F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > (F30) Official MELBOURNE RED F30 Photo Thread
Extreme Powerhouse

04-08-2012, 03:54 PM   #45
blindmule
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 335i sport

(F30) Official MELBOURNE RED F30 Photo Thread

Had her one week. 335i sport, HK, Nav, Xenon, Comfort, Assist, Apps, Tint.
Have done about 600km. Starting to let the engine open up a bit now. Sound is amazing and power delivery is instant and near linear. Just a joy to drive. Look forward to the end of the day and weekends now. Not a bad way to start the day either.

Will get out to the track in a couple of weeks.

I really liked the 18" sport line rims. I think they have a raw look to them and IMO one of the best looking BMW rims in a while. Hence why I have them on the car. Runflats have come a long way, and not a bad tire but a weak point of the car. Easy fix though.

I have a set of PS2's 235 40ZR18 on order going on the stock rims. It will give a little more tire and I'm sure some FUN grip. Will post a review when I get them on.

The wait is worth it boys.....I had your pain but mine is over SUCKERS!!!.....sorry that was mean canadian are supposed to be nice
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2012, 10:26 PM   #46
Mason3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11.5 E92 M3 and '12 328i

Garage List
2012 BMW 328i  [9.34]
2011.5 BMW M3  [10.00]

The first of several mods are now complete. I like the wheels on this a lot. will look even better with the drop thats coming up!

Hope you like the (mediocre) pictures!

Mason

Attachment 672844

Attachment 672845
Attached Images

Akrapovic Evolution
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2012, 10:26 PM   #47
Mason3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11.5 E92 M3 and '12 328i

Garage List
2012 BMW 328i  [9.34]
2011.5 BMW M3  [10.00]

The first of several mods are now complete. I like the wheels on this a lot. will look even better with the drop thats coming up!

Hope you like the (mediocre) pictures!

Mason

Attachment 672844

Attachment 672845
Attached Images

Akrapovic Evolution
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 11:23 AM   #48
okolisr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 435i xDrive Msport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorwaytg1 View Post
The Melbourne red is interesting in that it look a dark deep red in low light and bordering on the orange in bright sunshine. I love it....
I really hope that BMW offers a different red in 2013. Please make sure that you see Melbourne red in person several times before you order it.

I truly wanted to buy a red F30 ever since the first spy photos came out, and I wanted to "love" Melbourne red based on the online photos. But when I finally saw it in person, I was SO disappointed. Melbourne red might look great in low light, but in any kind of daylight it is definitely an orangy red (fine if that's the color you want, but I was looking for RED). IRL Melbourne looks nothing like the beautiful "cherry red" you see in some of the online photos.

Why can't BMW do a better "medium" red? It seems like they only know VERY DARK reds (like damask red, barbera red, ruby red, calypso red, and Indianapolis red) or the "in your face" reds (like melbourne red, crimson red, imola red, and electric red). Vermillion red is the only thing BMW offers even close to a medium red, and it's OK, but I wish that it weren't quite so brownish.

I know that BMW's signature color is blue (because of the Bavarian thing), so their wide range of blues is spectacular and offers something for every taste. But please BMW, spend a little more time on your reds.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2012, 02:47 PM   #49
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: AMG C63s Coupe & F56 JCW

Seen this color at uk preview and was not 100% on it but with those first 20"" wheeels it's stunning, what size are the black with red one's
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2012, 01:40 PM   #50
thedonva
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Mini Clubman S

Tint / Aluminum trim vs. Black???

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmontic71 View Post
I love this car! The auto stop does in fact shudder a bit, but everything else is even better than I remember from the test drive! You can instantly feel a big difference when you go from ECO to COMFORT or SPORT.

I had posted on a few other threads, as I was confused as to which instrument cluster I would receive. As you can see, I got the extender cluster even though I did not order the Technology Package. My CA believes that this is due to ordering Premium Package (they had a Sport Line in the showroom w/o tech pkg or premium, and it had the regular cluster).
Love the car - looking at either the aluminum or black trim with red stitching. How does the aluminum look in person? Also, I see a lot of people went with a tint job vs. the shades you can buy - what does a tint run and do people recommend the dealer or aftermarket?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2012, 01:41 PM   #51
thedonva
Enlisted Member
Rep

Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 04:55 PM   #52
mikikuki7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Searching for X6M or M8

Talking (F30) Official MELBOURNE RED F30 Photo Thread

let me know what you guys think... I think it looks awesome! LOL
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 08:01 AM   #53
duleRichmond
Rep
Drives: Corolla

HELP Please

Hello everybody
I just ordered Luxury line in Melbourne red.I'm big fan of red color on "smaller" luxury sedans, and I like luxury line features,but never saw combination of these two,and I'm scared now that it's going to look bad.
Can somebody photoshop Luxury line in Melbourne red,side view if its possible please?? I'm thinking about mineral white or silver if red turns bad.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 08:34 AM   #54
okolisr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 435i xDrive Msport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by duleRichmond View Post
Hello everybody
I just ordered Luxury line in Melbourne red. I'm big fan of red color on "smaller" luxury sedans, and I like luxury line features,but never saw combination of these two,and I'm scared now that it's going to look bad.
I saw a luxury-line F30 in Melbourne red at my dealer and it looked fine -- from the outside. Unfortunately this car was customer-ordered with a saddle brown interior, and the color combination looked HORRID!

