F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > My M-Sport has been built
GetBMWParts

08-30-2012, 04:27 AM   #23
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8 V8 '14

Glad to hear that mate. I got an email from the dealer midweek and he says he can't seem to get the VIN then. Maybe it takes awhile for the system to get updated.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 06:00 AM   #24
Spikey
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: erratically

Quote:
Originally Posted by David325Australia View Post
Just got off the phone with my dealer who DID call me as promised. After all this time waiting, I have a VIN, the build tracking website states that my car will be fully ready at plant on 30/08 at 1000.

So all you M-Sport people, we have a car coming very soon - finally!!!!
Check with your dealers.

You guys are the first people I am sharing this great news with.
Next stop - the shipping of my car from Rosslyn to Australia.
If all goes well, I could see my new F30 car late September or early October.
Quote:
Originally Posted by David325Australia View Post
Guys, do you have your M-Sport VINs yet?
I just put mine into bmwvin.com and WOW so much detail!!!
My car is complete!!!!!! YAY.
Now the wait for it to get onto a ship.

Get your VINs from your dealer and see what you get.
Cheers

MUCK YEA~!!!!! dealer called, very happy

VIN in hand, been to the sites and wow so much info

Car is complete and awaiting a ship to board~!!

looking at that vin site there's a few things i'm curious to find out what the mean...

S4AEA Armrest front, retractable (didn't take much notice in the test drive thaat the armrests were retractable )

S7CFA MINI Repair included (what's that)
S962A Deleted, licence plate support front (wtf? lol)
S8TGA Thiefproofing device (what's this)

can't wait looks like we're going to be boat buddies
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 06:28 AM   #25
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
looking at that vin site there's a few things i'm curious to find out what the mean...

S4AEA Armrest front, retractable (didn't take much notice in the test drive thaat the armrests were retractable )

S7CFA MINI Repair included (what's that)
S962A Deleted, licence plate support front (wtf? lol)
S8TGA Thiefproofing device (what's this)

can't wait looks like we're going to be boat buddies
S4AEA Standard stuff. I have a retractable one in my E90 car. No big deal there.
S7CFA If you see a stranded Mini on the road, you can fix it!!!! Seriously. Probably a screwdriver & basic tool kit - maybe. not sure. Actually no idea.
S962A Considering we need front and back licence plates…not sure.
S8TGA Possibly the standard stuff like deadlocks, data dots, high voltage electrified force field around the car when we are away from it, should anyone approach our cars.

Let me know when you find out what ship you car is scheduled for.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 06:44 AM   #26
Spikey
Captain
Australia
Rep

lol yea, i have the sliding armrest in my current too but there was a big thread on the main forum about the lack of sliding armrest in the US spec cars ..

that licence plate one is interesting... the rest seems std lol like the force field

dealer said we probably won't know what ship til next week.. when i find out i'll be sure to let you know and vice versa
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 08:51 AM   #27
fd80
Private
Rep
Drives: 328i

Theft protection maybe the immobiliser? Although I'm guessing that'll be standard anyway!

Speaking of shipping, my sportline car was produced on the 15th of Aug but still not tracking on the 2wglobal website!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 03:41 PM   #28
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ij05 View Post
Speaking of shipping, my sportline car was produced on the 15th of Aug but still not tracking on the 2wglobal website!
From reading other posts in the main threads, some cars can be sitting for a couple/few weeks waiting for a ship allocation. Your post is not surprising. Our wait is far from over. We still have to be patient for a while longer.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 09:03 PM   #29
Spikey
Captain
Australia
Rep

hmmmmmm .... got curious started to dig around on the shipping site.

I hope they release my car to be shipped out on the vessel "UNDINE" otherwise it won't get here till late Oct...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 09:25 PM   #30
fd80
Private
Rep

My concern is, that if the ship is in Durban next Tuesday, surely the car should have been booked in at the very least for the ship- Spike - I assume when you say late October means that are you in Brissy? Maybe if it misses this boat they'll ship it through Sydney?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 10:09 PM   #31
Spikey
Captain
Australia
Rep

yea that's my concern too... if it were destined for that ship, I'd have assumed it'd be already booked in etc... I'm not sure how they get their cars here. Whether they would arrive them interstate to transport up? I assumed they'd wait for a ship to make its journey here instead :
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 10:17 PM   #32
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Anything is possible, but do remember, there are probably thousands of other cars & trucks etc book in before ours. I would imagine that the cars would be booked in only after they have been built and checked. Then they wait in line.

