F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Screen - no signal message
proTUNING Freaks

03-21-2013, 10:27 PM   #89
sgbk
Rep
Drives: F30

@ErastFandorin: Can you send me your upgrade software ? I would like to install and test it for my screen to fix this broblem. thanks.
Email: info@sgbk.net
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 11:49 AM   #90
speedf
Rep
Drives: F30 320d

When I was originally told that a "software update" would solve the problem, I was also told that it wasn't user updateable (i.e. not through the normal software update option in the media system).

However, the software update didn't fix the problem. The only thing that seems to have fixed it is to have the entire radio replaced. My advice to all who are experiencing this problem is to push BMW to stop messing around with software updates and get the radio hardware replaced - BMW seem to be reluctant to do this due to the cost (one BMW guy told me that this was an extremely expensive route - but it certainly seems to have fixed the problem for me!).
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 03:53 PM   #91
ErastFandorin
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Luxury Imperial Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbk View Post
@ErastFandorin: Can you send me your upgrade software ? I would like to install and test it for my screen to fix this broblem. thanks.
Email: info@sgbk.net
You seem to have misunderstood. The software update did not fix the problem. Maybe you should take your car back to the dealer instead of asking folk to email their software updates.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2013, 04:43 PM   #92
Bayf
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d Ed

Still got the issue

I took mine in and they didn't fix it. It goes in for a service soon so will raise it again. Also, and this is a long shot. Does anyone have any issue with the 12v power socket just under the front console. I have. DVD player that I use for the kids. The player keeps starting over and over again after a few mins of running. I try it on mains power and will be running it in the wife's car soon to see if it is ok in hers. Basically I wondered if the two could be related. I also have dodgy loud fans and the passenger side won't blow upwards, but that is surly unrelated.

I love my 320d from a driving perspective but these annoying issues really are frustrating from a premium marque.

Bayf
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2013, 07:37 AM   #93
YeaG30
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i

Garage List
The "No Signal" appeared for me last night. After a quick search, I came across this thread and read through to see what everyone else has been experiencing. I have not had this error message come up once since I got the car in Aug. 2012. However, the message appeared only 1 day after I changed something within my car. I have an iPhone 5 and it is synced with the car for phone calls only (no bluetooth audio streaming). About 3 days ago I had to warranty replace my iPhone for a broken "sleep/wake" button. I had a few issues re-syncing the new phone with the car and it seems to be in line with the "no signal" error message. I have my first service due in 1000 miles so I will just add the service for BMW to diagnose. I will provide resolution if something comes of it, but perhaps this piece of information may be similar to others with bluetooth syncing and the "no signal" correlating.
      07-28-2013, 05:05 PM   #94
JUSKIDN
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 EBII 328i M Sport

Ive had it happen 3 times to me so far. I have my iPhone with the blue tooth on and also have comfort access if those are the common denominators. The dealership did the software update at my first service appt but this occurred after. I also made a video of it the last time it happened and will show the dealer the next time I go in for service just to get it logged down in my record.
      07-28-2013, 07:35 PM   #95
PrazVT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M240i 6mt (soon)

I had my 2nd episode of the 'no signal' reboot cycle today. I had to pull an all nighter at work and got home this morning around 8am. I had to go back to the office around 1:30 and the 'no signal' issue started. When I left work around 4:30, the issue was still there

I guess it's time to call the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 12:34 PM   #96
PrazVT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M240i 6mt (soon)

I did the same ..took a video of it happening and showed it to my CA when I brought the car in; it's been there since Thursday and the techs are trying to figure it out. Meanwhile, sort of enjoying the loaner '13 X3 with all the iDrive bells/whistles.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 08:48 AM   #97
JUSKIDN
Captain
United_States
Rep

I brought mine in yesterday for the "no signal" message and blank screen. The ran the test on it and didnt get any fault codes. The tech did say BMW is aware and are working to correct the problem. When its available I ail be able to come back in for a software update to correct the problem.

The dealer even took a small moth out of my 3rd taillight without me asking. Unsure hot it even got in there and I wasnt really worried about it but Im glad they did.
      08-09-2013, 08:49 AM   #98
JUSKIDN
Captain
United_States
Rep

He also said there was a lady in that am that had a bug in her tail light they removed. Im unsure how these bugs are getting in a closed system?
      08-13-2013, 02:58 PM   #99
YeaG30
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i

Garage List
Update from recent events with my car being serviced -

I took my car in last week to have what the SA refers to as a "radio replacement". The part was special ordered and took about a month to arrive. BMW replaced the radio and then reprogrammed the car with the most recent software. They called me to inform me my vehicle was read for pick up. Unfortunately, I lost all of my settings but I expected that but when I realized my ipod wasn't plugged in (they unplug it when they do service to add the software I assume) and it the new radio wouldn't recognize the ipod. The port was receiving power and I tried different cords and different devices and nothing worked. So I went right back over the next day and threw them the keys and told them to give it a fix. Apparently the new radio was defective according to BMW NA and the only fix was another radio replacement. I will keep everyone posted on whether or not the new radio fixes the "no signal" issue.
      08-15-2013, 05:34 PM   #100
KT_F31_EBII
First Time Bimmer
Australia
Rep
Drives: F31 328i M Sport EB II

I had received my first orange NO Signal on black backdrop while driving to work this morning. I just had the car delivered on Monday, 4 days old drive away.

