F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > How quickly can I buy an f32?
Extreme Powerhouse

06-15-2014, 08:54 AM   #1
DZ153
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 335i xDrive

How quickly can I buy an f32?

I know this is kind of a stupid question but hear me out. I have only special ordered cars in past and never bought one straight from the dealership lot. I'm currently away but I will be back home for about a week and I was wondering if it was possible to buy a 428i, get it registered, and take the car out of state in that short period of time. Has anyone had a similar experience? Thanks in advance guys

Last edited by DZ153; 06-15-2014 at 09:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 09:17 AM   #2
BimmerQuest
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 35ix M-Sport MPPK

You can walk in, choose a car from the lot, agree on numbers, then pay/sign and drive away - all in one trip.

You can also work the numbers via email/phone calls. Then all you have to do is show up, sign, and drive away.

It might be challenging coming from the world of made to order (my custom build should be here any day). But if you find something in stock that meets your needs you can definitely get into the new car while you are home.

Next I would search for and solicit feedback on the dealers in your area. I've read a number of threads regarding your neck of the woods that clearly indicate buyers should stay away from a certain chain and/or specific dealers due to their business practices. I'm sure you'll get recommendations of specific salespeople to work with at reputable dealers as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 09:21 AM   #3
DZ153
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerQuest View Post
You can walk in, choose a car from the lot, agree on numbers, then pay/sign and drive away - all in one trip.

You can also work the numbers via email/phone calls. Then all you have to do is show up, sign, and drive away.

It might be challenging coming from the world of made to order (my custom build should be here any day). But if you find something in stock that meets your needs you can definitely get into the new car while you are home.

Next I would search for and solicit feedback on the dealers in your area. I've read a number of threads regarding your neck of the woods that clearly indicate buyers should stay away from a certain chain and/or specific dealers due to their business practices. I'm sure you'll get recommendations of specific salespeople to work with at reputable dealers as well.
Thanks a lot man I appreciate it!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 09:24 AM   #4
Damn Dirty Ape
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 Infiniti Q50S

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZ153 View Post
I know this is kind of a stupid question but hear me out. I have only special ordered cars in past and never bought one straight from the dealership lot. I'm currently away but I will be back home for about a week and I was wondering if it was possible to buy a 428i, get it registered, and take the car out of state in that short period of time. Has anyone had a similar experience? Thanks in advance guys
I bought a new truck in under an hour from walk-in to driveaway. Also did a deal over email and was in and out about 30 minutes. Already agreed-upon price and no-pressure F&I fellow.
Appreciate 0