F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Super Cheat Sheet - PDF Attached! [Updated July 1st, 2015]
ARMA SPEED

07-13-2015, 11:02 AM   #243
RSnic
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340Xi (G20)

Garage List
2020 BMW M340  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcospoffo View Post
Weatherband radio
It works only in the US? I live in Brazil.
Marcospoffo,
Sorry for the confusion.

Those of us with NBT head units can not get Weatherband radio to work, at least not in US.

2020 M340Xi| ZDA| ZDY| ZPP| ZPX| 1CR| 1PL| 688| 6NW| 2VFH|
Retired: 2014 328i
BMW CCA
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2015, 02:12 PM   #244
Halsifer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
Couple of weeks ago, I FDL coded Sport Auto Transmission and I was quite happy with that. However, I still wanted to VO code it by replacing 205 with 2TB.

Yesterday I did VO code 2TB on top of my FDL coding. I coded EGS successfully. When I was coding ICM, car gave the error "Chasis stabilization: Drive moderately". Then I coded KOMBI and finished coding. In E-Sys, I cleared the error thru External Applications section. I drove 150+ miles since yesterday and there is no CEL or any errors showing up.

However, I feel like the car was shifting gears faster in Comfort mode with FDL coding. I knowiIt doesn't sound reasonable and I think both FDL and VO coding the SAT should have the exact same effect. Maybe they're the same and it's only in my head I just wanted to share my experience and see if anyone else tried coding SAT both ways (FDL and VO).
That will happen every time you code ICM. You don't need to clear any codes. Just once the coding process is completed, turn the ignition off and on again. Same thing with KOMBI, it may throw an instrument cluster malfunction but it will disappear on the next ignition cycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
Couple of weeks ago, I FDL coded Sport Auto Transmission and I was quite happy with that. However, I still wanted to VO code it by replacing 205 with 2TB.

Yesterday I did VO code 2TB on top of my FDL coding. I coded EGS successfully. When I was coding ICM, car gave the error "Chasis stabilization: Drive moderately". Then I coded KOMBI and finished coding. In E-Sys, I cleared the error thru External Applications section. I drove 150+ miles since yesterday and there is no CEL or any errors showing up.

However, I feel like the car was shifting gears faster in Comfort mode with FDL coding. I knowiIt doesn't sound reasonable and I think both FDL and VO coding the SAT should have the exact same effect. Maybe they're the same and it's only in my head I just wanted to share my experience and see if anyone else tried coding SAT both ways (FDL and VO).
Yes, either should give you the same result, just VO coding is easier if you are coding a whole vehicle, just to do from the start. (and will include Sport+ if not already enabled.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSnic View Post
Hi,

Really like the automatic wiper function; it adjusts speed based on amount of rain on windshield.

Perhaps, it the way I have seat and steering wheel adjusted, but it is extremely difficult to see the green LED on the wiper stalk that indicates the auto wipers are on --- so, is there a way to code something that will display an icon on the dash?

My wife's Volvo has both automatic wiper and an icon that shows up on the dash.
I don't think any BMW has an icon displayed on the instrument cluster to let you know it is on, mainly because it will not be already active since it must activated by the user at every startup. So unless you can find a BMW that provides this icon on the instrument cluster, it's very unlikely that you can have functionality.
2014 BMW 335i xDrive M-Sport [Sold]
2010 Audi A6 3.0T [Sold]

Last edited by Halsifer; 07-13-2015 at 02:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2015, 05:29 PM   #245
Jojje
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 318xd 2015

"Enables Sports Displays on non-Navi iDrive. (Doesn't work for diesel.)" on page 7.

I just want to say that this works for me and I have a diesel.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2015, 05:39 PM   #246
Halsifer
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojje View Post
"Enables Sports Displays on non-Navi iDrive. (Doesn't work for diesel.)" on page 7.

I just want to say that this works for me and I have a diesel.
This sometimes works on some vehicles and not others. I attempted a 435i the other day and it did not respond to the throttle. But duly noted!
2010 Audi A6 3.0T [Sold]
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 05:00 PM   #247
jessenj
Registered
Rep
Drives: 428ix Convertible Imperial Blu

The codes here are awesome, and I was able to make a few code changes on my 2015 428ix convertible (F33), but I'm kinda scared poking around since I didn't see a simple list of codes that was like a "for dummies" guide, so I figured I'd reach out here for help.

