F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > So, what car are you buying next?
Extreme Powerhouse

02-26-2013, 03:41 AM   #45
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmcgavock View Post
Their price has always been alright, we've always got 15%-20% discount minimum on cars we've bought and no other dealer around here seems to be interested in even matching that currently.

I always do my homework before buying

In regards to the other dealer, I think they we're just desperate to get orders. They even threw in all the wiring for the towbar! (Worth £700)
Result
      02-27-2013, 02:30 AM   #46
RobUK
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 340i MPPSK

Garage List
So very true that your choice of next car can be influenced a lot by the dealers.

Back in 2009 I was coming out of an Audi A3 - seriously unimpressed with how both my g/f and myself had been treated by Audi over the years, plus build quality really wasn't up to it and I hated the DSG gearbox so Audi was 100% off the list. Was actually on my way to look at a new Scirocco and the VW dealership was next door to BMW/Mini. Went into the BMW dealership just out of curiosity, went on a test drive (an E81 120d) liked it, bought it. No previous experience of owning a BMW but since then the dealership has been pretty good (well no major gaffs) so switched to the F30 when I got bored with the previous car.

Similar story with Lexus, bought an IS200 back in 2001 and the dealership were so good to me I traded up to an IS300 in 2003. Then in 2004 the dealership changed hands and pretty much all the staff bar the receptionist changed. The new bunch screwed me something rotten (to the point we went to court - and I won ) but I'd never buy a Lexus again.

My other half is the complete opposite! She's something of a petrolhead, loves fast cars and having two or three cars at once and when her heart is set on a particular car, that's what she has to have although if one particular dealership have been rogues, she has the good grace to pick another.

Life is a state of mind
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 04:25 AM   #47
Johnny5iv3
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 320i MSport EBII

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobUK View Post
So very true that your choice of next car can be influenced a lot by the dealers....
Totally agree with this!

3 years ago, me and my then Missus (now wife) needed a 2nd car whiles sharing my old MKV Golf GT. Had a few cars in mind including Audi A3, VW Scirocco and MKVI Golf and BMW E87. For some reason, I wanted to test drive the BMW first, really liked the car and was so impressed with the people at the dealership that I decided to just go for the E87 118d Sport and never looked back. 3 years down the line today, it was time to change to a bigger car due to the arrival of our Son, so now I'm collecting my new F30 M Sport on Saturday! The Audi A4 Avant did cross my might briefly, but that just wouldn't have felt right.

My next car will probably be not to replace the F30 but the old Golf MKV which my wife still uses and loves! She's been looking at a few choices, X3 and Q5 (but maybe too big for what we need at the moment when we already have my new F30), X1 and Q3 (again maybe still a bit of an overkill for our family size when we already have F30 and is paying extra for 4x4 really needed?), Another is the 1 series, A3, new golf or just go for a cheaper new Seat Leon. Probably another hatchback is more suited.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 05:42 PM   #48
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Not good, but guess it depends on the contact person??? I went there once to test drive a 3 series. Chap seemed very helpful, but car wasn't what I was looking for at the time.

I have corresponded with the Group Manager/MD and he did his best to correct my situation, so you know the management are customer focussed at least.
I had the 335D serviced there and they overcharged me and it took a real argument to convince them of their error. Then with the F31 I gave them really specific information on the quote I was looking for, what options, term etc, I spoke to them in person and then they took 2 weeks just to send a bog standard quote with none of the options. I had already ordered elsewhere by that point. I won't be using them for servicing even though they are local to me.

So what did happen to your car?
Appreciate 0