F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > M Sport Ordered!
Studio RSR

05-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #1
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i Ruby Red II

M Sport Ordered!

Ordered my 320d M Sport last Thursday and can't wait. Showing as late September delivery Had been toying with the 328i but decided against it at the last.

Went with:
Estoril Blue
Pro Nav system
Visibility Pack
Internet
H/K Speakers
Front & Rear sensors
Adaptive M Sport suspension
Variable Steering
M Sport brakes
Sun Protection Glass
Folding Mirrors
Heated front seats
Mobile phone app prep
DAB radio

Probably far more than I needed but it's my first BMW so thought I'd go crazy! Managed to get a 6% discount off the price and the 5.9% APR so was pretty happy.

It's gonna be a long wait
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 08:50 PM   #2
ikonic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BSM F30 328I M-Sport

Congrats!

Great spec as well, although I personally would have given the variable steering a miss. I tired it before on a 5, and thought it corrupted the steering feel IMO.

Can I ask; did you get 5.9% APR through BMW's own finance?

As when I went to order, the 5.9% deal wasn't showing as being available for the M-Sport. It could only be ordered with the various other lines.

I'm going to be mad if they suddenly changed it after I ordered!
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 12:18 AM   #3
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

I wasn't sure about the variable steering either but we have a fairly tight turning circle at home and the salesman convinced me the steering would be much easier. No doubt the usual rubbish to get a sale.

The 5.9% is through BMW's finance. Originally I was told it wasn't available but I told them the APR was too high otherwise and if they did the deal then we had a deal. Took them a couple of minutes to agree but they did. At that point I decided to push my luck and got them to discount the car price too.

Either they were desperate for a sale or I'm a better haggler than I thought
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 06:35 AM   #4
Jon D
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2022 840d

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjberry View Post
Ordered my 320d M Sport...
...Estoril Blue...
Are you talking about the new 3'er? I've looked at the configurator and I can't see either Estoril Blue or 'M' Sport.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 06:52 AM   #5
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Yes, the new 3'er. It still isn't on the configurator as far as I know but the dealership had all the details.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 07:12 AM   #6
Jon D
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Yes, the new 3'er. It still isn't on the configurator as far as I know but the dealership had all the details.
I 'googled' Estoril Blue - very nice colour, was it a special order or is it a standard option on the M Sport?
I hope it's the latter as I'm waiting for the coupé introduction next year and that shade of blue will suit it very well.
Well done on the 6% discount, especially considering that it's on the latest model - did you have to fight hard to get it?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 07:27 AM   #7
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon D View Post
I 'googled' Estoril Blue - very nice colour, was it a special order or is it a standard option on the M Sport?
I hope it's the latter as I'm waiting for the coupé introduction next year and that shade of blue will suit it very well.
Well done on the 6% discount, especially considering that it's on the latest model - did you have to fight hard to get it?
It's a standard option for the M Sport. They had a couple of the new 1 M Sports in Estoril Blue and the colour looked better than the pictures.

I was quite surprised to get that much of a discount. They did seem keen to make a deal but initially they were only prepared to match the 5.9% on the APR. I asked about further discount and they said that as the APR was so low they weren't prepared to discount any further. I had been talking to another dealer and had a back up plan from them so when I mentioned that I'd had a great deal offered elsewhere they suddenly changed their minds. Matched the other offer, added on a few extra options and rounded the monthly payment down to the nearest £5.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 07:55 AM   #8
Jon D
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
It's a standard option for the M Sport. They had a couple of the new 1 M Sports in Estoril Blue and the colour looked better than the pictures.

