F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > xDrive Hold up?
Studio RSR

08-22-2012, 12:51 PM   #1
Bosco493
Rep
Drives: 330xi

xDrive Hold up?

I have a 335i xDrive M Sport 6MT on order. It arrived on the Don Juan on Aug 9th. And has been stuck at the VDC in Jersey since. My CA has no information other than they believe its an emissions problem. The only other information I have received was it was supposed to make it onto a truck Aug 13, however that day there was a work order started, but not for damage.

Anyways, is anyone having the same problem or know what the hold up is?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 09:34 AM   #2
rmd
Rep
Drives: On order: 2013 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco493 View Post
I have a 335i xDrive M Sport 6MT on order. It arrived on the Don Juan on Aug 9th. And has been stuck at the VDC in Jersey since. My CA has no information other than they believe its an emissions problem. The only other information I have received was it was supposed to make it onto a truck Aug 13, however that day there was a work order started, but not for damage.

Anyways, is anyone having the same problem or know what the hold up is?

Thanks!
I honestly have not heard anything about this. 335i xDrives seem to be making their way to people now. I have one on order that is waiting at the port. It will hopefully be on a ship this weekend, also headed first to NY/NJ and then to the Boston area.

Which dealership did you go through for your order?
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 10:32 AM   #3
Bosco493
Rep

Its going to Tulley. They have been awesome in the past and everyone I've sent up there has had a good experience. So that makes it abet more frustrating.

They have been receiving their ordered cars no problem minus the 335i xDrives 6MT. And haven't been getting allot of information aside from its a possible emissions problem. So with that being said I'm hoping someone will come along and shed some light on why these particular cars are being held up at the VDC. I hope yours gets through quickly and smoothly.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 02:14 PM   #4
rmd
Rep

Quote:
Its going to Tulley. They have been awesome in the past and everyone I've sent up there has had a good experience. So that makes it abet more frustrating.

They have been receiving their ordered cars no problem minus the 335i xDrives 6MT. And haven't been getting allot of information aside from its a possible emissions problem. So with that being said I'm hoping someone will come along and shed some light on why these particular cars are being held up at the VDC. I hope yours gets through quickly and smoothly.
Are you working with Frank Chafe? My order is also through Tulley, and Frank has been telling me about a 335 that has been stuck at the port for some unknown reason for the past few weeks. When I saw your messages here, and saw that you were from the Boston area, I was wondering if you might be the owner of the car that he was talking about.

I also have a 335i xDrive 6MT that's scheduled to leave Bremerhaven on Saturday, so I'm curious to see if I am going to have the same problem. Hopefully, your issue is resolved quickly, and we both get our cars soon.

If anyone out there has taken delivery of a 2013 335i xDrive 6MT, that would be really good to know.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 03:03 PM   #5
ThreeTwentyEightI
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW right now :(

Had one since last Friday!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #6
rmd
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeThirtyFiveI View Post
Had one since last Friday!
That's very good to know--thank you!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 03:20 PM   #7
rjc32000
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335Xi M Sport 6MT

My car is sitting at Bremerhaven as well, and will hopefully ship out on next available boat. How can you determine when a car is scheduled ship from Bremerhaven?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd View Post
I also have a 335i xDrive 6MT that's scheduled to leave Bremerhaven on Saturday, so I'm curious to see if I am going to have the same problem.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 04:24 PM   #8
PhiTauFord
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive

I picked up my 335 xDrive on the 9th so it's not an emissions problem.
      08-23-2012, 04:45 PM   #9
rmd
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiTauFord View Post
Ah, I had seen a number of your posts, but forgot that you had an xDrive vehicle. Thanks for the reminder! Were you also manual transmission?
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 06:27 PM   #10
ThreeTwentyEightI
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW right now :(

Quote:
Ah, I had seen a number of your posts, but forgot that you had an xDrive vehicle. Thanks for the reminder! Were you also manual transmission?
Of course, it's the only way to drive
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 09:27 PM   #11
Bosco493
Rep

Quote:
Are you working with Frank Chafe? My order is also through Tulley, and Frank has been telling me about a 335 that has been stuck at the port for some unknown reason for the past few weeks. When I saw your messages here, and saw that you were from the Boston area, I was wondering if you might be the owner of the car that he was talking about.

