F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > M Sports Order Number
proTUNING Freaks

07-12-2012, 06:23 AM   #23
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1n View Post
Ya.. I reminded the dealer to get me the VIN.. I'll check back with him to get it when the August production starts.
You know, with this SLOW movement in obtaining any info concerning specific build dates, it comes across as if the dealers are dragging their feet.

Hopefully this NOT the case, but when you read the main forum thread on the M-Sport production, the US orders - albeit from a working assembly line in Germany - have so much information at their fingertips, it makes me almost cry. Their orders are out the door and on ships already!!!

Our orders seem to be in slow motion. Still, as far as I am aware, Rosslyn M-Sport production) comes on line either next week (15th July) or 1st week of August.

With the time so close, why don't we have better communication from the factory?

Why can't we have factory build details here?

VERY frustrating, especially so close in time now.

Calm down and meditate: "M-Sport, M-Sport, Estoril Blue, M-Sport……."
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 06:31 AM   #24
Spikey
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: erratically

Quote:
Originally Posted by David325Australia View Post
You know, with this SLOW movement in obtaining any info concerning specific build dates, it comes across as if the dealers are dragging their feet.

Hopefully this NOT the case, but when you read the main forum thread on the M-Sport production, the US orders - albeit from a working assembly line in Germany - have so much information at their fingertips, it makes me almost cry. Their orders are out the door and on ships already!!!

Our orders seem to be in slow motion. Still, as far as I am aware, Rosslyn M-Sport production) comes on line either next week (15th July) or 1st week of August.

With the time so close, why don't we have better communication from the factory?

Why can't we have factory build details here?

VERY frustrating, especially so close in time now.

Calm down and meditate: "M-Sport, M-Sport, Estoril Blue, M-Sport……."
Totally agree... When reading through the main M-Sport order thread, the US guys have a lot more info on hand and it seems like their builds are already much further ahead compared to ours....

Is this just another 'awesomeness' of being in Aus...
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 04:00 PM   #25
Chris_F30_335
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
Totally agree... When reading through the main M-Sport order thread, the US guys have a lot more info on hand and it seems like their builds are already much further ahead compared to ours....

Is this just another 'awesomeness' of being in Aus...
Indeed it is.

The F30 is a $40-50k car in the US. They move huge amounts of product. They pump the ads and hit the market hard.

I mean, you can get an F30 with cloth seats in the US FFS!

What im getting at is, they gear up the production to sate the US/Euro demands, then they might kick off a run of the old RHD cars for the few aussies after one, who will pay what you can get an Audi supercar for in the states.

Anyway - back to the topic...
DELIVERED! - BMW F30 335i, Mineral White, Luxury Line, 19" 401s, Dynamic M Runing Gear, Variable Sports Steering, Sports Seats, Glass Roof, HUD, Comfort Access, Rear View Camera, Music Interface & all the 335 fruit.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 02:26 AM   #26
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8 V8 '14

I got a letter form BMW Australia about my car arrival month.. did any of u guys get anything similar for the Aug production. It states October delivery.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 03:39 AM   #27
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I got a letter form BMW Australia about my car arrival month.. did any of u guys get anything similar for the Aug production. It states October delivery.
No. I spoke to my dealer (Stillwell) today and they still did not have any updates on my car. Just the order number. Maybe I will receive a letter next week.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 03:47 AM   #28
Spikey
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Nopes.... haven't got didly squat....

Hopefully will get something next week tooo
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 06:52 AM   #29
CrazyLatte
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X4 35i

I got my production number and week from my dealer today. My car will be produced in the 2nd week of August or week 32 as it says on the document...
that document also shows what equipment and options are on my car...

Still no VIN though...
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 06:02 PM   #30
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Obviously we get closer as each day passes. Surprising though that BMW haven't given us details until now and it is trickling through at best. For certain the factory would have order weeks or months in advance, yet we still don't have VINs.

Someone at BMW isn't interested in communicating with us.

At least it's not long to go now.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 08:49 PM   #31
Chris_F30_335
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 335

Quote:
Obviously we get closer as each day passes. Surprising though that BMW haven't given us details until now and it is trickling through at best. For certain the factory would have order weeks or months in advance, yet we still don't have VINs.

Someone at BMW isn't interested in communicating with us.

At least it's not long to go now.
Personally, I found the dealer comms from the BMW dealership laughable.
I had to beg repeatedly and harass and harass them just to get my VIN. When I did it was given to me wrong and I had to guess where it had gone wrong. When I gave them the VIN I thought it was, they said yeah we will get right on it.... *crickets*

The first contact I had from them was: We will have the car at the dealership in three days...