I was quite surprised to get that much of a discount. They did seem keen to make a deal but initially they were only prepared to match the 5.9% on the APR. I asked about further discount and they said that as the APR was so low they weren't prepared to discount any further. I had been talking to another dealer and had a back up plan from them so when I mentioned that I'd had a great deal offered elsewhere they suddenly changed their minds. Matched the other offer, added on a few extra options and rounded the monthly payment down to the nearest £5.
Thanks, that's good news about the colour; however, every silver lining has a cloud around it, which means I'll be going back to the stone chip misery I had with my Le Mans Blue E92 .
Do you mind if I ask which dealer gave you the discount?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 08:02 AM   #9
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon D View Post
Thanks, that's good news about the colour; however, every silver lining has a cloud around it, which means I'll be going back to the stone chip misery I had with my Le Mans Blue E92 .
Do you mind if I ask which dealer gave you the discount?
The two dealers I was dealing with were the ones in Newport and Bristol. Bristol was where I ended up buying from.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 09:06 AM   #10
Jon D
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep

Thanks for the info - enjoy the car when you get it.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 10:14 AM   #11
Jahman
Rep
Drives: F30 320d MSport

Trying to order a 320d M Sport as a company car but the contract hire company came back to me yeterday saying they are unable to get any pricing info for the M Sport from BMW. Also noticed on the BMW web site that you are unable to configure the M Sport Models.

Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 11:41 PM   #12
ikonic
Private First Class
Rep

^^^^^
I imagine you'll have to wait a few more weeks before it starts to appear on the company car lists. It's not on ours yet either.

Online configurator will hopefully be updates soon, but you can definitely go into your local dealer today to spec one up.

Sounds likee you got a great deal RJ; my negotiations skills are clearly a bit pap after failing to get the 5.9%
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 01:12 AM   #13
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikonic View Post
^^^^^
I imagine you'll have to wait a few more weeks before it starts to appear on the company car lists. It's not on ours yet either.

Online configurator will hopefully be updates soon, but you can definitely go into your local dealer today to spec one up.
I'm hoping the new models come up on the configurator soon, although I reckon I'll be down the dealer the next day to add on a few more options

Quote:
Sounds likee you got a great deal RJ; my negotiations skills are clearly a bit pap after failing to get the 5.9%
I wouldn't be too hard on your negotiation skills, I'm usually the person that will just sign at the first offer. I think it had more to do with a big deposit, a long spec list and end of month coming up.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 04:16 AM   #14
ikonic
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I'm hoping the new models come up on the configurator soon, although I reckon I'll be down the dealer the next day to add on a few more options

Lol. Me too!!

The one thing I'm wishing a specced was the M-Sport brakes.

I think they'll look incredible on your estoril blue car, but seeing as I've gone for Sapphire black, you think the blue callipers will go well with it?

I keep umming and ahhing about whether to add them. They're an unnecessary luxury; but I do like idle pub chat and bragging about my callipers :P

If you could choose red, i think I'd have them in a shot.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 07:06 AM   #15
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Lol. Me too!!

The one thing I'm wishing a specced was the M-Sport brakes.

I think they'll look incredible on your estoril blue car, but seeing as I've gone for Sapphire black, you think the blue callipers will go well with it?
I think you could get away with them with the black and they will certainly stand out more. It's a tough call though and you may just have to wait until the configurator comes on line to give you a better idea.

Quote:
I keep umming and ahhing about whether to add them. They're an unnecessary luxury; but I do like idle pub chat and bragging about my callipers :P

If you could choose red, i think I'd have them in a shot.
I think most options are an unnecessary luxury but the way I see it is I'm going to have this car for years so why not enjoy it. I must admit I only added them for the look, I can't see myself flinging the car around bends so much that I'll have to rely on them but who knows.... They will certainly add bragging rights

I'm now considering the Head-Up Display. I know it's an expensive and mostly unnecessary addition but still.

It's going to be a long 17 weeks or so!!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 01:24 PM   #16
Glackster
Got it at last!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330e MS Edition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahman View Post
Trying to order a 320d M Sport as a company car but the contract hire company came back to me yeterday saying they are unable to get any pricing info for the M Sport from BMW. Also noticed on the BMW web site that you are unable to configure the M Sport Models.

I was in the same boat. My company uses Lex, but they have them on the system now. Placed my order for a 320d M Sport in EBII.

Logged on the system and the status is just showing as "searching for car"

I just want to know when it's secured!
Appreciate 0