I also have a 335i xDrive 6MT that's scheduled to leave Bremerhaven on Saturday, so I'm curious to see if I am going to have the same problem. Hopefully, your issue is resolved quickly, and we both get our cars soon.

If anyone out there has taken delivery of a 2013 335i xDrive 6MT, that would be really good to know.
I am. Frank is a good guy, so I hate bothering him. I hope your car gets through quick.

Mine has been sitting at the VDC in Jersey since the 9th. It got on a ship quick in Bremerhaven, 3 days or so after production. It was supposed to get delivered to Tulley last Monday (13th), never got there. There's my frustration! When they called BMWNA I guess they were told it was an emissions problem. But clearly that isn't the case.

Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by Bosco493; 08-23-2012 at 09:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 09:30 PM   #12
Bosco493
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjc32000 View Post
My car is sitting at Bremerhaven as well, and will hopefully ship out on next available boat. How can you determine when a car is scheduled ship from Bremerhaven?

Thanks!
I called the BMWNA number, it updated quick. Then once it was on a shipping vessel I checked the W&W website and figured it from there. My CA called me once it was on a ship to confirm it.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 07:56 AM   #13
rmd
Rep

Quote:
I am. Frank is a good guy, so I hate bothering him. I hope your car gets through quick.

Mine has been sitting at the VDC in Jersey since the 9th. It got on a ship quick in Bremerhaven, 3 days or so after production. It was supposed to get delivered to Tulley last Monday (13th), never got there. There's my frustration! When they called BMWNA I guess they were told it was an emissions problem. But clearly that isn't the case.

Anyone have any ideas?
I agree--Frank is definitely a good guy. I get the feeling that he is also quite frustrated at this point, as he would really like to deliver your car to you! Hopefully, whatever is holding it up gets resolved in the next day or two, so that it can get loaded onto a truck and delivered to Tulley, and then to you.

Based upon the other people that have already taken delivery of their 2013 335i xDrive vehicles, it sounds like something strange is happening with your car. I have heard that random cars get pulled for EPA testing, but the two week delay seems odd. I'm betting that EPA certification (which is what Frank also said in an e-mail to me yesterday) is not really the issue here. Hopefully you will get a call today or tomorrow and that will be the end of it!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 04:11 PM   #14
PhiTauFord
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiTauFord View Post
I don't have a manual transmission but I still doubt EPA has anything to do with it.
      08-24-2012, 05:56 PM   #15
Bosco493
Rep

Quote:
I agree--Frank is definitely a good guy. I get the feeling that he is also quite frustrated at this point, as he would really like to deliver your car to you! Hopefully, whatever is holding it up gets resolved in the next day or two, so that it can get loaded onto a truck and delivered to Tulley, and then to you.

Based upon the other people that have already taken delivery of their 2013 335i xDrive vehicles, it sounds like something strange is happening with your car. I have heard that random cars get pulled for EPA testing, but the two week delay seems odd. I'm betting that EPA certification (which is what Frank also said in an e-mail to me yesterday) is not really the issue here. Hopefully you will get a call today or tomorrow and that will be the end of it!
Appreciate the optimism! I know its a long process when you order a BMW, and it takes allot of patience, but there is a reason why every phase is the way it is. And I get that. But this doesn't make sense given what has already been aforementioned prior in this post. So I think you're spot on with there being something strange going on. And aside from when I will receive the car is what I want to know. But the car is in the states now, the production process is over, its now on the dealer to get the car up here. But I doubt I will get a call that the car is there in the next day or two.

I've heard varying things about the EPA stuff. That was more or less my intent with the post initially, hopefully there is a SME on this stuff on here. And if the car was pulled for testing, is there a projected time frame on it etc.

I hope you dont run into the same problems!
I will keep my fingers crossed
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #16
rmd
Rep

Quote:
Appreciate the optimism! I know its a long process when you order a BMW, and it takes allot of patience, but there is a reason why every phase is the way it is. And I get that. But this doesn't make sense given what has already been aforementioned prior in this post. So I think you're spot on with there being something strange going on. And aside from when I will receive the car is what I want to know. But the car is in the states now, the production process is over, its now on the dealer to get the car up here. But I doubt I will get a call that the car is there in the next day or two.

I've heard varying things about the EPA stuff. That was more or less my intent with the post initially, hopefully there is a SME on this stuff on here. And if the car was pulled for testing, is there a projected time frame on it etc.

I hope you dont run into the same problems!
I will keep my fingers crossed
Hi Bosco,

Just curious, has there been any update / progress on your car?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 01:24 PM   #17
Bosco493
Rep

Quote:
Hi Bosco,

Just curious, has there been any update / progress on your car?
No, none. I'm still waiting on a call back from Thursday actually. As far as I know its in Jersey. I think you received the last word. Any word on your end?

Has anyone else received a 335i xDrive with a 6-speed? And if not why the car would be held in Jersey?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 04:33 PM   #18
rmd
Rep

Quote:
No, none. I'm still waiting on a call back from Thursday actually. As far as I know its in Jersey. I think you received the last word. Any word on your end?

Has anyone else received a 335i xDrive with a 6-speed? And if not why the car would be held in Jersey?
I would be getting pretty upset by now if I were you. I can't believe that you have been held up for so long. Frank hasn't mentioned anything about your car in a few days now, so I assume that he hasn't heard anything new. It might be time to make some noise, so that he gets Joe to call corporate and find out what is going on (I ended up having to do this for a previous order, and it did help).

My car left Bremerhaven on Saturday aboard the Don Juan, and it is due in New York next Wednesday. I'm excited since this is such a fast run (only 11 days). It somewhat makes up for all of the delays earlier in the process. That assumes, of course, that it doesn't sit at the port once it arrives.

Please let me know if you hear anything more...
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 04:58 PM   #19
Bosco493
Rep

Quote:
I would be getting pretty upset by now if I were you. I can't believe that you have been held up for so long. Frank hasn't mentioned anything about your car in a few days now, so I assume that he hasn't heard anything new. It might be time to make some noise, so that he gets Joe to call corporate and find out what is going on (I ended up having to do this for a previous order, and it did help).

My car left Bremerhaven on Saturday aboard the Don Juan, and it is due in New York next Wednesday. I'm excited since this is such a fast run (only 11 days). It somewhat makes up for all of the delays earlier in the process. That assumes, of course, that it doesn't sit at the port once it arrives.

Please let me know if you hear anything more...
I called Joe today. He said there was initially a defect in the cars the required a replacement part, however that has been fixed and the car is sitting in a lot in Jersey, and wont be released to a carrier until the 1st. Apparently there is allot more cars coming in than they are equipped to handle. Joe said there is nothing he can do on his end. The veracity of the claim is unclear. Regardless when I finally head up there I expect them or BMWNA to offer something to appease those of us that have been held up. Having that conversation on the phone would of been futile I believe. But if its going to be weeks more of waiting around with piss poor answers and this BS I'm going to just cancel the order and eat the deposit. I'm pretty disappointed in how Tulley has handled this.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 09:49 PM   #20
rmd
Rep

Quote:
I called Joe today. He said there was initially a defect in the cars the required a replacement part, however that has been fixed and the car is sitting in a lot in Jersey, and wont be released to a carrier until the 1st. Apparently there is allot more cars coming in than they are equipped to handle. Joe said there is nothing he can do on his end. The veracity of the claim is unclear. Regardless when I finally head up there I expect them or BMWNA to offer something to appease those of us that have been held up. Having that conversation on the phone would of been futile I believe. But if its going to be weeks more of waiting around with piss poor answers and this BS I'm going to just cancel the order and eat the deposit. I'm pretty disappointed in how Tulley has handled this.
That's really disappointing, and it still does not make much sense. The defect and replacement part (would love to know what that was, by the way) at least helps you to understand the delay. It didn't make sense that it was just sitting there, and the "EPA Issue" seemed like bad information, best case. I wonder why they were not willing / able to tell you all of this a while back. I also still don't understand the delay until the 1st for the release to the carrier, if the car is now fixed and good to go.

Regardless, I agree that they should do something for you, to make it right...
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 07:53 AM   #21
rmd
Rep

Any word yet?

Hi Bosco,

Any word yet? I'm wondering if your car had one of the defective FEM units that people have been writing about. It seems that there were some problems with at lease one batch of those, and cars with the faulty units were having some real issues.

My car arrives in NY on Thursday, so I will soon know if I have similar issues. Hopefully, they have it all worked out by now...
Appreciate 0