F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > [F34]Newbie questions
proTUNING Freaks

06-14-2014, 12:48 PM   #1
bn326160
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 2014 & 2018 F34, 2017 F48 -18d

[F34]Newbie questions

Hello everybody!
I love tweaking things I have (PSP, iPhone, PS3, TV Decoder, ...) and we recently bought a new (january) BMW 318d GT.

I've been reading into coding for a bit now and ordered an ENET Cable, found E-sys on TPB, but I'm still looking for the data files, so if someone could PM me download links, that would be great.

Let me introduce the car for you:
  • 2013/2014(?)
  • Business Navigation (so the smaller screen thing)
  • Connected Drive
  • Bluetooth carkit
  • Can read USB sticks, but not an iPhone

The main frustration we have is not being able to play music from our iPhones and have to remember to update an USB-stick.
Seriously BMW? A cheap Toyota can read iPhones or stream music over bluetooth.

So I discovered the next:
BMW Live would enable the A2DB profile on the iDrive, right? BMW Apps would be fun as well, but I doubt that would work on the Business Nav. Am I correct? (Funktionen -> CONNECTED_DRIVE, Funktionen->ONLINE_BROWSER_LIVE, ONLINE_BROWSER, ONLINE_SERVICES, ONLINE_SERVICES_GLS, TELEFON_TELEMATIK_ONLINE, 50->Funktionen->DUN_PROFILE, TELEFON_TELEMATIK_ONLINE, 50->Funktionen->PAN_PROFILE, TELEFON_TELEMATIK_ONLINE, 50->Funktionen->PAN_PROFILE, BT_DATA_SERVICE)

Will CE_DEVICE_SPEECH_RECONGNITION enable the feature to access Siri using a button on the iDrive/Steering wheel? Also on Business Nav?

And INBAND_RINGING might work as well then?

Extra's + questions:
  • RDC_Safety enables tire pressure and temperature. Does this mean we can read out the actual pressure instead of just an 'OK'? That would be nice.
  • FH_TUERAUF_STOP_MAUT I hate to hold the switch once the door is already open, it looks so dumb.
  • Would it be possible with ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN and KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB to close the windows when I lock the car? It feels a bit battery-draining for the fob when I have to hold the close key down to close the windows.
  • CLM_UNLOCK_KL15OFF_AFTER_PIA_AUTO_LOCK
  • BLINKZYKLEN_ANZAHL_TIPP Sounds handy, sometimes 3x is not enough.
  • Live traffic information, is it even possible to add this on Business Nav? The car has Connected Drive (sim card), so maybe? (NAVI_TRAFFIC_INFO_MAP, TI_CA_TMC, TI_TMC_REGIONAL, TI_VINFO, TI_FALLBACK_DISABLED)

Fun extra's:
  • EFF_DYN_SPORT_UNIT would also be fun to read out.
  • Sport+, what does it do? I know it's not a performant car, but I would like to try it, because why not? (LCMKOD_B_SPORTLENKUNG, Macro_fds, FDS_MENUE_TEXT_1/2/3/4 and FDS_MENUE_SIGNAL_1/2/3/4)
  • Sport Automatic, can this be enabled and provide launch control? (Sportschalter_alt, Sportschalter)
  • Launch Control (Applikation_LC)

So, are the things I want possible?
Mainly A2DP and tweaks.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2014, 11:28 PM   #2
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Lets start with your main goal, A2DP BT Streaming. This should be doable, although it has nothing to do with BMW Live functionality. See my post here:

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...65&postcount=9

Many of the other things you inquire about requires 609 Navigation Professional, and specifically the newer NBT version of it.

PM sent.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2014, 08:05 AM   #3
bn326160
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 2014 & 2018 F34, 2017 F48 -18d

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Lets start with your main goal, A2DP BT Streaming. This should be doable, although it has nothing to do with BMW Live functionality. See my post here:

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...65&postcount=9

Many of the other things you inquire about requires 609 Navigation Professional, and specifically the newer NBT version of it.

PM sent.
Wow, thanks! Now I can't wait until my cable arrives!
Appreciate 0