Here's what I'm looking for, so if anyone has any idea where I can find these codes, or even better, which codes to change specifically, I would really appreciate the help immensely. This is a list of what I've seen on these coding service sites and would love help changing:
  • Add a weatherband option to the radio in addition to AM/FM
  • Enable video/DVD-in-motion
  • Allow AM/FM and Mode buttons to be used as two additional preset buttons
  • Change start-up splash screen to “M Performance” or “M” animation
  • Enable EfficientDynamics Sport Displays (horsepower & torque)
  • Change phone ringtone (different ring or transfer phone’s ringtone to car)
  • Add rain/light sensor options (headlight sensitivity) and daytime running light control to iDrive
  • Set default screen for iDrive (Navigation, Entertainment, Communication, etc.)
  • Enable ability to open and close windows and sunroof with the keyfob
  • Enable ability to fold and unfold mirrors with the keyfob
  • Enable ability to close motorized trunk/liftgate with in-car button and/or keyfob
  • Automatically unlock the doors when key is removed or car is turned off (won’t have to pull the door handle twice)
  • Enable one-touch operation of the sunroof, and windows while the door is open
  • Enable emergency/hazard lights to double-blink instead of single blink
  • Allow rear fog lights to work in tandem with brake lights for greater visibility
  • Enable ability to set the sensitivity of the automatic headlights via iDrive or the instrument cluster
  • Enable “pathway lighting” with keyfob
  • Enable the cluster backlight to be on even if the headlights are off

Again - thank you SOOOOOO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.

I love being a member of this community.

Jesse
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 05:08 PM   #248
Halsifer
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessenj View Post
The codes here are awesome, and I was able to make a few code changes on my 2015 428ix convertible (F33), but I'm kinda scared poking around since I didn't see a simple list of codes that was like a "for dummies" guide, so I figured I'd reach out here for help.

Here's what I'm looking for, so if anyone has any idea where I can find these codes, or even better, which codes to change specifically, I would really appreciate the help immensely. This is a list of what I've seen on these coding service sites and would love help changing:
  • Add a weatherband option to the radio in addition to AM/FM
  • Enable video/DVD-in-motion
  • Allow AM/FM and Mode buttons to be used as two additional preset buttons
  • Change start-up splash screen to “M Performance” or “M” animation
  • Enable EfficientDynamics Sport Displays (horsepower & torque)
  • Change phone ringtone (different ring or transfer phone’s ringtone to car)
  • Add rain/light sensor options (headlight sensitivity) and daytime running light control to iDrive
  • Set default screen for iDrive (Navigation, Entertainment, Communication, etc.)
  • Enable ability to open and close windows and sunroof with the keyfob
  • Enable ability to fold and unfold mirrors with the keyfob
  • Enable ability to close motorized trunk/liftgate with in-car button and/or keyfob
  • Automatically unlock the doors when key is removed or car is turned off (won’t have to pull the door handle twice)
  • Enable one-touch operation of the sunroof, and windows while the door is open
  • Enable emergency/hazard lights to double-blink instead of single blink
  • Allow rear fog lights to work in tandem with brake lights for greater visibility
  • Enable ability to set the sensitivity of the automatic headlights via iDrive or the instrument cluster
  • Enable “pathway lighting” with keyfob
  • Enable the cluster backlight to be on even if the headlights are off

Again - thank you SOOOOOO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.

I love being a member of this community.

Jesse
Pretty much everything you listed here is listed in the cheat sheet. Just read the descriptions of each code and you should be able to find everything you are looking for. And anything you can't find, post back here and ask!
Appreciate 1
      07-29-2015, 05:48 PM   #249
jessenj
Registered
Rep
Drives: 428ix Convertible Imperial Blu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsifer View Post
Pretty much everything you listed here is listed in the cheat sheet. Just read the descriptions of each code and you should be able to find everything you are looking for. And anything you can't find, post back here and ask!
Ok - I looked at the cheat sheet and will try puting together a list of codes for each of my interests, but here's a few questions I don't see a sign of anywhere:
  • How do I override the speed limiter of 11mph for the convertible roof closure?
  • How can I do a one-touch open or close of the convertible? (its a royal PITA to hold the button down for 20 seconds every time I want to put the top down)
  • Since my keyfob remote already retracts the roof when I hold the lock button down, the problem is that I have to be standing practically right next to the door, which defeats the purpose of using the remote to fold the roof. So, how do I increase the permissible range of the remote to open or close the roof? I'd love to be able to grab my keys and shut the roof and close up the car from inside my house when it starts to rain, rather than run outside, jump in the car, hold the button down.
  • Ideally, I want to set up the car so that when I get in the car, and start the car, I want the locks to lock when the car starts moving, but when I shut off the engine, I want all the doors to unlock. When I exit the vehicle and lock the door, I want the mirrors to fold up. Maybe even have an "all closed" procedure that rolls up windows, closes the roof, folds the mirrors up, and then locks all the doors.
  • While in motion, I want to be able to play video files (mkv, avi, etc) from my 128gb thumb drive I have plugged into the USB slot. Not for me, of course, but for my kids in the car.
  • When I unlock the car either with a key or the handle, I want a seat memory position to automatically set.