Could be a while - then again if it's not been too busy…...
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 04:38 PM   #33
Drk280
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30

Got in the mail today expected delivery week 41 production week 34 completion week 36. Seems too quick to me since the letter said it could be up to 4 months. Also in the accessories pamphlet they included I saw LED interior lights - I was under the impression those were standard. I also like and will order the boot rubber liner and rubber floor mats. I have them on my X5 and they are great to contain sand (live in beach area). Anyone else using worthington BMW at Kariong ?
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 12:26 AM   #34
fd80
Private
Rep

Quote:
yea that's my concern too... if it were destined for that ship, I'd have assumed it'd be already booked in etc... I'm not sure how they get their cars here. Whether they would arrive them interstate to transport up? I assumed they'd wait for a ship to make its journey here instead :
You may want to check again today, I've noticed that my car (unfortunately for me its a Sportsline and not an M Sport ) has started to track - booked in as of the 29th August - Dropped off at port 31st of August.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 12:28 AM   #35
fd80
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drk280 View Post
I also like and will order the boot rubber liner and rubber floor mats. I have them on my X5 and they are great to contain sand (live in beach area). Anyone else using worthington BMW at Kariong ?
Did you get a price for the boot rubber liner? I've seen some prices on the web from the US which seem pretty cheap. About $150 or so?
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 06:49 AM   #36
Spikey
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ij05 View Post
You may want to check again today, I've noticed that my car (unfortunately for me its a Sportsline and not an M Sport ) has started to track - booked in as of the 29th August - Dropped off at port 31st of August.
Well, congrats~! at least your car is booked and and you're one step closer

I just checked again and mine still says " no records found"
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 04:11 AM   #37
fd80
Private
Rep

Quote:
Well, congrats~! at least your car is booked and and you're one step closer

I just checked again and mine still says " no records found"
Oh bugger, sorry man, hopefully it leaves on the next ship then. (edit: don't know why I used that emoticon!)
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 11:10 PM   #38
CrazyLatte
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X4 35i

So any of the MSport have started to track on the shipping site?
entered my VIN and still not tracking yet...
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 11:31 PM   #39
Spikey
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLatte View Post
So any of the MSport have started to track on the shipping site?
entered my VIN and still not tracking yet...
still a big negative
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 05:05 AM   #40
Drk280
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

On the rubber boot liner, there are two. One is like an all rubber tray (which I wish I had got on the X5 due to sand etc) and the other is the one that part will fold over the bumper to not accidentally drag anything on the paintwork (seen some lazy teens which I won't name do that on my X5 in front of me) while pulling things out of the boot. Anyway got a phone call back today telling me they will call me back with the prices tomorrow (which I'll post here) for both liners.
Also I want to change my luxury line 17" wheels for the 17" 395 models just for ease of cleaning, also I got told they will call back with the prices if any. Makes you think the should be no charge. Also my iPhone cradle was priced at $220 (AUD) but again will confirm price.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 05:59 AM   #41
Drk280
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Well no phone call with prices today... Maybe tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 06:25 AM   #42
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Nothing on the WWL shipping tracking website. That is, assuming they are shipping the car. Probably will be.

So, my question now is: Where are our cars? Probably in some parking lot waiting for a parking bay to be allocated on a ship. Hurry up please.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 07:49 AM   #43
CrazyLatte
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X4 35i

Based on observation on other threads, there seems to be a delay of ~2 weeks between prod complete and shipping... If you think that's annoying think about the people in Brisbane... Not every boat stops in Brisbane so longer waiting time for us just to get on the right boat... Not to mention the longer journey! Gee it's depressing to think about it...
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 01:27 AM   #44
Spikey
Captain
Australia
Rep

.... well if we (BNE people) aren't on the ship that sailed yesterday we probably have to wait til mid October now....

O/T:
Quote:
S962A KENNZEICHENTRAEGER VORNE ENTFALL Deleted, licence plate support front
^ I think that is supposed to be this:
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showpo...97&postcount=1
Appreciate 0