F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > BMW Canada Factory Rebate
GetBMWParts

05-05-2015, 02:18 PM   #1
DrifterX
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M Sport 6MT+RWD

Garage List
BMW Canada Factory Rebate

Has anyone had experience with BMW Canada factory rebates for new car sales? Is the rebate listed as a separate item on the sales contract or is it summed into the total discount on the vehicle?

What happens if the customer isn't notified of the rebate when purchasing the vehicle, is the dealer able to obtain that rebate for themselves?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 04:10 PM   #2
F87_LCI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB F87

Yes. It's a Factory to Dealer rebate. Not a Factory to Consumer rebate. The Dealer can keep it if you don't ask for it! They use it to "give you a deal", but there is no guarantee you are getting all of it unless you have them prove it to you. Make sure you negotiate the price of the car first, then take the rebate off after that. No reason the dealer should get any of it. They are still getting other rebates already (i.e. holdback, volume rebate, etc.).
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 04:40 PM   #3
DrifterX
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LagunaSecaBlue View Post
Yes. It's a Factory to Dealer rebate. Not a Factory to Consumer rebate. The Dealer can keep it if you don't ask for it! They use it to "give you a deal", but there is no guarantee you are getting all of it unless you have them prove it to you. Make sure you negotiate the price of the car first, then take the rebate off after that. No reason the dealer should get any of it. They are still getting other rebates already (i.e. holdback, volume rebate, etc.).
I see, I was under the assumption that it was a Factory to Consumer rebate.

I took delivery of my vehicle at the end of March but I ordered this vehicle months ago with all my negotiations, etc. I found out last week that there was and still is a $1,500 rebate for all 2015 4 Series Gran Coupe models along with a 1.9% financing at the end of March. The revised sales contract included the lower finance rate of 1.9% (and original negotiated discount) when I took delivery but he obviously didn't mention the $1,500 rebate offering from BMW Canada. I think he pulled a fast one on me because the 1.9% had changed a few days prior to me signing so there was no way I would have known about the $1,500 rebate along with it.

I wonder if I can still make some noise about it and actually get what I'm entitled to... after all, it's their fault I waited 6 months for my car and it's ridiculous how they end up making more money on it
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2015, 12:18 PM   #4
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80, F36, E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrifterX View Post

I took delivery of my vehicle at the end of March but I ordered this vehicle months ago with all my negotiations, etc. I found out last week that there was and still is a $1,500 rebate for all 2015 4 Series Gran Coupe models along with a 1.9% financing at the end of March. The revised sales contract included the lower finance rate of 1.9% (and original negotiated discount) when I took delivery but he obviously didn't mention the $1,500 rebate offering from BMW Canada. I think he pulled a fast one on me because the 1.9% had changed a few days prior to me signing so there was no way I would have known about the $1,500 rebate along with it.

I wonder if I can still make some noise about it and actually get what I'm entitled to... after all, it's their fault I waited 6 months for my car and it's ridiculous how they end up making more money on it
When did you take the delivery? Was $1,500 new rebate introduced prior to you picking up the car or after?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2015, 08:02 PM   #5
DrifterX
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by itrocks4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrifterX View Post

When did you take the delivery? Was $1,500 new rebate introduced prior to you picking up the car or after?
Pretty sure it was prior to taking delivery of my car.
      07-17-2015, 09:15 AM   #6
Kayzer Soze
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i xDrive Frozen Grey

Say you come to an agreement today for say $50,000 including $1500 dealer rebate etc...(broken down into a lease) at 1.9%

I am scheduled to sign and take delivery August 7.

Now say on August 1, bmw announces the dealer rebate to be $2000 and lease rate is 1.4%, can i hold them to it to give me an extra $500 off and the new lease rate since im only signin and takign deliver in august?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2015, 03:34 PM   #7
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

^ you put this condition in writing to your purchase agreement. Do NOT take verbal promise from SA at all.

Note: Most SA will tell you that the customer will get whatever the rate and credit allowance on delivery date but I am telling you this may not be the case at all situation; some dealer may even pocket the extra credit themselves since they will report to BMW Canada on final sales as based on delivery date (which is BMW Canada can confirm this as the factory warranty in service date)
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2015, 04:35 PM   #8
DrifterX
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayzer Soze View Post
Say you come to an agreement today for say $50,000 including $1500 dealer rebate etc...(broken down into a lease) at 1.9%

I am scheduled to sign and take delivery August 7.

Now say on August 1, bmw announces the dealer rebate to be $2000 and lease rate is 1.4%, can i hold them to it to give me an extra $500 off and the new lease rate since im only signin and takign deliver in august?
When I ordered my car, my finance rate was at 4.9% but when I took delivery, the finance rate went down to 1.9% (saved me a ton of money here but I think deserve it cuz I waited 6 months for my car due to my SA's incompetence...). On the day I ordered my car, I was specifically told by one of the business managers that I will get the rate which is offered on the day of my delivery. bobblehead may be right that they will pocket it though, my experiences tells me they will not let you know unless it benefits them somehow... as was my case; my SA was very adamant about the lower 1.9% finance rate but not once did he mention that there was now a $1,500 factory rebate (which I found out a month later while reading the forums). They pocketed that and probably made it as a part of my discount when reporting to BMW Canada.

The factory rebate as mentioned earlier in this thread, is a rebate to the dealer so you'll have to bring it up to your SA and see if they're willing to negotiate further to share that extra $500 on the table. Good Luck.
Appreciate 0