F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > Melbourne Red F30 w/ Wolfgang Duo
GetBMWParts

03-29-2015, 10:34 PM   #1
JP1200
Rep
Drives: 2012 328

Melbourne Red F30 w/ Wolfgang Duo

I purchased a CPO 328 a couple weeks ago and while I am very happy with the car, the paint left a lot to be desired. Up until a couple years ago I had always taken great care in maintaining my cars. That changed a little bit when I traded my MKVI GTI in for a 2014 Grand Cherokee. The jeep is just too big to keep spotless as a DD. Now that I am back in something more reasonably sized, I have been itching to get back into the detailing groove.

Disclaimer: I am not a professional (detailer or photographer) so take it easy on me.

Products Used:
Optimum No-rinse and two buckets
Nanoskin Sponge (Fine grade)
Nanoskin Glide mixed 7:1
Harbor Freight DA polisher
Lake Country 5" backing plate
Lake Country 5.5" flat pads (Orange, White, Black)
Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover
Wolfgang Finishing Glaze
Menzerna Power Lock

After reading several reviews of the Wolfgang TSR and FG combo I decided to give it a try. I recently order enough microfibers and various cleaning elements to earn a couple free 2oz. samples so that is what I used here. I don't generally have the 8 hours or so it would take to two-step a car all at once, so I like to break it up. I really only did the hood this weekend and the top of the trunk lid as my test spot.

I am really happy with the Wolfgang stuff. I did get quite a bit of dusting with the TSR, but I am chalking that up to being a little rusty with the DA. Wipedown was a breeze and Powerlock is always a dream to work with. Here are couple more of the car all cleaned up, please excuse the ridiculous bumper wart.

Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 09:46 AM   #2
casualDIYer
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i xDrive M Sport

I've used the Wolfgang stuff myself and had good results. The sealant works well and water continues to bead months after application. I later learned Wolfgang is Menzerna OEM. Not surprised. While no one likes the price everyone likes the results. I think this summer I'll give it a try.
Appreciate 0