F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > "No Connection" message after voice input of Point-of-Interest
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-27-2015, 11:11 PM   #1
LMK5
First Lieutenant
57
Rep
313
Posts

Drives: 2017 330i Imperial Bloo
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

"No Connection" message after voice input of Point-of-Interest

For some reason, when I use voice input for online search of points of interest in the NAV, I receive a "no connection" message from iDrive. I know the 3G connection works because I can use the features in "BMW Online" in iDrive. The point-of-interest online search appears to be the only feature not working.

Anyone know a solution or should I restart NAV/iDrive? If so, how is that done and will I lose any settings?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2015, 05:34 PM   #2
KevinLevin
General Motors
KevinLevin's Avatar
157
Rep
513
Posts

Drives: 430d M Sport + EBII
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: No more than 10 feet from my car....

iTrader: (0)

I have this exact problem. No idea how to fix it. It's been this way for 3 weeks now
__________________
430d M Sport Plus, 19" M double spoke bi-colour wheels, stop start cruise, pro navigation, sport auto, dynamic suspension, folding/dimming mirrors, rear camera, power seats.

Previous - S5 Cabriolet - 442hp
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2015, 10:48 AM   #3
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
178
Rep
1,664
Posts

Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Boston Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMK5
For some reason, when I use voice input for online search of points of interest in the NAV, I receive a "no connection" message from iDrive. I know the 3G connection works because I can use the features in "BMW Online" in iDrive. The point-of-interest online search appears to be the only feature not working.

Anyone know a solution or should I restart NAV/iDrive? If so, how is that done and will I lose any settings?
Hi, my 2015 F02 has this same problem. If you all hear anything please post! I will do the same.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2015, 12:44 PM   #4
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
178
Rep
1,664
Posts

Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Boston Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinLevin
I have this exact problem. No idea how to fix it. It's been this way for 3 weeks now
Good News! I got it fixed.

Here is how:

1. You need to call BMW genius.
2. They will take your Vin
3. BMW is aware of this issue.
4. They offered to update me every three days.
5. After two hours, they reset something or added my vin to the server and ALL IS WELL NOW.
6. They encouraged anyone experiencing this problem to call BMW genius and give them your VIN.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 09:44 AM   #5
LMK5
First Lieutenant
57
Rep
313
Posts

Drives: 2017 330i Imperial Bloo
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7 View Post
Good News! I got it fixed.

Here is how:

1. You need to call BMW genius.
2. They will take your Vin
3. BMW is aware of this issue.
4. They offered to update me every three days.
5. After two hours, they reset something or added my vin to the server and ALL IS WELL NOW.
6. They encouraged anyone experiencing this problem to call BMW genius and give them your VIN.
Great suggestion. I'll do that.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 06:53 PM   #6
ktula
Second Lieutenant
16
Rep
213
Posts

Drives: 2014 F31
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7 View Post
Good News! I got it fixed.

Here is how:

1. You need to call BMW genius.
2. They will take your Vin
3. BMW is aware of this issue.
4. They offered to update me every three days.
5. After two hours, they reset something or added my vin to the server and ALL IS WELL NOW.
6. They encouraged anyone experiencing this problem to call BMW genius and give them your VIN.
Do you mind providing the contact information for the BMW Genius you worked with? The BMW genius in my local BMW dealership has no clue what i was talking about and he told me he contacted about 15 others.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 06:55 PM   #7
LMK5
First Lieutenant
57
Rep
313
Posts

Drives: 2017 330i Imperial Bloo
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktula View Post
Do you mind providing the contact information for the BMW Genius you worked with? The BMW genius in my local BMW dealership has no clue what i was talking about and he told me he contacted about 15 others.
I guess he ain't no genius. Call 844-4GENIUS.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 08:27 PM   #8
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
178
Rep
1,664
Posts

Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Boston Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktula View Post
Do you mind providing the contact information for the BMW Genius you worked with? The BMW genius in my local BMW dealership has no clue what i was talking about and he told me he contacted about 15 others.
Hello,

BMW now has a Corporate Genius Center!!!

Finally!

Here is the number:

844 443 6487


You can talk to any rep. Please tell then you were directed to call by another BMW friend as regards to the "No Connection" message with voice points of interest!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2015, 02:08 PM   #9
ktula
Second Lieutenant
16
Rep
213
Posts

Drives: 2014 F31
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7 View Post
Hello,

BMW now has a Corporate Genius Center!!!

Finally!

Here is the number:

844 443 6487


You can talk to any rep. Please tell then you were directed to call by another BMW friend as regards to the "No Connection" message with voice points of interest!
Thanks. I realized the existence of BMW's corporation geniuses after looking in another thread regarding the same issue.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2015, 02:36 PM   #10
ktula
Second Lieutenant
16
Rep
213
Posts

Drives: 2014 F31
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Voice-activated points of interest is working for me now but the first time i use it after starting the ignition, it will pop up a screen, shown below, that you have to acknowledge in order to proceed. It didn't use to do that before.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:46 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST