F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > South Africa order experiences?
Studio RSR

11-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #89
azzurro
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
What options did you order? Maybe you selected a specific option not commonly ordered. Like the new Navigation Pro.

(which BTW is not coming to US cars anytime soon).
There is nothing out of the ordinary that I ordered. I ordered: 335i EB ll, M Sport ZMM, Black Dakota Leather LCSW, Dynamic Handling ZDH, Tech Pkg ZTP, Steptronic auto, 18" summer performance tires, & HK 688

The dealer had an allocation because he told me and which is how you get a production number. If the dealer doesn't have an allocation then there is no production number.

he BMWNA people don' really have much of a handle on what is happening or why it's happening. same with the dealers. They keep telling me my car should go into production any day now but then again, this is what they've been saying since 10/18th when it went to 112 status.

So we wait.........it sounds like others here are going through or have gone through the same thing so this is what it is.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 10:26 AM   #90
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurro View Post
There is nothing out of the ordinary that I ordered. I ordered: 335i EB ll, M Sport ZMM, Black Dakota Leather LCSW, Dynamic Handling ZDH, Tech Pkg ZTP, Steptronic auto, 18" summer performance tires, & HK 688

The dealer had an allocation because he told me and which is how you get a production number. If the dealer doesn't have an allocation then there is no production number.

he BMWNA people don' really have much of a handle on what is happening or why it's happening. same with the dealers. They keep telling me my car should go into production any day now but then again, this is what they've been saying since 10/18th when it went to 112 status.

So we wait.........it sounds like others here are going through or have gone through the same thing so this is what it is.
Do you have a vehicle inquiry report with a production number? You call the BMW 800# and it says what? Your CA says what? Dealer system can identify the status. Ask CA to send you an updated Vehicle Inquiry report. If he won't call and ask for Sales Manager or better yet go there and ask for help. Any salesperson can pull up your production # and you can see everything. Make sure its still Priority 1 with your name as customer sold. Its possible your dealer is jerking with you.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 11:37 AM   #91
azzurro
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Do you have a vehicle inquiry report with a production number? You call the BMW 800# and it says what? Your CA says what? Dealer system can identify the status. Ask CA to send you an updated Vehicle Inquiry report. If he won't call and ask for Sales Manager or better yet go there and ask for help. Any salesperson can pull up your production # and you can see everything. Make sure its still Priority 1 with your name as customer sold. Its possible your dealer is jerking with you.
I called the 800# today & gave them my production# and they said it is in status 112 preproduction which is where it's been since 10/18. They told me it should go into production very soon but could not tell me when, the same thing my CA has been telling me.

The BMWNA guy did tell me once it goes to 150 that things go quickly which I already know. 25 days to go into priduction seems a ling time to me especially when some people here have gone into production much faster. My concern is expiring rebates the end of December.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 12:24 PM   #92
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I called the 800# today & gave them my production# and they said it is in status 112 preproduction which is where it's been since 10/18. They told me it should go into production very soon but could not tell me when, the same thing my CA has been telling me.

The BMWNA guy did tell me once it goes to 150 that things go quickly which I already know. 25 days to go into priduction seems a ling time to me especially when some people here have gone into production much faster. My concern is expiring rebates the end of December.
Just want to confirm your dealers system and BMWNA show your car is PW45? Its possible SA factory has an issue with an option you ordered. Give it a few more days, today is day 1 of PW45.

BTW, you will not get your SA build car by end December. Maybe if you are using BMWFS and have a VIN# they will agree to lock in rates, honor rebates, etc. Maybe.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 12:34 PM   #93
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

I went to my (big) dealer today, and confirmed there were no more Munich build 335i cars. He has been looking for several weeks, and was even unable to trade.

claykin makes a good point above regarding SA delivery times affecting the rebates, etc. You would just have to be clear with you CA about making sure you can get the car paid for by EOY.

I ultimately decided to go with an ActiveHybrid 3, instead. That is 1334 (Munich) and PW46.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #94
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
I went to my (big) dealer today, and confirmed there were no more Munich build 335i cars. He has been looking for several weeks, and was even unable to trade.

claykin makes a good point above regarding SA delivery times affecting the rebates, etc. You would just have to be clear with you CA about making sure you can get the car paid for by EOY.

I ultimately decided to go with an ActiveHybrid 3, instead. That is 1334 (Munich) and PW46.
I don't believe there are "no more" 133Q cars. Maybe in the current allocation for your region, not sure. Did you confirm this with another dealer?

Anyway, the AH3 will at least get you the new Nav system. .
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 01:37 PM   #95
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
I don't believe there are "no more" 133Q cars. Maybe in the current allocation for your region, not sure. Did you confirm this with another dealer?
Sorry for any confusion, I didn't mean "no more" for the entire country, just no more that he's going to able to order. To be most accurate - Munich 335i cars are still in very short supply.

Quote:
Anyway, the AH3 will at least get you the new Nav system. .
Ya, I'm looking forward to it
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 05:02 PM   #96
jeffc42
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 BMW 335i, on order: i4 M50

Quote:
I'm just curious when you ordered your car? I ordered 10/11 and still no production. I'm hoping mine starts tomorrow. My CA is sticking with his Dec 14-Dec 18 time frame but I have my doubts.

It seems to me that taking 3 weeks to even start production is a long time but maybe this is normal for SA production?? Maybe some others can comment on this?
It was entered on 10/29. It went to 150 within a few days.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #97
mark.L
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i

Quote:

That's the reason I'm getting antsy. The order still not in production yet. Since my Germany build order(ordered 10/13) was scheduled for PW45 and PW45 started today so I'm going to wait this week out and if still not in production by the end of week then I'll be taking a drive to my dealership.

I don't mind the wait and knew about it going in to place the order, but what's making me furious is people who ordered much later with build scheduled for PW45/46 are already in production and their's will complete the production soon, whereas I am still waiting to enter production. The way they are prioritizing the orders, hard to understand. :

The good side to it is, I am at least more excited for the holidays.
      11-05-2012, 07:37 PM   #98
ianturner
Second Lieutenant
Rep

my 335 went into production 11/2 and my CA is adamantly claiming that my car will be here by years end.....don't think i'm buying it though.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 09:06 PM   #99
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianturner View Post
my 335 went into production 11/2 and my CA is adamantly claiming that my car will be here by years end.....don't think i'm buying it though.
SA build will be real tight for delivery by year end. Its possible. Depends on how long it sits in Durban before being loaded on ship and how long in Germany (assuming its offloaded).
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 10:18 PM   #100
ianturner
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
SA build will be real tight for delivery by year end. Its possible. Depends on how long it sits in Durban before being loaded on ship and how long in Germany (assuming its offloaded).
all ships go through germany right? my CA seems to think that they can also come straight to the US from SA......nothing confirms that from what i've read on the forums.

And is it possible that BMW uses non WW ships? because the only ships i see leaving durban on the WW website are 11/6 and 12/16.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 10:19 PM   #101
azzurro
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark.L View Post
That's the reason I'm getting antsy. The order still not in production yet. Since my Germany build order(ordered 10/13) was scheduled for PW45 and PW45 started today so I'm going to wait this week out and if still not in production by the end of week then I'll be taking a drive to my dealership.

I don't mind the wait and knew about it going in to place the order, but what's making me furious is people who ordered much later with build scheduled for PW45/46 are already in production and their's will complete the production soon, whereas I am still waiting to enter production. The way they are prioritizing the orders, hard to understand. :

This order process is NOT the 6-8 week thing originally told to me. Some production starts immediately and others take weeks. There is ZERO consistency here. Markl, I am the same boat as you and don't like how this is evolving one bit.

My hope is in the next few weeks there will be more EB ll 335i's available here in Calif so I can get something similar to my build specs that I can just buy outright & forget this whole order thing.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 10:48 PM   #102
kerz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F15 50i

They for sure don't only use WW ships from SA. I was on a Mitsu OSK Lines boat.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 11:28 PM   #103
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianturner View Post
all ships go through germany right? my CA seems to think that they can also come straight to the US from SA......nothing confirms that from what i've read on the forums.

And is it possible that BMW uses non WW ships? because the only ships i see leaving durban on the WW website are 11/6 and 12/16.
Not sure if there are any ships direct to US, but I do believe some stop in Germany and offload cars and others keep cars onboard. At least they did in late 2009. My 2010 E90 stopped in Germany and my car stayed on board so I missed that sometimes 5-10 day delay of cars sitting in Germany.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2012, 08:46 AM   #104
ianturner
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerz View Post
ok so that means there is more than one ship a month....any way to track Mitsu OSK lines?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2012, 01:15 PM   #105
azzurro
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Markl,

My CA just emailed me & said my car started production today. Finally
Yours must be right around the corner.

My CA is going to try to find a car similar to my build but not more than $2,000 over what I'm currently paying which are the instructions I gave him. If he finds something he does & if he doesn't, eventually I get my build. Good luck on your 150 status !!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2012, 02:02 PM   #106
mark.L
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurro
Quote:

Markl,

My CA just emailed me & said my car started production today. Finally
Yours must be right around the corner.

My CA is going to try to find a car similar to my build but not more than $2,000 over what I'm currently paying which are the instructions I gave him. If he finds something he does & if he doesn't, eventually I get my build. Good luck on your 150 status !!
I posted this on another thread early this morning, my car entered production yesterday early morning, but the 1800# did not update until this morning. My CA just e-mailed me the VIN. Mine's estimated completion is 11/14.
      11-06-2012, 02:08 PM   #107
azzurro
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I posted this on another thread early this morning, my car entered production yesterday early morning, but the 1800# did not update until this morning. My CA just e-mailed me the VIN. Mine's estimated completion is 11/14.

My wife grew up in Winnetka & we have relatives in Mundelein, Libertyville & Downtown Chicago. Congrats !!
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2012, 12:23 AM   #108
kerz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F15 50i

Mitsu can be tracked, just Google the name of your boat, and you can find it there. There's also a schedule page on their website if you know the boat name: http://www.molroro.com/MOLVesselSchedule.aspx
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2012, 08:54 AM   #109
ianturner
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Mitsu can be tracked, just Google the name of your boat, and you can find it there. There's also a schedule page on their website if you know the boat name: http://www.molroro.com/MOLVesselSchedule.aspx
not looking good for me...any chance my car could complete production 11/13 and get on the Victorious Ace departing 11/16 headed to Baltimore?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2012, 12:38 PM   #110
Sharp_Cai
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X4MC

Quote:
Same here! Did u get yours yet?? I just checked the schedule of my boat "Dignity Ace". seems it will unload all the cars at TX after stop by at East Coast. It doesn't really go to the port of CA. Do you know if its ture??

Last edited by Sharp_Cai; 11-07-2012 at 12:57 PM..
Appreciate 0