F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > F30 M Sport - Timeline Purchase..help!!
Extreme Powerhouse

11-14-2012, 05:40 PM   #23
UK_
Captain
Rep
Drives: 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
Why would you want to register the car any earlier than the day you collect it? The warranty, tax etc would start from that day wouldn't it?

I had a dealer try and force me to do this as they wanted to hit their end month number but I refused.
I am not saying I would do it, I would like to see it first. You can tax a new car for 1 month + 1 week to for extra time to get you to month's end.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 04:35 AM   #24
MaestroAl
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
I am on the verge of giving up and cancelling both my orders. This initial dealership experience is not very encouraging, to say the least. They seem to be 'at sea' and hopelessley hopeless. I must admit I am a bit fedup.
A feel for ya brah. I'm in the same boat, all at sea with a bunch of in-the-dark BMW people who have no idea where my car is other than "not here"
      11-15-2012, 03:05 PM   #25
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive

Just got an email:
'Vehicles are coming through from BMW into the dealership and are taking slightly longer to process than anticipated due to the sheer volume. I hope this puts your mind at rest. Please don't worry. I hope you have an enjoyable weekend'.
      11-15-2012, 03:52 PM   #26
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Just got an email:
'Vehicles are coming through from BMW into the dealership and are taking slightly longer to process than anticipated due to the sheer volume. I hope this puts your mind at rest. Please don't worry. I hope you have an enjoyable weekend'.
Funny that as my dealership said BMW are collecting ahead of schedule and delivering early, hence mine arrived last night instead of the 19th
Do they just tell us a story to shut us up?.
      11-15-2012, 04:22 PM   #27
F30FAN
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport -

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
Funny that as my dealership said BMW are collecting ahead of schedule and delivering early, hence mine arrived last night instead of the 19th
Do they just tell us a story to shut us up?.
Just in case they can't meet the customers expectations they cover themselves my giving you the worst case scenario, the likelihood is your order will arrive earlier and hey presto a pleased customer...!!

BTW Finally after a very painful wait...my F30 is now code 5050 Confirmed by Production Control, estimated arrival at Dealer 03/12/12 should have the keys latest 10/12/12..

Order Placed: 06/09/12
Confirmed by Production Control: 14/11/12
BW Confirmed: Initially 48 then 47 (w/c 19/11/12)
Estimated Arrival at Dealer: 03/12/12
Estimated Collection Date: 10/12/12

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781108

Last edited by F30FAN; 11-15-2012 at 04:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 05:35 PM   #28
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Just got an email:
Lol is there an early reg change this year?

TBH if you are dealing with a lease company, they are full of it.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2012, 01:05 AM   #29
pirulove
Major G33k
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 320d M Sport Estoril Blue

I've been told mine will arrive before the end of the year which I am hesitant about. I ordered last Thursday (08/11/2012) as my BMW dealership (Park Lane London) said factory lead time was 6-8 weeks and in order to get the 3.9% apr deal they have on diesel cars at the moment it needs to be registered before the 31st of December. Thought it was a sales tactic at first but after checking the BMW website and reading the T&C's, it is true.

Trying to not get my hopes up but they are assuring me it will be here.
      11-16-2012, 03:06 AM   #30
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirulove View Post
I've been told mine will arrive before the end of the year which I am hesitant about. I ordered last Thursday (08/11/2012) as my BMW dealership (Park Lane London) said factory lead time was 6-8 weeks and in order to get the 3.9% apr deal they have on diesel cars at the moment it needs to be registered before the 31st of December. Thought it was a sales tactic at first but after checking the BMW website and reading the T&C's, it is true.

6 too 8 weeks, it takes that long to come across the pond.
Good luck but do not hold your breath.
Mine was due in a month ago and I still have not got it, saturday is drive day.
      11-16-2012, 03:11 AM   #31
MaestroAl
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

I was told back in September that I couldn't change my order because it would have fallen into a 2013 reg date. Good luck with getting a November order this year
      11-16-2012, 03:21 AM   #32
acabucca
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 M Sport AW 320d

Hi all

I ordered mine 3 weeks ago and told I have a week 49 build with week 52 delivery.

Reading this it looks like I will be stuck in the pool car (Prius lol) until sometime after

Fingers crossed it goes to plan and is an extra Xmas bonus!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2012, 03:24 AM   #33
MaestroAl
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

It's possible if your dealer had reserved slots I guess...
      11-16-2012, 03:44 AM   #34
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Quote:

