F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Damaged already....
Studio RSR

03-14-2013, 07:19 AM   #1
Steve_M_Sport
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: U06 230e Active Tourer

Damaged already....

Some b@st@rd has hit my car and damaged it already and it is only 6 days old. No note left of course ! Too deep to polish out.

Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 07:28 AM   #2
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: AMG C63s Coupe & F56 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_M_Sport View Post
Some b@st@rd has hit my car and damaged it already and it is only 6 days old. No note left of course ! Too deep to polish out.

Feel gutted for you have had this in past and heart wrenching, hope you get it back 100%, people dont care i parked in local supermarket one days miles from anyone and a lady drew up beside me and i could not hardly get out of my car
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 07:35 AM   #3
Johnny5iv3
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 320i MSport EBII

Seeing that just makes me angry! Some people are just total sh!t at driving and don't give a toss about their own cars never mind others.

Hope you can get it sorted soon mate.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 07:46 AM   #4
elgandashvili
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Living in NYC, I've had scratches of that type almost non stop on previous coupe. I used to use paint and clear coat combo that I bought at dealership and did the job fine. I used to clean it with powdered household cleaner to remove dirt and minor paint residue and then apply the paint with brush slowly. To make you feel a little better this is the damage to my current car. I was parked and still in the car
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 08:01 AM   #5
zorroone
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Dravit Grey G21 M340d

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekh929 View Post
Feel gutted for you have had this in past and heart wrenching, hope you get it back 100%, people dont care i parked in local supermarket one days miles from anyone and a lady drew up beside me and i could not hardly get out of my car
It makes you wonder should you buy a new car. Gut renching
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 08:03 AM   #6
Mav12
Private
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 335i / '01 S54 Mcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgandashvili
Living in NYC, I've had scratches of that type almost non stop on previous coupe. I used to use paint and clear coat combo that I bought at dealership and did the job fine. I used to clean it with powdered household cleaner to remove dirt and minor paint residue and then apply the paint with brush slowly. To make you feel a little better this is the damage to my current car. I was parked and still in the car
Where is that screenshot from exactly? A camera u have set up on the dash?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 08:06 AM   #7
Sabo
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F21 M140i

I feel for you mate I'll be mad too, I would recommend to go to bmw smart repair as the damage on the edge of the panel and being new car they very likely would be able to fix it without painting the whole bumper. I did have good experience with smart repair with my previous car on the side skirt as they blended in nicely and it was a year old paint but they use original bmw paint.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 08:08 AM   #8
elgandashvili
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav12 View Post
Where is that screenshot from exactly? A camera u have set up on the dash?
Smn slashed my tires and wrote some hate message on my hood several months ago so I got the dual dash camera and later a parking spot too. It is mounted next to rearview mirror and plugged in the trunk console. Can't really see if from outside.
during the accident the other driver actually claimed I hit her and police wrote report all messed up, gave me sh** and her insurance denied any payment to me consequently. But as soon as they saw the photos they took 100% responsibility.
I def recommend it. Feel much safer driving.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 08:12 AM   #9
changed
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 Msport

ouch.. hope it gets sorted m8 that drives you mad.

i'm hoping the ahole that keyed the bonnet on my 1coupe on my drive when it was weeks old inst still around when my F31 gets delivered..
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 08:35 AM   #10
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgandashvili View Post
Have you a link to more info on the camera and where you get them as over to NYC soon, thanks Derek
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 09:47 AM   #11
JRINNS
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi A5 Cab and Jag XJ

Garage List
Quote:
Have you a link to more info on the camera and where you get them as over to NYC soon, thanks Derek
The clue is in the screenshot http://www.vacron.com/

cant seem to find a UK stockist but the http://www.dogcamsport.co.uk/roadhaw...ar-camera.html looks to be near identical regarding the screenshot layout
+ 1 more undecided.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 10:08 AM   #12
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive

So sorry about the damage. It's most upsetting and I feel for you.
Same thing happened to me to my front bumper along the edge, but the buggers waited 2 weeks. It was perfectly repaired by a smart fix by BMW.
      03-14-2013, 10:14 AM   #13
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRINNS View Post
The clue is in the screenshot http://www.vacron.com/

cant seem to find a UK stockist but the http://www.dogcamsport.co.uk/roadhaw...ar-camera.html looks to be near identical regarding the screenshot layout
So i need i new pair of glasses as well never noticed it thanks, will have a search on net
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 11:12 AM   #14
elgandashvili
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So i need i new pair of glasses as well never noticed it thanks, will have a search on net
Sure. I got mine zetronix.com as they had the best price. On that site its called zblackbox 2000HD. I found one on ebay as well by more expensive. I wanted a dual cam (inside, outside recording) and this one was the smallest I found. If you only need exterior recording, blackvue.com has good ones too.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 02:03 PM   #15
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny5iv3 View Post
Seeing that just makes me angry! Some people are just total sh!t at driving and don't give a toss about their own cars never mind others.

Hope you can get it sorted soon mate.
+1 F#ckers ........and the reason I park in the furthest corner in any parking lot.

Hope you get it sorted.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 02:17 PM   #16
crazybones
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 718S Boxster, Tesla Model Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
+1 F#ckers ........and the reason I park in the furthest corner in any parking lot.

Hope you get it sorted.
You're not alone in parking in the furthest corner or top of a multi storey. However, isn't it amazing the number of times that you return to your car, only to find another car parked close in the adjacent bay!

A friend has just bought an Evoque and parked in the far corner of Sainsburys car park, only to come back and find an old Defender parked really close. It obviously was showing some Land Rover love - they were the only 2 cars in the row. He was not amused
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 02:22 PM   #17
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330e MSport

Sorry to here...
I know exactly how this feels. Had it in my E46 2 weeks into owning it. Some car swiped it and left no note. Cost me £350. Didn't bother going through insurance as it would cost more in the long run.
// /M-Sport | Mineral Grey | Coral Red Leather | M Sport Plus Pack | Media Pro Plus Pack | Active Security Pack | Adaptive LED Lights | Advanced Parking Pack | Interior Comfort Pack | Enhanced Bluetooth with Wireless Charging| Black Performance Grill | Heated Seats | Heated Steering | Speed Limit Display

Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 02:32 PM   #18
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybones View Post
You're not alone in parking in the furthest corner or top of a multi storey. However, isn't it amazing the number of times that you return to your car, only to find another car parked close in the adjacent bay!

A friend has just bought an Evoque and parked in the far corner of Sainsburys car park, only to come back and find an old Defender parked really close. It obviously was showing some Land Rover love - they were the only 2 cars in the row. He was not amused
Yes it is amazing to come back and find someone parked tight up next to you. What I don't realise is that the worst drivers, the ones that can't manage parking in a normal space, seek out loners like mine and use them as a parking reference. .....scary thought.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #19
sunscreemer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i xDrive M Sport Saloon

The annoying thing is if I catch someone vandalising my car and I subsequently beat them to death, I'M the one in the wrong?!?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 06:54 PM   #20
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

What do you think of this camera?

http://www.blackvue.co.kr/en/contents/sub1.asp?idx=16
      03-15-2013, 06:18 AM   #21
RobUK
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 340i MPPSK

Garage List
To the OP, really sorry to hear about the damage - had the same happen to me on a car that was 2 weeks old. Parked at a supermarket, away from everyone else and some f&£kwit parked next to me and opened their door into mine leaving a nice dent smack bang in the middle of the drivers door! Know just how you feel

Knowing that the vast majority of the supermarket-going British public are a bunch of lazy, ignorant, selfish b@$t@rd$ who can't even be *rsed to push their trolleys back to a trolley bay, who park as near as possible to the entrance cos they're too bone idle to walk, and who feast on McDonalds only to drop their litter next to the car before driving off... (I'm holding back here! ) I always park away from anyone in the farthest corner possible.

What I'd give to have an ED 209 standing guard over my pride'n'joy while I'm away...

Life is a state of mind
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 07:15 AM   #22
oop north
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Subaru Outback 3.0R

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
No personal experience but I believe a few Discovery owners have them fitted (you might find some reference if you do a search on disco3.co.uk)
Appreciate 0