Again, THANK YOU for the help. Being able to customize my car with such a fine level of control makes me feel like I have a custom-tailored car. This is by far the best car experience I've had to date, and I just traded in my Range Rover Evoque that was fully loaded.

Jesse
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 11:15 PM   #250
Halsifer
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessenj View Post
Ok - I looked at the cheat sheet and will try puting together a list of codes for each of my interests, but here's a few questions I don't see a sign of anywhere:
  • How do I override the speed limiter of 11mph for the convertible roof closure?
  • How can I do a one-touch open or close of the convertible? (its a royal PITA to hold the button down for 20 seconds every time I want to put the top down)
  • Since my keyfob remote already retracts the roof when I hold the lock button down, the problem is that I have to be standing practically right next to the door, which defeats the purpose of using the remote to fold the roof. So, how do I increase the permissible range of the remote to open or close the roof? I'd love to be able to grab my keys and shut the roof and close up the car from inside my house when it starts to rain, rather than run outside, jump in the car, hold the button down.
  • Ideally, I want to set up the car so that when I get in the car, and start the car, I want the locks to lock when the car starts moving, but when I shut off the engine, I want all the doors to unlock. When I exit the vehicle and lock the door, I want the mirrors to fold up. Maybe even have an "all closed" procedure that rolls up windows, closes the roof, folds the mirrors up, and then locks all the doors.
  • While in motion, I want to be able to play video files (mkv, avi, etc) from my 128gb thumb drive I have plugged into the USB slot. Not for me, of course, but for my kids in the car.
  • When I unlock the car either with a key or the handle, I want a seat memory position to automatically set.

Again, THANK YOU for the help. Being able to customize my car with such a fine level of control makes me feel like I have a custom-tailored car. This is by far the best car experience I've had to date, and I just traded in my Range Rover Evoque that was fully loaded.

Jesse
Anything with the convertible I am not familiar with personally. I know a couple people that have asked about it but I don't think they found anything about the keyfob distance for converting.

As for having it, "set up the car so that when I get in the car, and start the car, I want the locks to lock when the car starts moving, but when I shut off the engine, I want all the doors to unlock," that is found in the cheat sheet as CLM_UNLOCK_KL15OFF_AFTER_PIA_AUTO_LOCK set to aktiv located in FEM_BODY. That code will unlock the car when the engine is shut off and you can set the car to Auto-Lock when driving away in the iDrive when you go to Settings and Door Locks/Key.

For "When I exit the vehicle and lock the door, I want the mirrors to fold up. Maybe even have an "all closed" procedure that rolls up windows, closes the roof, folds the mirrors up, and then locks all the doors," those codes are also in the cheat sheet as ASP_AUSKLAPPEN_NACH_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN, ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN, and KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB set to aktiv. Then also have KOMFORT_SCHLIESSEN werte value set to 00 if you want it immediate on lock. This can also be found in FEM_BODY.

For Video in Motion, follow the Part 1 - 6 of Video in Motion in the Cheat Sheet. Then make sure API_USB_VIDEO is set to aktiv.

And the Key can be set to remember Seat Last position automatically in the iDrive Settings.

I can't stress enough to look through the cheat sheet for all these things because these features are either listed in there or already pre-equipped in your vehicle. As far as the converting features, I have no idea though...
2010 Audi A6 3.0T [Sold]
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2015, 11:17 PM   #251
ktula
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31

Garage List
Quote:
botho, wait, did you lower it, while still being above 20km/h, and does it through no error codes?
I lowered C_ZSW_Aktivierunggeschwindigkeit_Funktion_low to 20km/h and the Blind Spot Detection system didn't like it at all. When i enable BSD, after driving for a few minutes, it would throw out a BSD malfunction error and would immediately disable BSD. I kept re-enabling BSD and then i kept getting the BSD malfunction error. The malfunction error went away as soon as i coded it back to the factory 50 km/h.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2015, 01:56 PM   #252
Halsifer
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktula View Post
I lowered C_ZSW_Aktivierunggeschwindigkeit_Funktion_low to 20km/h and the Blind Spot Detection system didn't like it at all. When i enable BSD, after driving for a few minutes, it would throw out a BSD malfunction error and would immediately disable BSD. I kept re-enabling BSD and then i kept getting the BSD malfunction error. The malfunction error went away as soon as i coded it back to the factory 50 km/h.
Try 25 km/h.

