F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Did my dealer lie to me ?
proTUNING Freaks

12-28-2016, 02:19 PM   #1
Wunderboy123456
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 3 Series 328i x drive

All- I ran over a pothole on my 328xi drive 2015 with Pirelli 225/45/ R18 91V C1 run flats.

They are saying that tires were not covered under road hazard, but I called pirelli and they said that it was. Pirelli is willing to refund. they have asked me to call my dealer.

Do you think i overpaid for tires and rim? This was a sticker shock to me to be honest.

Also, don't they need to give me back my old rim? I didn't get it.

Thanks
Wundrboy
Attached Images

12-28-2016, 03:06 PM   #2
CIWS
Moon Parasite
United_States
Rep
Drives: F98 X4M Competition

Road hazard is covered by whichever company provides that protection on the tire. In this case it's Pirelli, not the dealership, BMW, or their wheel/tire protection. So you'll need to work through Pirelli to get any reimbursement for the cost of the tire. Make sure the dealership doesn't get rid of it until that's settled. Also yes the dealership should return that wheel to you since you have purchased another. But you should normally let them know when you drop the car off that you want the wheel / tire back. So don't wait to let them know you want them.

You're showing a screenshot of Tirerack. Did you buy the tires through them or are they what came on the car ?

2020 X4M Comp. (currently stock) - Was 2015 335 MSport -MPPK -Borla ATAK -Dinan Sport+ - E.R. Charge pipe / 2013 X1 35i Sport - Dinan tune / 2009 X6 50i Dinan badged
Appreciate 1
      12-28-2016, 03:46 PM   #3
Wunderboy123456
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
Road hazard is covered by whichever company provides that protection on the tire. In this case it's Pirelli, not the dealership, BMW, or their wheel/tire protection. So you'll need to work through Pirelli to get any reimbursement for the cost of the tire. Make sure the dealership doesn't get rid of it until that's settled. Also yes the dealership should return that wheel to you since you have purchased another. But you should normally let them know when you drop the car off that you want the wheel / tire back. So don't wait to let them know you want them.

You're showing a screenshot of Tirerack. Did you buy the tires through them or are they what came on the car ?
I got the tire from the dealer, but Pirelli told me that this is how it works. Basically the dealer needs to send in the claim form. Not the consumer. I just got a call back from the dealer and they have agreed to ship the tire and file a warranty claim. I will then follow up directly with Pirelli. The original tires came from the dealer.

They are also giving back my rim. I am assuming if the damage is not significant someone might be able to correct it and resuse?
      12-28-2016, 03:49 PM   #4
Wunderboy123456
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIWS View Post

Also, the dealer did not know that run flats come with road hazard warranty!!
      12-28-2016, 06:34 PM   #5
DTRJ
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 X4 M40I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunderboy123456 View Post
Also, the dealer did not know that run flats come with road hazard warranty!!
THE ONLY RUNFLATS THAT COME WITH A ROAD HAZARD WARRANTY ARE THE PIRELLI'S. i HAVE HAD TIRES REPLACED UNDER THE PIRELLI WARRANTY TWICE. THIS TIME AROUND I GOT CONTIS. NO WARRANY ON OEM TIRES
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2016, 07:23 PM   #6
Slickz
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 F82 M4

Yes you should be able to have the rim re-machined to look new again if you want or else you can just sell it to a company that will machine it to be re-sold.
Appreciate 1