Just make sure you stick with either black or beige for the interior. Even BMW recommends avoiding the Melbourne-red/saddle-brown combination in their F30 brochure color chart.

Last edited by okolisr; 05-04-2012 at 09:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 11:21 AM   #55
thatsagoodpoint
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 3

I saw a luxury-line F30 in Melbourne red at my dealer and it looked fine -- from the outside. Unfortunately this car was customer-ordered with a saddle brown interior, and the color combination looked HORRID!

Just make sure you stick with either black or beige for the interior. Even BMW recommends avoiding the Melbourne-red/saddle-brown combination in their F30 brochure color chart.
===========

Look at my sig, that's basically what I want. Black interior.
      05-04-2012, 01:02 PM   #56
duleRichmond
Rep

Yes I got Beige interior...I found this pic online and I'm not that amazed...It looks different than I thought...Just to many color differences between chrome,red and black details...I liked combination of chrome details and red color on Audi A4 and I thought that is going to look nice on F30...What do you guys think? My wife also likes Mineral white better on luxury line
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 07:46 AM   #57
thedonva
Enlisted Member
Rep

For the Lux line I think Min White, Min Grey, or Imperial Blue look the best. I'd stay away from the red, I think it is the best color for the sports line although I like grey for that as well. I believe there is a threat where people post pics of their car - you should look there.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 03:58 PM   #58
mikikuki7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Searching for X6M or M8

Talking

well, here are the new pics!!!

Just washed...

guess what?!! One wheel has a little bent, sooooooo I hope BMW can exchange it or something, the steering wheel is shaking a lot... enjoy

and of course!!!

gotta love the interior! haha

Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #59
BMW4Evr67
Rep
Drives: e90 sedan

your car is amazing. i never thought i'd want to buy a red car, but red just really suits the F30 so well. i think its one of the best colors for the F30
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 11:29 PM   #60
duleRichmond
Rep

Actually I changed color today to Mineral White....Red is my favorite color, but I wanted luxury line so bad, but red doesn't fit that good...Just think that white look better on luxury line.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 07:00 AM   #61
thedonva
Enlisted Member
Rep

duleRichmond - How did the Lux drive? I drove a sport model and love the wheels on that car plus I really want paddle shifters. However the sport comes with summer tires so I'll have to swap those out right away - I suppose I can sell them. I am also concerned that the sport model's suspension will be harsher. Just curious if I speck out a Lux with variable steering if it will handle as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 09:53 AM   #62
duleRichmond
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonva View Post
duleRichmond - How did the Lux drive? I drove a sport model and love the wheels on that car plus I really want paddle shifters. However the sport comes with summer tires so I'll have to swap those out right away - I suppose I can sell them. I am also concerned that the sport model's suspension will be harsher. Just curious if I speck out a Lux with variable steering if it will handle as well.
It drives similar just luxury line is a bit "softer" with bumps and there is no sport+ option ... I personally don't like sport seats and sport line interior so that's why I got Luxury line
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 02:21 PM   #63
homieG
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F

really like it in this color!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 11:03 PM   #64
BMW4Evr67
Rep
Drives: e90 sedan

awesome!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 11:21 AM   #65
Captain America
Rep
Drives: 335d Jet Black-Premium-Sport

I've been trying to talk myself out of Melbourne, but it isn't working. Is having a red car really that bad like people try to make you believe? Obviously it's easier to see but do you really get ticketed more often?
      05-30-2012, 04:31 PM   #66
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

F30 328i Luxury Line, Melbourne Red / Dakota Beige Leather with Walnut trim,
Premium, Tech, Window shades, Heated front seats, Fold-down rear seats, PDC/Reverse Camera, Xenon lights, and Assist.

I think the color is amazing. The color changes character dramatically with changes in light. It goes from a red/orange to a deep red depending on the amount and angle of the light.

Here are a few pictures; not the greatest quality (I only have a little point-n-shoot camera) and nothing that hasn't already been posted a hundred times already. Digital cameras just don't seem to do justice to this color compared to seeing it in person. I haven't seen a picture of it that really captures it.

Plus, this car is a real kick in the ass to drive; just incredible!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0