My guess is, that any time before that, there is so much that can go wrong, they have apolicy not to formalise any comms around ETA.

Either way it was a taste-souring experience for me.
DELIVERED! - BMW F30 335i, Mineral White, Luxury Line, 19" 401s, Dynamic M Runing Gear, Variable Sports Steering, Sports Seats, Glass Roof, HUD, Comfort Access, Rear View Camera, Music Interface & all the 335 fruit.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2012, 10:00 PM   #32
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Ok, so a small but not terribly exciting update. After nagging my dealer for an update, I was sent an email yesterday of the screen grab from the Dealer's Vehicle Inquiry website.

As has already been stated by others and verbally by my dealer, our M-Sport cars seem to be slated for a 'Required Production Week' of 32/08/2012 - or the first full week of August. VIN has not yet been assigned. The info has the 'Sub. Prod Week' as 32/08/2012 and 'Conf. Prod Week' of 36/09/2012.

So although our build dates are now a couple of weeks away, there are still months to go before we can post pics, let alone drive the thing.

Chipping away a day at a time. What a long wait - but it will be worth every second!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 03:37 AM   #33
Spikey
Captain
Australia
Rep

Hmmmm.. spoke with my dealer this afternoon and the result? well... still no set date... Still just 'Aug build'... "we'll touch base again closer to end of august" he said....

i guess I'm just no good at this waiting game.....
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 04:33 AM   #34
CrazyLatte
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Hmmmm.. spoke with my dealer this afternoon and the result? well... still no set date... Still just 'Aug build'... "we'll touch base again closer to end of august" he said....

i guess I'm just no good at this waiting game.....
Do you believe him? the dealers have the build week - many of us had it for weeks now...
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 04:48 AM   #35
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8 V8 '14

I believe that we all deserve better comms here for the price we're playing.. >.<
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 05:59 AM   #36
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
closer to end of august
No WAY!!! Far too late. I mean that's almost at the end of time itself. When will we even have time to drive the cars?????
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 06:02 AM   #37
Spikey
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLatte View Post
Do you believe him? the dealers have the build week - many of us had it for weeks now...
That I don't... I do believe that they have a date but for whatever reason, haven't issued it. I can understand from their end they're trying to manage the customer's expectation...

Either way, I know it's a waiting game... just came on to here to rant...
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 06:05 AM   #38
Spikey
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
No WAY!!! Far too late. I mean that's almost at the end of time itself. When will we even have time to drive the cars?????
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 04:01 PM   #39
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Seriously, all joking aside. We all knew months ago, that the M-Sport was slated to begin production in July. That has already happened - pretty much in Germany. Rosslyn, S.A. is coming on line with the M-Sports at the beginning of August, all being well.

So it's not so much that the dealers aren't being truthful or forthcoming with information, it's the factory itself, which is 'slow' to advise and update.

Even on the main M-Sport tracking thread, some US buyers are having difficulty extracting info from the tracking website.

I know it's been a month by month wait and as we draw closer and closer to our cars' build dates, we are even more anxious that ever for information - but remember, once our cars go into production, it's STILL 6 to 8 weeks before we get to drive them!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 07:23 PM   #40
Spikey
Captain
Australia
Rep

[QUOTE=David325Australia;12383496]Even on the main M-Sport tracking thread, some US buyers are having difficulty extracting info from the tracking website.
/QUOTE]

Slightly O/T Question: (feel i should know the answer but i don't )
Do we have a tracking website like the guys in the States that shows the car's status at each stage?
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 10:10 PM   #41
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Slightly O/T Question: (feel i should know the answer but i don't )Do we have a tracking website like the guys in the States that shows the car's status at each stage?
No, we don't here. It's up to our dealers to update us with production schedules - if they can be bothered. Of course we can harass them on a daily basis once production starts, but details may not be updated as often.

Once on the ship, no problems tracking it's journey to Australia.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 06:47 AM   #42
CrazyLatte
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
As has already been stated by others and verbally by my dealer, our M-Sport cars seem to be slated for a 'Required Production Week' of 32/08/2012 - or the first full week of August. VIN has not yet been assigned. The info has the 'Sub. Prod Week' as 32/08/2012 and 'Conf. Prod Week' of 36/09/2012.
does anyone know the difference between sub. production week and conf production week? I know that my car has a substitute production week of 31 but a confirmed production week of 32. I wonder if my car is going to be produced in week 31 or 32...
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2012, 02:15 AM   #43
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Spoke with my dealer today, being mid week 32.
Surprise, surprise. Nothing changed.
Status is still 111.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 03:47 PM   #44
Spikey
Captain
Australia
Rep

So ummmm does this shortage of 403 19" M-Sport Rims affect us then?

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=725777
Appreciate 0