If it still gives you a malfunction, I'd recommend updated your I-Step level to a later/latest version. I had this same issue last year at any speed lower than 50km/h, but I noticed after I updated my I-Step level the issue went away.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2015, 06:40 PM   #253
ktula
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Try 25 km/h.

If it still gives you a malfunction, I'd recommend updated your I-Step level to a later/latest version. I had this same issue last year at any speed lower than 50km/h, but I noticed after I updated my I-Step level the issue went away.
I thought about getting the I-step updated by the dealer but i am concerned the newer I-step may come with the requirement of newer version of PSdZdata, which will include some modules that are very difficult to FDL-code.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2015, 06:48 PM   #254
Halsifer
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I thought about getting the I-step updated by the dealer but i am concerned the newer I-step may come with the requirement of newer version of PSdZdata, which will include some modules that are very difficult to FDL-code.
I really doubt you will be at an I-Step Level that you won't be able to access. That hasn't happened to anyone that I'm aware of, including myself when I get servicing. Usually once there is a new I-Step Level, we will also have the corresponding psdzdata available. (Likely because of the possible intel someone must have with BMW, I'm guessing is how people keep getting the software.)

What modules will be 'more difficult' to code? Most functions we modify should all be the same if I'm not mistaken.
2010 Audi A6 3.0T [Sold]
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2015, 09:05 PM   #255
ktula
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I really doubt you will be at an I-Step Level that you won't be able to access. That hasn't happened to anyone that I'm aware of, including myself when I get servicing. Usually once there is a new I-Step Level, we will also have the corresponding psdzdata available. (Likely because of the possible intel someone must have with BMW, I'm guessing is how people keep getting the software.)

What modules will be 'more difficult' to code? Most functions we modify should all be the same if I'm not mistaken.
I was referring to the trimmed CAFD files in later versions of PSdzData.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=818922
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2015, 10:39 PM   #256
Halsifer
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I was referring to the trimmed CAFD files in later versions of PSdzData.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=818922
Are you not using the E-Sys Launcher for FDL coding? It injects data into the CAFDs on-the-fly, making trimmed CAFD's no longer an issue.
2010 Audi A6 3.0T [Sold]
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2015, 11:52 PM   #257
ktula
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Are you not using the E-Sys Launcher for FDL coding? It injects data into the CAFDs on-the-fly, making trimmed CAFD's no longer an issue.
You mean Tokenmaster's E-Sys launcher? What version does that? My E-Sys Launcher is dated 10/31/2014.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2015, 01:07 AM   #258
Halsifer
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You mean Tokenmaster's E-Sys launcher? What version does that? My E-Sys Launcher is dated 10/31/2014.
Oh jeez, you're behind by almost a year. Yeah, trimmed CAFDs is no longer a problem. I'll PM you.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2015, 07:28 AM   #259
marcospoffo
Private
Brazil
Rep
Drives: 320 F30 - 2013

What does this Active? I activated the 8 options and did not see difference.
How do I turn on the main lights (xenon) to Welcome Lights
      08-11-2015, 09:43 AM   #260
RSnic
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340Xi (G20)

Garage List
2020 BMW M340  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcospoffo View Post
What does this Active? I activated the 8 options and did not see difference.
How do I turn on the main lights (xenon) to Welcome Lights
Marcospoffo,
When you code this, the fog light on the turning side will come on when you turn, if you have the your light switch in A position (the far left position).

I find this particular helpful in our development, where the street lighting isn't ideal

2020 M340Xi| ZDA| ZDY| ZPP| ZPX| 1CR| 1PL| 688| 6NW| 2VFH|
Retired: 2014 328i
BMW CCA
Appreciate 1
      08-11-2015, 12:46 PM   #261
ktula
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Oh jeez, you're behind by almost a year. Yeah, trimmed CAFDs is no longer a problem. I'll PM you.
Thanks! Eagerly await your PM about this version of E-Sys launcher! Do you mind also letting me know where i can get the latest version of PSdzData?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2015, 12:56 PM   #262
Halsifer
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks! Eagerly await your PM about this version of E-Sys launcher! Do you mind also letting me know where i can get the latest version of PSdzData?
PM'ed you!
2010 Audi A6 3.0T [Sold]
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2015, 02:06 PM   #263
marcospoffo
Private
Brazil
Rep
Drives: 320 F30 - 2013

Thanks RSnic
      08-11-2015, 04:05 PM   #264
valley_nomad
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i

Quote:
Not quite. I had a few tricky issues when coding my 2013 328i after its service in July (I-Step Level F020-15-07-502):
http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...postcount=9121
http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...postcount=9135

Last edited by valley_nomad; 08-11-2015 at 04:17 PM..
Appreciate 0