I've also been told that they had to order my 330D M Sport (F30) earlier this week to aim for a "December delivery", and also the same with the 3.9%apr, that the car had to be registered by the end of the year to get the finance deal we'd agreed. I do think it's a bit optimistic, but I'll know more when BMW confirm an estimated build date/week I guess. Re. the apr offer, they've also said that if the car is delayed into January, that the apr deal may change, which I find a bit strange - we've agreed all the figures, and I've signed the finance documents, so how could something that is out of both mine and the dealer's control, affect the finance for the car? Surely once it's been agreed and signed, that should be it, regardless of whether there's been an uncontrollable delay from BMW? Fingers crossed for delivery in December, but I'm not getting my hopes up!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2012, 04:09 AM   #35
pirulove
Major G33k
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkW83 View Post
I've also been told that they had to order my 330D M Sport (F30) earlier this week to aim for a "December delivery", and also the same with the 3.9%apr, that the car had to be registered by the end of the year to get the finance deal we'd agreed. I do think it's a bit optimistic, but I'll know more when BMW confirm an estimated build date/week I guess. Re. the apr offer, they've also said that if the car is delayed into January, that the apr deal may change, which I find a bit strange - we've agreed all the figures, and I've signed the finance documents, so how could something that is out of both mine and the dealer's control, affect the finance for the car? Surely once it's been agreed and signed, that should be it, regardless of whether there's been an uncontrollable delay from BMW? Fingers crossed for delivery in December, but I'm not getting my hopes up!
Glad to hear its not just me!

If it happens great, if it doesnt and they try charge me the additional deposit required for the monthly payment ive agreed with them. I'll kindly ask for my deposit back
      11-16-2012, 04:29 AM   #36
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Glad to hear its not just me!

If it happens great, if it doesnt and they try charge me the additional deposit required for the monthly payment ive agreed with them. I'll kindly ask for my deposit back
Since it's out of everyone's control but BMW (i.e. not BMW FS, not the customer and not the dealer), and any delay over the normal/estimated time would be down to BMW alone, perhaps there would be some movement to contact BMW HQ to see if they'd honour a finance agreement that was previously made, that now wasn't being honoured because of an unforeseen delay? Worth a try, at least! Seems daft to do it any other way, though I accept if it's normal practice.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2012, 05:42 AM   #37
pirulove
Major G33k
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Since it's out of everyone's control but BMW (i.e. not BMW FS, not the customer and not the dealer), and any delay over the normal/estimated time would be down to BMW alone, perhaps there would be some movement to contact BMW HQ to see if they'd honour a finance agreement that was previously made, that now wasn't being honoured because of an unforeseen delay? Worth a try, at least! Seems daft to do it any other way, though I accept if it's normal practice.
I will keep on top of my dealer, I have already said if the finance changes I'm no longer interested.

Oddly I'm not as excited now as I was compared to when I ordered my last car purely because I think I'm going to be let down.
      11-16-2012, 06:03 AM   #38
kitster
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 M Sport

I was told if my car came after the finance deal ends then they can't process it; plus it would of resulted in me losing some of the discount (that dealer contribution has to come from somewhere). In the end we just went for a P/X cash deal.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2012, 06:03 AM   #39
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Guys, don't forget many of us waiting for cars now, ordered when production of the F30 wasn't at full speed. Cars sales are down something like 10% overall, so is possible the factory can cope with a shorter lead time.

However, even if they can't deliver by end December:

a.) The 3.9% apr deal may well be extended (already has been from 3/4 quarter)
b.) Dealer might be able to swing the deal to compensate for a higher apr if this happens.

Either way you'll still highly likely get your cars for the amount agreed upon.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2012, 06:06 AM   #40
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Guys, don't forget many of us waiting for cars now, ordered when production of the F30 wasn't at full speed. Cars sales are down something like 10% overall, so is possible the factory can cope with a shorter lead time.

b.) Dealer might be able to swing the deal to compensate for a higher apr if this happens.

That sounds encouraging, thanks Fingers crossed I suppose, this is my 4th BMW - and the first car I'll ever own that isn't a 3-door or a coupe - but even though I've got it partly for practicality/family reasons, I'm excited about it the most! I think perhaps because it's completely brand new (F30) just a couple of months into production, will be so different from my other cars, and all the new tech in it
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2012, 06:09 AM   #41
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post

Agreed I can't see BMW "loosing sales" due to there poor delivery times. They will roll over believe me, once you walk away they will come back.
Do NOT pay anything extra.
      11-16-2012, 06:10 AM   #42
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
Agreed I can't see BMW "loosing sales" due to there poor delivery times. They will roll over believe me, once you walk away they will come back.
Do NOT pay anything extra.
I hope so, apparently I've "drilled them right down" on the deal they've given me, inc. them paying off the settlement on my part-ex; but even so, after all the work they've done for the deal, I doubt they'll want to lose a £45k car over a few percent (if it comes to that)!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2012, 07:20 AM   #43
pirulove
Major G33k
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
That sounds encouraging, thanks Fingers crossed I suppose, this is my 4th BMW - and the first car I'll ever own that isn't a 3-door or a coupe - but even though I've got it partly for practicality/family reasons, I'm excited about it the most! I think perhaps because it's completely brand new (F30) just a couple of months into production, will be so different from my other cars, and all the new tech in it
Agreed, thanks NISFAN.
      11-16-2012, 07:45 AM   #44
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

If you guys get stuck, I know Elms of Bedford will treat you well They gave it to me in writing that they would honour the 3.9% APR even if car was delivered after the closing date
Appreciate 0