from SA. Hope it does take 10 for you though
end of the year so I am assuming there isnt too much of a backlog. A lot of people probably waiting on 2014s. I should have my production # is 24-48 hours as I went over on my lunchbreak and was in a rush so he emailed me.

Its actually not a bad thing because my 2001 3 series needs some work and cleanup as I have not taken care of it like I should and i need to get everything in order for that car to sell it. Trying to figure out where, how and what to price it for. KBB says 5500 in fair condition but the interior is worn a tad and there are some problems with the radio so im thinking 5K. Its got 108000 miles but completely clean carfax (knock on wood) and runs very well
Appreciate 0