F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Build week! :)
Studio RSR

12-10-2012, 07:49 AM   #89
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjberry View Post
I think the cars just get loaded onto the next ship on the route. I think I worked out that my car came on a Spanish ship that just happened to be next from what I could tell.

the next step after you've found out your car is at Port of Exit stage is to draw up a short list of ships Check out the Cuxhaven departures too to get the full picture. You won't know which ship your car is on until it arrives, then you can back track to find out. I'll grant you it's a pointless exercise once you get to that stage but it helps to fill that gap between knowing it's in the country and picking it up
Good info, thanks So it will definitely be leaving from Cuxhaven rather than Bremerhaven, and then onto Immingham as John says? If so, should be able to narrow it down as you say
      12-10-2012, 08:08 AM   #90
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i Ruby Red II

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkW83 View Post
Good info, thanks So it will definitely be leaving from Cuxhaven rather than Bremerhaven, and then onto Immingham as John says? If so, should be able to narrow it down as you say
My car did the Cuxhaven to Southampton route but yours would seem to be Immingham bound to head oop north

Having a quick look, the Seatruck Progress is due to leave Cuxhaven tonight to arrive in Immingham tomorrow at 5pm. There is also the Hafnia Seaways that leaves Cuxhaven tomorrow evening to arrive in Immingham at about 8pm on Wednesday.

If I had more time I'd see if I could find others but unfortunately I've gotta dash!! I wouldn't want to spoil your fun either
      12-10-2012, 08:22 AM   #91
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjberry View Post
My car did the Cuxhaven to Southampton route but yours would seem to be Immingham bound to head oop north

Having a quick look, the Seatruck Progress is due to leave Cuxhaven tonight to arrive in Immingham tomorrow at 5pm. There is also the Hafnia Seaways that leaves Cuxhaven tomorrow evening to arrive in Immingham at about 8pm on Wednesday.

If I had more time I'd see if I could find others but unfortunately I've gotta dash!! I wouldn't want to spoil your fun either
Thanks mate, all great info! I've read stories of cars waiting at port for days and even a couple of weeks before getting on a ship - given the time of year etc., do you think I will likely have a short wait before getting on a ship, so should catch one of these two imminent ones??

All good fun

Last edited by MarkW83; 12-10-2012 at 08:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 09:16 AM   #92
M40WST
Private
Rep
Drives: MINI Cooper,Previous F30 316d

Quote:
Good news, don't forget pics
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
Pictures required earliest
As soon as i'm in front of the car pictures will be obtained
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 10:45 AM   #93
pirulove
Major G33k
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 320d M Sport Estoril Blue

Interesting.... Just spoke with CS who said my car was at sea on the way to the UK.... Hmmmm
      12-10-2012, 12:31 PM   #94
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirulove View Post
Interesting.... Just spoke with CS who said my car was at sea on the way to the UK.... Hmmmm
Good news! So yours was 'pre eu port of exit' on 7th (Friday) and on a ship today, mine is at pre eu today, so should be on a ship very soon, going by that :-) There are apparently 5 ships a week to Immingham from Cuxhaven. 1 day at sea (landing Wed at the latest), Immingham is only 70 miles from my dealer in Leeds, so I reckon it will be at my dealer for Friday/Saturday this week at a push - realistic?

Last edited by MarkW83; 12-10-2012 at 12:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 01:06 PM   #95
Redbaron1973
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 and G02 X4

Been told my car will be here mid/late January - only ordered on Friday so am very very pleased!

__________________________________________________ ________________

G02 X4 MSport X - Carbon Black w Black / Comfort Pack / Tech Pack / Privacy
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 02:54 PM   #96
pirulove
Major G33k
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Good news! So yours was 'pre eu port of exit' on 7th (Friday) and on a ship today, mine is at pre eu today, so should be on a ship very soon, going by that :-) There are apparently 5 ships a week to Immingham from Cuxhaven. 1 day at sea (landing Wed at the latest), Immingham is only 70 miles from my dealer in Leeds, so I reckon it will be at my dealer for Friday/Saturday this week at a push - realistic?
Its great news, I must come across so cynical haha! Just quite surprised how smoothly everything has gone. After reading some of the trials and tribulations people had gone through on here I was expecting there to be some hic ups.....

Not sure about Friday/Saturday, how long does it take for the dealers to prep the cars?
      12-10-2012, 03:06 PM   #97
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Its great news, I must come across so cynical haha! Just quite surprised how smoothly everything has gone. After reading some of the trials and tribulations people had gone through on here I was expecting there to be some hic ups.....

Not sure about Friday/Saturday, how long does it take for the dealers to prep the cars?
Same here, once mine boards the ship I'll be happy, nothing much can go wrong from that point (as long as the ship doesn't sink)

The dealer could turn around the PDI in 2 hours if they wanted to and if they have the staff ready; realistically, maybe 2 days?
      12-10-2012, 03:38 PM   #98
pirulove
Major G33k
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Same here, once mine boards the ship I'll be happy, nothing much can go wrong from that point (as long as the ship doesn't sink)

The dealer could turn around the PDI in 2 hours if they wanted to and if they have the staff ready; realistically, maybe 2 days?
Lol lets hope not! Apparently some ship is on fire in Dover at the moment :O

O wow that's pretty quick! My dealer did say he didn't want to promise the 17th but if its on the ship already as we speak to the UK, looks like it has quite the possibility of being ready next week!

Fingers crossed you get some good news on yours tomorrow being "at sea"
      12-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #99
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Lol lets hope not! Apparently some ship is on fire in Dover at the moment :O

O wow that's pretty quick! My dealer did say he didn't want to promise the 17th but if its on the ship already as we speak to the UK, looks like it has quite the possibility of being ready next week!

Fingers crossed you get some good news on yours tomorrow being "at sea"
Yeah I heard about that ship being on fire, hope no-one was hurt; selfishly made me thankful it wasn't a BMW ship though!!

It looks like 1-2 (actually 1 1/2) days at sea from when it leaves port; then assuming they don't go to e.g. Thorne for prepping (don't think they do anymore), it should be 2-3 days to your dealer if all goes to plan; then your dealer can basically turn it round for you as quickly as they want. So you should be good for pickup early to mid next week I'd say!

Hopefully mine will be just a day or two behind yours; looking forward to any of the 'in transit' status's (statii??)

All seems very quick and running smoothly as you say; I think maybe because of the time of year?
      12-10-2012, 03:47 PM   #100
F30FAN
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport -

Quote:
Yeah I heard about that ship being on fire, hope no-one was hurt; selfishly made me thankful it wasn't a BMW ship though!!

It looks like 1-2 (actually 1 1/2) days at sea from when it leaves port; then assuming they don't go to e.g. Thorne for prepping (don't think they do anymore), it should be 2-3 days to your dealer if all goes to plan; then your dealer can basically turn it round for you as quickly as they want. So you should be good for pickup early to mid next week I'd say!

Hopefully mine will be just a day or two behind yours; looking forward to any of the 'in transit' status's (statii??)

All seems very quick and running smoothly as you say; I think maybe because of the time of year?
Mark..It sure does...so dont jinx it!!..

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781108
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 05:08 AM   #101
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Well, I'm apparently not on a ship yet (still pre-eu port of exit); though I don't know if it's just their system that hasn't updated (last update was yesterday)...
      12-11-2012, 05:48 AM   #102
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Just got my Connected Drive username/password texted today, did the application a couple of weeks ago. What does that mean as to where the car is...anything or nothing?

Last edited by MarkW83; 12-11-2012 at 06:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 06:00 AM   #103
pirulove
Major G33k
United Kingdom
Rep

Shock, Horror. Spoke to CS this morning, system is showing my car at dealer :O! Left message for dealer to confirm.....!
      12-11-2012, 06:18 AM   #104
crowdedhouse
Second Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 2021 G20 330d mSport

Mine is 5100 In Body Shop
      12-11-2012, 06:47 AM   #105
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Shock, Horror. Spoke to CS this morning, system is showing my car at dealer :O! Left message for dealer to confirm.....!
Wow, that's a bit quick! Are we to assume your "pre-eu port of exit" as of the 7th wasn't up to date then?
      12-11-2012, 06:48 AM   #106
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowdedhouse View Post
Mine is 5100 In Body Shop
Nice one, when is your expected delivery date?
      12-11-2012, 06:56 AM   #107
crowdedhouse
Second Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 2021 G20 330d mSport

Quote:
Nice one, when is your expected delivery date?
Week 2

Second week of January according to sales guy......who only really rang to tell me the price has gone up €1200 due to tax changers in the budget
      12-11-2012, 06:57 AM   #108
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowdedhouse View Post
Week 2

Second week of January according to sales guy......who only really rang to tell me the price has gone up €1200 due to tax changers in the budget
Crikey, is that as of 1st Jan?
      12-11-2012, 07:46 AM   #109
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Just got my Connected Drive username/password texted today, did the application a couple of weeks ago. What does that mean as to where the car is...anything or nothing?
NADA I am afraid
      12-11-2012, 07:49 AM   #110
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
NADA I am afraid
Boo... still at port apparently, was hoping it would be on a ship by now, hopefully tonight...