Driving conditions: key fob in my right jacket pocket, iPhone 5 plugin to USB port and playing music, Eco-pro mode with ass off. I can still drive the car and after showing no signal fora minute, the system was rebooted itself and back to normal.

I have comfort access but scratched my head what was going on.

Ordered Due August 2017: 2017 Audi A4 AVANT 2.0 TFSI Quattro MY17 S-Line, Exclusive Nogaro Blue
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #101
3toM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i EB Msport

Happened to me this morning driving into work. Doesn't sound like there has been a definite fix. If so, can someone please post??
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 03:03 PM   #102
capt_slow
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31 328d

Garage List
Sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead. Thought I'd reply instead of creating a new one.

My NBT unit is also having this problem, frequency is about once a week, but I only drive this car on the weekends.

Screen randomly goes to NO SIGNAL as in pic, I suspect the NBT-to-Screen harness or NBT-side connector to the screen is bad. System stays like this for about 1-2 minutes before NBT self-reboots and system recovers.

08-11-2015, 03:30 AM   #103
Bols
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: F36 AW 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_slow View Post
Sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead. Thought I'd reply instead of creating a new one.

My NBT unit is also having this problem, frequency is about once a week, but I only drive this car on the weekends.

Screen randomly goes to NO SIGNAL as in pic, I suspect the NBT-to-Screen harness or NBT-side connector to the screen is bad. System stays like this for about 1-2 minutes before NBT self-reboots and system recovers.

Just had this last weekend as well.. Twice in succession, you could also hear the speakers "thump" when they lost and regained power. Haven't had it since though.. I was on the main menu, playing regular fm radio. Iphone 6 was connected through bluetooth. Suspect bad wiring or something with the bluetooth connection that caused it to hang?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2015, 11:57 PM   #104
yaaj32
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Any update? my screen started doing this tonight. I just had an oil change done 1 month ago exactly. Also had a recall for corrosion prevention done on it. When I received my car back, all my settings were reset... peharps software update? I wonder what might be the cause of this. Anyone has any suggestions. Did a bit of research on this and on other forums, but it seems no one has the definite answer. Will update if I have anything more to add...
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 05:47 AM   #105
rolltidef32
National Championship #17 and Counting!
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW i3s and 2019 X5

My screen did this once. Seems like it was part of a system reboot sequence.

Took around 2-3 minutes for my iDrive to come back on. Not sure if it was a software update or if the car just lost its satellite connection.

Packs: Technology, Driver Assistance, HK Audio, Park Distance Control
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 04:24 PM   #106
SRB
Private
Rep
Drives: 428i

1st time - 8K KM - 1.5 years old

Seems I've joined the club

car is 1.5 years old with 8K KM's - received the 'no signal' message for the first time ever.

Will bring it to the dealer, but they tend to be useless.

Worse part is we only get 2 year warranty here, and I am barely driving the car (expect to put on another 2.4K KMs until the warranty expires) - so shortly any problems will be mine.

If I actually believed BMW could fix a problem I would buy the extended warranty - but I have no confidence from what I've read, they will 'fix' the 'no signal' problem.

On a positive note, I did have a rattle that I brought in to fix and shockingly they fixed it.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2016, 08:43 PM   #107
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

"No signal" twice today. We were playing a podcast via iPhone 6.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2016, 03:06 PM   #108
malc1
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 F31 335d xDrive M Sport

2014 330d XDrive touring and in the last fortnight I have had the ' No signal ' message appear on the main display panel.

Seems to be a reboot but not sure and just randomly went off for the second time tonight.
Thought it happened after jolting the car going into a small pot hole but could be imagining it.

8000 miles on the car which had its first service last week.

What's the final solution here guys?
      12-06-2016, 01:53 AM   #109
BMWwF30
Registered
Rep
Drives: SoonF30

Hi,

Same problem here.
BMW F30 318dA, 2013.
I have Prof NAVI system.

But you all discussed about your environment when it happened - we should really share the current SOFTWARE VERSIONS of the car when we started to receive this errors!

Because my NO SIGNAL message appeared 1 day after the Software Update.

New software version:
Add-on: HN-002.255.073
Media: MN-002.018.071
Phone: TN-002.018.070

Previously I did not even had this "Add-on" annotation in my list, it appeared after the software update. If it happens again, this NO SIGNAL, I will try to revert the Software back to original.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2017, 01:20 PM   #110
CLiveR
Registered
Rep
Drives: X4

Have a 12 month old X4 and the "No Service" appeared on the blank screen yesterday . Phoned the BMW service department who offered no advice to remedy other than to take the car in to their service department . No explanation of why it happened or if there have been previous reports of this happening.
Any suggestions of how to sort it?
Thanks
Appreciate 0